Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #31
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187
Default Re: Damien Hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I know Bodo is gone m8. And Kel Bryant is an exellent coach but the rest of them are fckwits.

you didnt know jack shit you lying cunt, you're just back tracking now, you mentioned Bodo about ten times in previous posts as if he was still involved, you just hate authority & think that piss ant poor sports are always right, much like yourself
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 01:45 AM   #32
raxman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
So what is Andreas's standing in the new hierachy ?
he's gone mate - don abnett is the coach, mick daly the assistant. the victorian coach kel bryant has been an assistant with them in europe over the last few months at all those tourneys in weird arse countries like lithuania - i know i shouldnt call Lithuania weird, lets go with obscure - but i'm not sure whether kel is going to london or not
see this is where ty is a little out of line with his critiquing of these guys coz someone like kel, although he is compensated for going OS with the team its nothing compared to what he would earn from his businesses were he to stay - not to mention the risk he takes of clients going elsewhere. as someone else stated - "you mean the volunteers" there are pricks involved in all sport but here in boxing the cream rises to the top with the talent - espec with the improved scoring system - guys like luke jackson and cameron hammond seem to have improved out of sight under the new crew

as for bodo andreas - i dont know where he has gone but thankfully he is no longer involved with our team
raxman is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 AM   #33
catch22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I think Bodo is still involved with boxing at some level but not with the day to day coaching or travelling with the elite males

I think he is also looking after/assisting with the female boxers?
catch22 is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #34
oba carr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxman View Post
he's gone mate - don abnett is the coach, mick daly the assistant. the victorian coach kel bryant has been an assistant with them in europe over the last few months at all those tourneys in weird arse countries like lithuania - i know i shouldnt call Lithuania weird, lets go with obscure - but i'm not sure whether kel is going to london or not
see this is where ty is a little out of line with his critiquing of these guys coz someone like kel, although he is compensated for going OS with the team its nothing compared to what he would earn from his businesses were he to stay - not to mention the risk he takes of clients going elsewhere. as someone else stated - "you mean the volunteers" there are pricks involved in all sport but here in boxing the cream rises to the top with the talent - espec with the improved scoring system - guys like luke jackson and cameron hammond seem to have improved out of sight under the new crew

as for bodo andreas - i dont know where he has gone but thankfully he is no longer involved with our team
Kel isnt going to London cos of like you said the loss to him financally, might be to big a risk to take.

I also thought Bodo was still involved someway?
Catch22 mentioned he was looking after the woman's team.

Lets hope he has the same success with the woman's team as he had with dealing with Trent Rawlins!

Bodo's a flog
oba carr is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 03:04 AM   #35
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i reckon all of u guys have valid points, even tc, there is a lot of politics in the sport,we were always told 16 year olds could not fight seniors let alone represent ur state or ur country,some officials seem to change the rules to suit a boxer they want in a team,to bad if ur not a part of there little club,it has been happening for years unfortunately. dont get me wrong,i wish all of our fighters the best,just feel sorry for some of the lads that have done everything right and miss out because they arnt a part of the little circle. bodo was brought in to qld boxing without the clubs knowing anything about it, that is one reason there is 3 amateur associations in the state, bloody politics
bluey is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 AM   #36
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

as for damian, i know ppl that have been involved with him for a long time,he needs to grow up or we mite not even get a chance to see him in the pro's either, having all the talent in the world wont be any good to him if he wastes it behind bars
bluey is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #37
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
you didnt know jack shit you lying cunt, you're just back tracking now, you mentioned Bodo about ten times in previous posts as if he was still involved, you just hate authority & think that piss ant poor sports are always right, much like yourself
sure thing ****smoker
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #38
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
sure thing ****smoker

stop trying to pretend you know anything

you were a nobody back in the day & you're a nobody now, you try & pretend you're in the know

You're a know all that knows **** all
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 AM   #39
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxman View Post

Thanks for the reply Raxman.
I was having a look on Boxing Australia's website, on a 11/5/12 entry Andreass is named as the Aust. Women's coach.
Good news for the men but awful luck for the women that he is still on the scene.
Hope Hooper can get his s--t together and take a mature attitude towards resolving his differences with management. He has been like a loose cannon for the pas few years.
Competition at the olympics is always super tough but Hooper has a real chance of pulling off the seemingly impossible, an olympic gold.
Any Aussie who could pull that off would be a national hero. Hooper would be a complete goose to stuff that up.
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #40
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

A loose cannon that found his neesh and life in boxing, works his way to the olympics then doesn't sound good...what a shame!

All the best Damien, hope something triggers a spark in you to do what you set out to accomplish and what you work so hard to achieve
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #41
Above Deck
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I wouldnt be dissapointed to see him go straight through to the pros.

The kid is an exceptional talent, competing in the olympics would only
benefit himself - but if he feels he cant do it, then no biggy.

Hopefully we get the full story on this anyway.
Above Deck is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #42
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

The holy grail of boxing is Olympic Gold, the 1st aussie to win will become a bigger name than Jeff Fenech. He shouldnt let it go, he defeated a cuban didnt he? why sell yourself short and turn pro, go for the holy grail i say.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
realtyson
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don't like to say it but Australia will never have boxing Olympic gold... Hope to hell I'm wrong
realtyson is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #44
raxman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
Thanks for the reply Raxman.
I was having a look on Boxing Australia's website, on a 11/5/12 entry Andreass is named as the Aust. Women's coach.
Good news for the men but awful luck for the women that he is still on the scene.
Hope Hooper can get his s--t together and take a mature attitude towards resolving his differences with management. He has been like a loose cannon for the pas few years.
Competition at the olympics is always super tough but Hooper has a real chance of pulling off the seemingly impossible, an olympic gold.
Any Aussie who could pull that off would be a national hero. Hooper would be a complete goose to stuff that up.
yeah look i have no doubt there will be buckling all around - hooper is going to swallow his pride and apologise and the powers are going to make it really easy to do it, make it so he does the absolute minimum so as not to lose face - coz lets face it hooper wants to go to the olympic and the powers want a fighter who can win a medal - and he's one of the best amateur boxers in the world.
and speaking of swallowing ones pride how the **** does bodo go from being the mens coach to the women's? thats how little option he had after ****ing up the men - its like going from the NBA to the WNBA
raxman is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
When did they axe boxing at the AIS? ive been out of the amateur game since 2004 and havent keept upto date on what the boys club fags are doing. You must also remember ive witnessed and experianced the corruption of these officals , not just AIS but also the VIC ones.

We dont have sht boxers in this country , Thailand won gold medal at lightweight yet we cant? Its the politics and system and its still not working today as i see it. As for AIS, the AIS called me up for the scholarship i applied for in order to get into the London Olympics so im at a bit of a loss about that, whats happen to all the guys who got the scholarships for that? turffed to their state which is in most cases in shambles or ?

VIC makes up their own rules, they allow fighters with fractured ribs to contuine on in the team even if they cant do any sparring. That to me is corruption, they have their favs picked and so do the judges, its one of the most corrupt sports in our country and it needs to stop.

Its no longer a sport i would encourage any kid to be involved in, id much prefer to see kids play football or some other sport that wont show them the seedy corrupt side of sport.
Ty, I like this AIS scholarship for the London Olympics story. Did you not put your date of birth on the application form? They must have thought you to be pretty talented for them to have offered you a scholarship after not having fought since you lost in 2004. Seriously, are you back on the gunja?
Johnny Boy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum