Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #31
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Any niggling pains or injuries? Post them here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
How often do you do balance training on a wobble board?
Very occasionally do squats on one as part of circuits,although there's a flat bottomed box I use that's quite springy a lot more often.A Reebok one although I'm not sure of the exact name for it.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #32
Chip
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Both my hands are fu**ed. The joints of my thumbs constantly seem to get knocked in sparring and the joints will be sore for a couple of days.

Same with my middle finger joint, which seems to again only get sore when it gets knocked funny in sparring.

Unfortunately these have both become long term niggling injuries.....even a boxing layoff of a couple of months did nothing to help my hands. I make sure to wrap my hands with two hand wraps nowadays but Im still looking for a better solution? Anyone have any ideas? Gel padded hand wraps for example?

Aside from my hands my elbows get sore alot especially after Ive hyperextended it during a missed punch.

Most recent niggling injury has started ever since I became a postman, lugging round heavy bags over the right shoulder, or picking up heavy sacks of mail with one hand (bad habit to save time) my right shoulder aches in certain situations and sometimes when I throw a hard right my shoulder doesnt feel completely stable, like its not in its joint as solid as it should be.

Also got a bad left knee that gets worse after lots of hill sprints or too much running in general.

The list goes on.

Im only 23 and my body is falling apart it feels like.

Worrying.
Chip is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #33
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PityTheFool View Post
Very occasionally do squats on one as part of circuits,although there's a flat bottomed box I use that's quite springy a lot more often.A Reebok one although I'm not sure of the exact name for it.
Wobble board exercises should be your number one priority if you have ankle issues, trust me on that.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #34
JudgeDredd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3424

Right hip & tennis elbow.
JudgeDredd is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #35
Lartize
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2468

It makes me feel really good that a lot of other guys here in their early 20's feel like they are old men too; haha.. I am not the only one.
Lartize is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #36
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

I have bicep problem.....really sucks I have been to physio and my doctor is not sure what is causing it.....I tore my shoulder some time ago and she thinks it may be related to that I have been doing these stretches and exercises but no improvement.

Anyone else have / had any bicep injuries?

Freaking is killing me when I do my floor exercises and I am s.hit scared to do any pull/chin ups.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #37
Pork Chop
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

not sure if this counts...

came down with a mrsa infection about 3 weeks ago.
it's pretty serious, they had to cut me open pretty deep to get to the root of the infection.
lots of pain.
i was in and out of the doctor's office every other day for a week.
my wounds are still healing up.
haven't been able to work out and totally fell off my diet.
not sure when i'll be able to work out again, but at least i finally went for a jog last night.
the august 25th fight i've been training for is off the table.

there's a good chance i got the infection from my dirty muay thai gym.
2 of my other team mates also had same thing in the past- but nowhere near as serious.
decided not to go back to that gym.
don't know how to tell my coach.
it's going to cause a huge stink.
can't gamble with my health though, and I don't ever want to go through this again.

whole situation is messing with my head.
only bright spot is some excitement at the prospect of returning to boxing when I can finally start working out again; I've been doing muay thai almost exclusively for the last 4 years.

hopefully next week i can get back on diet and sometime soon, start punching stuff again.
Pork Chop is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #38
Rakim
Captain ****wit

vCash: 6000
Wink Re: Any niggling pains or injuries? Post them here...

A muscular pain from the top of my right arse cheek to about a 1/3 of the way up my back, alongside my spine. A combination of deadlifts and a tweak whilst wheelbarrowing a load of slabs around on the same day did it, and almost two years on it's still not cured even though I've had several physio sessions. Some days I struggle to put my left sock on.
Rakim is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #39
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I went to a football physio the other day about my ankles and it turns out I've got chronic problems because of an imbalance on my left side.Apparently something is being strangled(forget exact terminology)
It explains so much.Back pain,neck pain etc.
So glad I went now.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #40
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Look, I will help ya'll with your injuries. I know I can help you. All you have to do is PM me. NO charge, NO fee, nothing.

But I can make your injuries go away. If you are a BULLY, don't bother pming me, but I know I can help you.

Either that, or look for shit yourself, but I have the advice. Just pm me. That's all you got to do.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #41
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

And I'm bein serious. This is no joke. I have my own problems. It's not related, but I know how it feels to be injured and feel like less a man.

I can help you. Just don't use it to beat up weak people or you know, be a ****in bully or a piece of shit, and I'll help you.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #42
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
Look, I will help ya'll with your injuries. I know I can help you. All you have to do is PM me. NO charge, NO fee, nothing.

But I can make your injuries go away. If you are a BULLY, don't bother pming me, but I know I can help you.

Either that, or look for shit yourself, but I have the advice. Just pm me. That's all you got to do.
Let me guess, stop doing weight training?
Your one size fits all cure for everything. Oh and Jesus as well.
You're a ****ing idiot.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #43
AdamB
Journeyman

So I'm coming up to 3 weeks without any training at all now because of my left elbow - it's an on and off pain, exacerbated I thought by hyperextending the elbow joint when shadow boxing and also trying to punch at full reach on pads and the heavy bag. However, despite really doing nothing, not even running to save the slight strain that makes on my elbow, I can still feel a slight throbbing pain every now and then - pops up when carrying bags from the shops etc.

Question is, what do I do? The pain is completely bearable and fairly rare right now, but it's noticable enough that I know going back to training is just gonna bring the injury straight back. My local 'surgery' is a tiny converted bungalow and frankly pretty crap, but also massively difficult to get an appointment at especially since I work full time - I'd like to avoid going there if at all possible since they're not usually particularly helpful.
AdamB is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #44
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Can you not explain to the surgery your problem and they can refer you to occupational therapy or something like that? Make out that the elbow is affecting you doing your job which is therefore affecting your income. They should send you for and x ray or scan if you explain that. Might have to travel to a hospital though.

Injuries for me have been an ongoing thing since i started boxing when i was about 12. Jaw, right elbow, multiple hand injuries (broken bones on both hands and fingers), knees have clicked since as long as i can remember, and the worst right now is ankle injuries brought on by playing footy. Seems everytime i take to a football pitch/5 a side court i play for a couple months then tear ligaments that will keep me out for about 3 months at a time.

Anyone else feel like they've burned out and should pack it in?

P.s only 24 by the way, youngish like the rest of you fellas
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #45
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Let me guess, stop doing weight training?
Your one size fits all cure for everything. Oh and Jesus as well.
You're a ****ing idiot.
No, this isn't my solution. They could do this, and I would advise people to do this because I don't think weightlifting is necessary, but I know of other methods that can improve tendon and joint strength.

The last thing people need it so take advice from the likes of you. The methods I advise have been proven for longevity and strong joints for life.

What you preach is nothing but the latest fitness craze.

And bodyweight training doesn't work...oh wait...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsTKfUT-RQ[/ame]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing