Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #46
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Any niggling pains or injuries? Post them here...

If ya'll want to listen to that prentetious little ****, dealt with, who's probably no older than 25, do what you want.

But if you want to heal your body pm me. I'm giving my advice away for free.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #47
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
So I'm coming up to 3 weeks without any training at all now because of my left elbow - it's an on and off pain, exacerbated I thought by hyperextending the elbow joint when shadow boxing and also trying to punch at full reach on pads and the heavy bag. However, despite really doing nothing, not even running to save the slight strain that makes on my elbow, I can still feel a slight throbbing pain every now and then - pops up when carrying bags from the shops etc.

Question is, what do I do? The pain is completely bearable and fairly rare right now, but it's noticable enough that I know going back to training is just gonna bring the injury straight back. My local 'surgery' is a tiny converted bungalow and frankly pretty crap, but also massively difficult to get an appointment at especially since I work full time - I'd like to avoid going there if at all possible since they're not usually particularly helpful.
Where's the injury, on the inside or outside of the elbow? Either medial or lateral epicondylitis, there are plenty of rehab exercises on the internet to help you recover. You wouldn't see a doctor for that, you'd see a sports doctor or physiotherapist.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #48
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Where's the injury, on the inside or outside of the elbow? Either medial or lateral epicondylitis, there are plenty of rehab exercises on the internet to help you recover. You wouldn't see a doctor for that, you'd see a sports doctor or physiotherapist.
You ain't need any of this bullshit. Not everyone on this site is as rich as you and have parents that gave them all the money they want.

If you want to know how to heal yourself without seeing a doctor, let me know.

PM me.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Eye View Post
No, this isn't my solution. They could do this, and I would advise people to do this because I don't think weightlifting is necessary, but I know of other methods that can improve tendon and joint strength.

The last thing people need it so take advice from the likes of you. The methods I advise have been proven for longevity and strong joints for life.

What you preach is nothing but the latest fitness craze.

And bodyweight training doesn't work...oh wait...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You idiot, the way to increase tendon and ligament strength is through weight training and proprioceptive exercise.
I don't follow any fitness craze, I'm a professional in this area.
Bodyweight training is great for the upper body (It's the only upper body strength training I do, weighted pull ups, dips, handstand push-ups, one armed chins, with weights only being used for accessory work), it's next to impossible to increase lower body strength without weight training and as you should know almost every athletic movement relies on power being delivered from the legs.

You know nothing, if you had something substantial to say why can't you just tell us all? The fact that you make out like you have a solution for everybody indicates that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Every injury has a specific cause, usually a biomechanical or muscular imbalance issue. You can have the same injury as someone else with a completely different cause.

Tell us all the secret please, oh master ****tard
Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #50
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You ain't need any of this bullshit. Not everyone on this site is as rich as you and have parents that gave them all the money they want.

If you want to know how to heal yourself without seeing a doctor, let me know.

PM me.
He can't afford the internet? I do believe he's on the internet, don't ask me why but I do. PM me if you'd like to know why I believe this.

Is the answer Jesus? Allah? Zeus? The Secret?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #51
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You idiot, the way to increase tendon and ligament strength is through weight training and proprioceptive exercise.
I don't follow any fitness craze, I'm a professional in this area.
Bodyweight training is great for the upper body (It's the only upper body strength training I do, weighted pull ups, dips, handstand push-ups, one armed chins, with weights only being used for accessory work), it's next to impossible to increase lower body strength without weight training and as you should know almost every athletic movement relies on power being delivered from the legs.

You know nothing, if you had something substantial to say why can't you just tell us all? The fact that you make out like you have a solution for everybody indicates that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Every injury has a specific cause, usually a biomechanical or muscular imbalance issue. You can have the same injury as someone else with a completely different cause.

Tell us all the secret please, oh master ****tard

I'm not gonna tell you're little bitch ass shit cuz I don't like you. You're some punk ass kid that has been liftin weights for a few years and thinks he knows everything.

You ain't ever had to deal with injuries because you're still a punk ass kid.

This is a boxing website. This isn't a website for guys that are trying to get in the NFL.

If it was, they would require a different type of training, but the NFL uses guys like thoroughbreds. They get the most out of them for a short period of time, and then leave them all ****ed up.

Most people on this site probably don't want to have a short prime, and then be ****ed up later in life.

The type of shit you subscribe to could very well leave people in that position. You're too young to know better. You think you know everything.

But in reality, you're just some spoiled rich kid who's mommy and daddy paid for everything and you never worked a day in your life.

You're probably still in college, and you live in a ****in dorm.

How the **** you afford it?

You don't know shit. What the **** you know about boxing anyway?

Not a damn thing.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #52
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm not gonna tell you're little bitch ass shit cuz I don't like you. You're some punk ass kid that has been liftin weights for a few years and thinks he knows everything.

You ain't ever had to deal with injuries because you're still a punk ass kid.

This is a boxing website. This isn't a website for guys that are trying to get in the NFL.

If it was, they would require a different type of training, but the NFL uses guys like thoroughbreds. They get the most out of them for a short period of time, and then leave them all ****ed up.

Most people on this site probably don't want to have a short prime, and then be ****ed up later in life.

The type of shit you subscribe to could very well leave people in that position. You're too young to know better. You think you know everything.

But in reality, you're just some spoiled rich kid who's mommy and daddy paid for everything and you never worked a day in your life.

You're probably still in college, and you live in a ****in dorm.

How the **** you afford it?

You don't know shit. What the **** you know about boxing anyway?

Not a damn thing.
28 years old, state boxing champ and state basketball player. Mum's dead, Dad has cancer. I've had broken/sprained ankles as youngster, broken fingers.
I'm the healthiest and in the best shape I've ever been in, haven't had an injury in years. I'm a physiotherapist and I've trained people for years.
I'll embarrass you with anything you wish to discuss in this area.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #53
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
28 years old, state boxing champ and state basketball player. Mum's dead, Dad has cancer. I've had broken/sprained ankles as youngster, broken fingers.
I'm the healthiest and in the best shape I've ever been in, haven't had an injury in years. I'm a physiotherapist and I've trained people for years.
I'll embarrass you with anything you wish to discuss in this area.
State boxing champ?

Stop lyin. Sorry about your mom and your dad, and that's ****ed up if you're lyin about it.

You sound like a prententious little punk. It's hard to believe what you're sayin, but I'll just assume you wouldn't lie about something like that.

It would take a real piece of shit to do something like that.

And you can't embarrass me because my method works, so what the **** is it that you are talkin about?

Also, we don't say "mum" in the US, so what state are you talkin about?

The state of England?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #54
AdamB
Journeyman

Quote:
It's pretty much on the point of the elbow, so from what I can garner from Google Images it would be medial epicondylitis. Is it more likely that than anything else though, considering the length of the injury?

I'll book an appointment with the GP and tell her it's giving me huge issues at work etc in order to get referred to the physio, but that whole process is almost certainly going to take 2~ months.
AdamB is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #55
scotchpieirnbru
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Yeah i can relate to that, it takes ages to get seen to properly for things like that. BUT once its done you will know what the problem is after a scan or something like that.
scotchpieirnbru is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #56
Ulioness

My wrist has this annoying pain sometimes. Pain in my left shoulder but that's because I try to over do my hook sometimes.
Ulioness is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing