Old 06-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #31
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Leonard humiliating Duran in round 7 of their second fight

Jerome Artis

I beat Ray Leonard, then I walked over to say "good fight',

And I looked at his face, and he was crying.

I looked at my coach, and asked him what should I do, and he said,

"If you ever cry after losing a bout, I'll beat you with a baseball bat'

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
big man
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

And Jerome Artis amounted to what exactly??

Augie Sanchez beat Floyd Mayweather in the amateurs as well.

Absolutely irrelevent.
big man is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #33
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Well we know where Pepe's soft spot is.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #34
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jerome Artis

1972 National AAU Featherweight {125 lb.} Champion

'Not A Cryer'
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #35
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

Duran certainly was,though - shed many tears in his dressing room following being comprehensively beaten by a virtual unknown in Kirkland Laing,apparently.No sympathy from Don King,though; he really laid in to Roberto and sent him packing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_ View Post
Senor Pepe Umad. Its obvious.

Sugah didn't want everyone to look at him, he wanted Duran to look at him. That's what Duran couldn't take. Looking at someone handing him a thorough beatdown.

In the paint, Duran couldn't do anything. Sugah was outspeeding him and using great foot movement.
On the ropes, Duran couldn't do anything. When Sugah didn't feint or slip out, he held his ground and whirled away flurries on the inside, Sugah was unbulliable.

Sugah was staring Duran in the eyes and bitching him like a bitch. Duran couldn't take it. "No Mas"

Sugah wanted an immediate rematch after the first fight, because he knew he could beat Duran, turns out he was absolutely 100% right, cause he beat him badly and beat him with style. I watch this fight all the time!

No the hell it wasn't. Let's see your scorecards bro.

and yours too

Both of you need to to actually have some commentary to back up whatever silliness your scorecards might be. I'd be more than happy to do the same.

Infact, I'm watching the fight again right this moment!

Early in the 2nd Round.. Sugah chops a right down into Duran that infuriates him! He's at Sugah immediately! Only to meet a beautifully timed two piece! Durans angry,off balance, he charges back in!Bullytime! But nO! Sugah tosses him off his gameplan again! Duran eats some sneaky shots! Clench time is right uppercut time! Duran eats it! Ref breaks them up!
Look at Duran! Hes positively enraged! He's furious! Listen to Cosell describe it!:

Round 7!

Oh my god! Look at Sugah go! He pissed Duran the hell off in Round 6, now he's toying with him.
Lenard beautifully feints a right and -knowing exactly what Duran is going to do- ducks Duran's left hook counter-straight right follow through! Pure poetry on Sugah's part! Duran knows it, Sugah knows it: Durans being bitched. Duran throws a wild left, Sugah slides out of the way.
Let the games begin! Its all Sugah! Who is doubling and trippling the jab to Duran's mid section. Too much speed for Stonehands!
1:27! Sugah starts at his shift posturing! Listen to Cosell!
(Shut up Cosell! Get'em Sugah!)
This is why you dont listen to old unathletic commentators talk about fighting when they've never fought themselves..
Duran is sticking a jab at nothing! Sugah is smiling and dancing right out of his reach! Cosell:

We interrupt this square-ass commentary with a Sugah Ray Leonard flurry that is positively beautiful!-Sugah digs in! One, Two, Three, Four! Blazing handspeed is on display and just like that Sugah strikes and slides right out of there, Duran's hair is still bouncing from the shots! Cosell is still mid-lame-ass-rant

Duran is messed up! He beckons Ray over to him!
Cosell (who never acknowledges that stunning battering that just took place, maybe it was too fast for him to see it?):

Sugah responds appropriately: with a Ali Shuffle!!!
Two seconds, three seconds! They're both in the ropes! Duran's territory right?! RIGHT! Duran is swinging! Nothing's landing! NO! Sugah throws eight punches! Most of them land! Impossible! Sugah slides out!
More posturing from Sugah!

No he didnt! Yes HE DID!

Sugah is making Duran look like a fool! Now he's the one beckoning Duran to come over! Beckoning! Beckoning!
Duran (like an idiot) comes on, with seven seconds left to go in the round Sugar digs in and slams a left hook into Duran's body to punctuate all the ass whooping Duran's been getting so far. Lets hear more of square-ass Cosell:
Don't worry guys, Cosell was butthurt for all of you.
As the round ends, Duran waves off Sugah "I ain't even mad tho.."-like..

Duran's mad (and yall mad too)

Round 8 starts with something curious?! What's the Ref holding Duran up for?
"Towel him!" Aww, whatever little edge you were trying to get shall not be had this day Duran. They wipe Duran off and Sugar smiles and smiles and smiles and out-boxes, outspeeds, outclasses Duran..untill...untill...

"No Mas" ~ Too much ass whooping in this ring right now for Duran, his stomache hurts not from steak, but from those jabs and body punches! His legs aren't cramping up..He's tired from the superior footwork that Leonard has put on him! "No Mas!"-"No Mas!"

Revenge complete. GG Duran.

It's okay though Pepe, Longhhorn71, heres looking at yous guys.....

I can't help but feel this is the finest post in the history of Eastside boxing.In the history of all internet forums,even.

Not as great as the Sugar man himself,but pretty darn close.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #36
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Oh? I'd say Duran was pretty hurt enough to stop in the 2nd fight.

Duran was a great and tough fighter, if he was hurt by a shot it was usually registered as anger on his face.
Duran may have been hurt all right....his professional pride that is...when he thought he was in the ring with a certified clown, aka SRL, and demeaning the great sport of boxing as Terry Atlas always likes to say.
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #37
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyourownway View Post
Duran certainly was,though - shed many tears in his dressing room following being comprehensively beaten by a virtual unknown in Kirkland Laing,apparently.No sympathy from Don King,though; he really laid in to Roberto and sent him packing.

I can't help but feel this is the finest post in the history of Eastside boxing.In the history of all internet forums,even.
Agreed. Incredible.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
Goyourownway
Insanity enthusiast
ESB Senior Member

Location: Challenging you and pushing your body to it's full limit

I don't recall many old timers lauding Duran for upholding the sport's integrity when he threw his arms up and let out an old,soggy fart(man,what a rebel!) and quit in the middle of the ring.Ray Arcel in particular seemed awfully upset by the incident; so upset,in fact,that he retired.
Goyourownway is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #39
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Where's Duranimal and Pachilles?
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Sugah didn't want everyone to look at him, he wanted Duran to look at him. That's what Duran couldn't take. Looking at someone handing him a thorough beatdown.

In the paint, Duran couldn't do anything. Sugah was outspeeding him and using great foot movement.
On the ropes, Duran couldn't do anything. When Sugah didn't feint or slip out, he held his ground and whirled away flurries on the inside, Sugah was unbulliable.

Sugah was staring Duran in the eyes and bitching him like a bitch. Duran couldn't take it. "No Mas"

Sugah wanted an immediate rematch after the first fight, because he knew he could beat Duran, turns out he was absolutely 100% right, cause he beat him badly and beat him with style. I watch this fight all the time!

and yours too

Both of you need to to actually have some commentary to back up whatever silliness your scorecards might be. I'd be more than happy to do the same.

Early in the 2nd Round.. Sugah chops a right down into Duran that infuriates him! He's at Sugah immediately! Only to meet a beautifully timed two piece! Durans angry,off balance, he charges back in!Bullytime! But nO! Sugah tosses him off his gameplan again! Duran eats some sneaky shots! Clench time is right uppercut time! Duran eats it! Ref breaks them up!
Look at Duran! Hes positively enraged! He's furious! Listen to Cosell describe it!:

Round 7!

Oh my god! Look at Sugah go! He pissed Duran the hell off in Round 6, now he's toying with him.
Lenard beautifully feints a right and -knowing exactly what Duran is going to do- ducks Duran's left hook counter-straight right follow through! Pure poetry on Sugah's part! Duran knows it, Sugah knows it: Durans being bitched. Duran throws a wild left, Sugah slides out of the way.
Let the games begin! Its all Sugah! Who is doubling and trippling the jab to Duran's mid section. Too much speed for Stonehands!
This is why you dont listen to old unathletic commentators talk about fighting when they've never fought themselves..
Duran is sticking a jab at nothing! Sugah is smiling and dancing right out of his reach! Cosell:

We interrupt this square-ass commentary with a Sugah Ray Leonard flurry that is positively beautiful!-Sugah digs in! One, Two, Three, Four! Blazing handspeed is on display and just like that Sugah strikes and slides right out of there, Duran's hair is still bouncing from the shots! Cosell is still mid-lame-ass-rant

Cosell (who never acknowledges that stunning battering that just took place, maybe it was too fast for him to see it?):

Two seconds, three seconds! They're both in the ropes! Duran's territory right?! RIGHT! Duran is swinging! Nothing's landing! NO! Sugah throws eight punches! Most of them land! Impossible! Sugah slides out!

No he didnt! Yes HE DID!

Sugah is making Duran look like a fool! Now he's the one beckoning Duran to come over! Beckoning! Beckoning!
Duran (like an idiot) comes on, with seven seconds left to go in the round Sugar digs in and slams a left hook into Duran's body to punctuate all the ass whooping Duran's been getting so far. Lets hear more of square-ass Cosell:

"Towel him!" Aww, whatever little edge you were trying to get shall not be had this day Duran. They wipe Duran off and Sugar smiles and smiles and smiles and out-boxes, outspeeds, outclasses Duran..untill...untill...

"No Mas" ~ Too much ass whooping in this ring right now for Duran, his stomache hurts not from steak, but from those jabs and body punches! His legs aren't cramping up..He's tired from the superior footwork that Leonard has put on him! "No Mas!"-"No Mas!"

I like you, Posts of Stone
Pachilles is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #41
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

and yours too

Round 7!

No he didnt! Yes HE DID!

Load of wank
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #42
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
I like you, Posts of Stone
Quit touting for trade rentboy
Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #43
Pachilles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
Quit touting for trade rentboy
Atleast i have the balls to get ****ed in the poo
Pachilles is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #44
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachilles View Post
Atleast i have the balls to get ****ed in the poo
You ai'nt got no balls yer just one huge accomadating anus
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #45
DrBanzai
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Duran had the Flu that night, just another gift win fore the over rated Leonard.
DrBanzai is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum