Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #61
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562
Default Re: If Ward had of fought Bute before Froch beat him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Sure Froch did what Ward should have done but you can see that Bute is mentally weak and melted down in grand fashion on the big stage. Ward is not mentally weak he wasn't intimadated by a guy who can get into your head like Froch. He beat Froch on the inside and outboxed him on the outside and even hurt Froch in their fight. He would have had his way with Bute who isn't in either's class. He wold have absolutely wrecked him on the inside and outboxed him from outside. Like I've said before Ward would have beaten Bute worse than PBF beat Gatti. Bute is the biggest hypejob of this era.
But your argueing that Ward would beat Bute because Ward beat Froch. Froch, Bute and Ward are completely different fighters, using their respective fights as evidence for any of them beating the other is not a great way of evaluation. Froch is tough, slow, plenty of heart, grit and awkward. Bute is artful, more thoughtful, quicker, more powerul, more accurate and more elusive and obviously a southpaw. Froch and Bute are worlds apart, if Ward dealt with Bute as well as he dealt with Froch i'd be even more impressed with him than i already am.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #62
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
No styles makes fights which is why its still no forgone conclusion that Ward would run over Bute, it really doesnt make it ok that the fight did not happen in the first place, when the fight was very much relevent and everyone wanted to see it. Ward proves himself by fighting Bute. Ward does not prove himself when Froch does the business in the ring because Ward wouldnt step upto the mark himself. It never distracts from my opinion anyway that Ward simply didnt want it and was lucky or unlucky depending on your views that Froch got there first. Its simply not ok that now Bute has lost that people just forget that a fight didnt happen, it was important and the fans got robbed.
I know it's not a foregone conclusion, I know that YOU think, just because froch demolished bute and ward dominated froch, it doesn't mean for certain that ward dominates bute. just because fighter A beats fighter B, and fighter B beats fighter C, it doesn't automatically insure that fighter A beats fighter C, blah, blah, blah, doesn't change the fact that I think ward would dominate bute.

you're clearly starting to come off as one who believes ward simply didn't want to fight bute, sort of like bailey, out of fear or something. like I said before, ward is a consummate professional, he wanted bute to prove himself against froch. bute did not. bute should re-establish himself as a legitimate threat or step aside.

the fans got robbed? please quit the theatrics
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #63
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Ward beating Bute would have meant little because who has Bute beat?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #64
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
I know it's not a foregone conclusion, I know that YOU think, just because froch demolished bute and ward dominated froch, it doesn't mean for certain that ward dominates bute. just because fighter A beats fighter B, and fighter B beats fighter C, it doesn't automatically insure that fighter A beats fighter C, blah, blah, blah, doesn't change the fact that I think ward would dominate bute.

you're clearly starting to come off as one who believes ward simply didn't want to fight bute, sort of like bailey, out of fear or something. like I said before, ward is a consummate professional, he wanted bute to prove himself against froch. bute did not. bute should re-establish himself as a legitimate threat or step aside.

Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #65
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

when is Froch going to Oakland?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #66
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post

The fans did get robbed, it was one of the most important fights that could be made and it didnt happen.

I honestly dont believe Ward wanted Bute but thats my opinion however i can also recognise that if Froch has surpassed Calzaghe then sure as **** Ward has. I honestly have no agenda and i believe Ward is a fantastic fighter but words cannot express how disapointed i was that the Bute fight did not come off when it mattered most. He is facing Dawson now which kind of softens the blow a little bit, how can i fear Ward when i consider myself a fan?
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #67
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Ward had a broken hand
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #68
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
The fans did get robbed, it was one of the most important fights that could be made and it didnt happen.

I honestly dont believe Ward wanted Bute but thats my opinion however i can also recognise that if Froch has surpassed Calzaghe then sure as **** Ward has. I honestly have no agenda and i believe Ward is a fantastic fighter but words cannot express how disapointed i was that the Bute fight did not come off when it mattered most. He is facing Dawson now which kind of softens the blow a little bit, how can i fear Ward when i consider myself a fan?
in hindsight, it's perfectly fine that it didn't happen, because bute was never the real deal in the first place. he took the acid test in carl froch, a guy ward dominated, and failed decisively, definitively, terrifically even, to pass.

also, you misunderstood me. I didn't mean that YOU feared ward. that would make zero sense. I meant that you think ward was afraid to fight bute, because why would a high profile fighter not face a high profile fighter? it's either because one of them is afraid, or one believes the other is not yet on his level and should prove himself, and you clearly do not buy into the latter, even though andre ward made it clear that his reasoning can be derived from the latter school of thought.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #69
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
He's not a top fighter at 168 is he?

Taking Bute's 0 is better than beating a champ moving down to fight you, it's not hard to grasp.
What does him being a champ at 168 has to do with him being a better match-up for Ward??? Dawson is by far the tougher matchup...Beating Bute would have been a good win no doubt but I just dont see how it would top beating Dawson given what Dawson has accomplished and what Dawson brings to the table...Almost anybody can get an ABC strap now a days.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #70
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
You have to remember that Bailey is a Joe Cal fan, not a boxing fan. Reading his posts is kind of like watching Fox News or listening to NPR, the bias is so thick you often overlook or can't see the facts.

That said, Bailey has done extensive research on the 168 pound division and has enlightened me on it. If you read between the bias, he has some gems.
Thats why I take that boy's opinion with a grain of salt.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #71
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Styles makes fights, not out of the question to suggest Bute would fair much better against Ward than he did against Froch.
IMO, I think Ward is all wrong for Bute...Bute inside fighting game is non existant...He has horrible head movement and very leaky defense.

As crazy it may sound...Ward would put on a clinic against Bute.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #72
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
IMO, I think Ward is all wrong for Bute...Bute inside fighting game is non existant...He has horrible head movement and very leaky defense.

As crazy it may sound...Ward would put on a clinic against Bute.
Nothing crazy about that. I think it would be a clinic as well.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #73
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Nothing crazy about that. I think it would be a clinic as well.
I was trying to be generous...Lol

Bute showed in his last fight that he's lacking an inside fight game...Ward will pin his ears back and be in Bute's face all night long...He will simply dominate Bute and frustrate...He may not KO him but I can see a wide UD for Ward.

Ward in your face style will too much for Bute.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #74
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

well in all fairness he's now fighting Dawson who even before Bute lost to Froch is a bigger threat and more accomplished /higher ranked fighter.

if he beats Dawson it'd do his legacy better than the Bute win would have.

I'm a big Bute fan and think he'd be competitive vs Ward losing a close decision as Ward doesn't have the power/killer instinct to make Bute crumble, but he would be in Bute's face all night making it hard for Bute to get a rhythm going to pick his punches.

those that are claiming Bute would be easy work for Ward are crazy!!! Guys bute destroyed with ease have won rounds vs Ward. Ward has given up rounds to far lesser fighters than Bute. Ward is the second most effective fighter in the game but he's not a guy that looks spectacular or wins in dominant fashion regularly.....doesn't mean he's not a far better fighter but no way does Ward not give up 3-5 rounds vs Bute

Last edited by Royal-T-Bag; 06-21-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #75
tobias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Ward is very slick, he must avoid Bute in order not to have problems. Froch couldn't do it but very, very strong chin if not the strongest.
tobias is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum