Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Referee Knocks Out Cornerman!!!

wasn't the ref a professional fighter, trained to punch, and the cornerman a shlub trained to squeeze a water bottle? I hope he KO's the water bottle that quickly, or it doesn't say much about trained fighters.
macp1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #17
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

I can see those glass jaw fags being all over this
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Tha was classic.

Does anyone know what the follow up was? Did the ref get charged?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #19
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Tha was classic.

Does anyone know what the follow up was? Did the ref get charged?
Have been searching for the answer to that question
Old 06-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #20
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

The ref had this to say about the incident:

Quote:
"After reading the comments posted here over the last few days, this is my perspective of how things went. After taking several hard shots from his opponent the Kage Killers' fighter dropped to a knee, forcing me to hault the bout. The Kage Killers' cornerman then entered the cage and began to complain that his fighter had been hit by an illegal kick to the back of the head. At this point I explained that his man had turned his back. after the strike was thrown (you can see me rotating my finger in a stirring motion), making it a fair kick. Before I could finish explaining, the cornerman made several profane comments toward me and turned to walk away. At this point, I tapped him on the shoulder and explained to him that because of the disrespectful manner he was speaking to an official, that he would be barred from ringside for the remainder of the event.

This was not done to provoke a fight, but rather to ensure order in the cage. Before I could finish, he yelled back not to touch him and shouted profanity again. With my hands open at chest level, blocking him from pushing forward back into the cage, I told him to leave the cage immediately and not to return. At this point he planted his feet, squeezed my forearms and shoved at me. Realizing I was dealing with a trained combatant in an irrational state, I reacted instictively to defend myself. Having trained nearly everyday for more than a decade, I understood his aggressive posture and what was possible to ensue from there.

I did not know the man in front of me, or exactly what he was capable of. As well, I saw no security or other officials in our immediate area. With self preservation in mind, I did what I felt I needed to. After the incident, I was immediately assaulted and dogpiled by 3-4 of his teammates, before being pulled out by Dean Hamilton. After leaving the cage, I immediately exited the building. Although I wasn't there, I was informed that the Kage Killers team was involved in another fight with a different group after I had left. While it can be argued that the referee's job is to de-escalate an aggressive situation, I am still a human being. Having said this, I am disappointed that this nasty scene had to take place during such a trying time in the state's struggle for MMA santioning This is a sport that I truly cherish, and would never intentionally make any actions to hurt it's reputation.

As far as the cornerman (whom a later learned was Corey Hayes), It was never a personal issue against him. I understand that emotions can flare in the heat of things, but I simply felt his words toward a ring official were unacceptable. I acted, in turn, by barring him from ringside. It was his actions that elevated the situation to what it became. I was not acting in anger, but in self-defense. Please note that throughout this entire process I never even raised my voice. I do not expect everyone to agree with my actions. However, it is what it is. Had I been given the time to think the entire process through, I certainly wouldn't have wanted things to turn out this way . But as it stands, I made a split second call to ensure that I wasn't the one laying face-down on the mat. "
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Good find
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #22
dranon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2185

Ref Punched out some fat kid trying to look like a bad ass and now is claiming it was self defense. Priceless.
dranon is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thanks Rob.

I'm with the ref on this one. The football/soccer world could do with a stack of refs like this one.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #24
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Referee is a complete moron. WTF the guy didn't even raise his hand to you.
Yeah his explanation seemed a bit weird as i didn't see some of what he explained in the video. Could imagine Big John doing that?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Referee is a complete moron. WTF the guy didn't even raise his hand to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Yeah his explanation seemed a bit weird as i didn't see some of what he explained in the video. Could imagine Big John doing that?
The fat guy pushed the ref and then squared up to him, that's a minimal excuse for a scrap where I come from. The moment you lay hands........

In too many sports the ref's are used as verbal and sometimes physical punchbags, glad to see a ref stick up for himself, why should he put up with that shit for doing his job? Good on him.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
The fat guy pushed the ref and then squared up to him, that's a minimal excuse for a scrap where I come from. The moment you lay hands........

In too many sports the ref's are used as verbal and sometimes physical punchbags, glad to see a ref stick up for himself, why should he put up with that shit for doing his job? Good on him.
I never noticed that in the vid. If thats the case more power to the ref
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #27
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
the ref is a liar.

You could see the cornerman (Corey Hayes) said something to the ref then walked away. the ref approached him put his hands on the cornerman first, you could clearly see the ref grab the mans left arm. Hayes then pushes the ref away and has his hands at his sides is even backing up (maybe from being pushed back?) and is punched in the face by the referee just before another man tries to jump in between them. the referee was heated by what the cornerman said to him, he just needed an excuse... maybe the guy deserved it but he certainly wasnt the aggressor.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #28
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
the ref is a liar.

You could see the cornerman (Corey Hayes) said something to the ref then walked away. the ref approached him put his hands on the cornerman first, you could clearly see the ref grab the mans arm. Hayes then pushes the ref away and has his hands at his sides and is punched in the face by the referee just before another man tries to jump in between them.
The ref had the right to clear the ring of an aggresive cornerman the fatboy had no legitimate claim at all. At 1.03 something happens pushwise looks like fattie pushed and then sqaures his shoulders.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #29
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The ref had the right to clear the ring of an aggresive cornerman the fatboy had no legitimate claim at all. At 1.03 something happens pushwise looks like fattie pushed and then sqaures his shoulders.
maybe the cornerman guy put his hands on the ref first its unclear, but then the referee grabs his arm and thats when the cornerman pushes him away and moves backwards with his hands at his sides when he gets hit.

It seems like the guy had said something that really gets the ref angry, all depends on what the guy said weather it was deserved or not.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #30
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
maybe the cornerman guy put his hands on the ref first its unclear, but then the referee grabs his arm and thats when the cornerman pushes him away and moves backwards with his hands at his sides when he gets hit.

It seems like the guy had said something that really gets the ref angry, all depends on what the guy said weather it was deserved or not.
That's what I like about you Yaca, you stick only to the facts, always fair and totally objective.

By the way, I'm gonna respond to your Sanklai post in the MT ATG thread, when I snatch a bit of time to watch the clips later.
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum