Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Orchard winning all rounds then in round 6 takes a big bodyshot and McCubbin throws in the towl stating he dont wanna see his fighter get hurt? well then pal, perhaps take up another farkn sport or take a few cement pills and harden the fck up.

Callum get rid of this guy he is to old and dont know wtf he is doing, u would have won the fight had he not thrown in the towl. The body shot was nothing, u would have recoverd had you been permitted to do so.

full article here..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
BEECHWORTH boxer Cal Orchard has gone agonisingly close to winning his eighth professional bout, with his trainer stopping his fight against Philip Maley with 26 seconds remaining.


The Victorian light heavyweight champion was leading Queensland veteran Maley on points last Friday night in Queensland when his trainer, John McCubbin, stopped the fight two minutes 34 seconds into the sixth and final round after Orchard was severely winded.

Maley, 29, was awarded the fight in a technical knockout decision, taking his professional win-loss-draw record to 5-3-1, with Orchard’s now at 7-3-0.
“I said to him, ‘Mate it wasn’t you that lost the fight, it was me’,” McCubbin said yesterday.
“I threw the towel in.

“Maley’s let go a big banger, it winded Cal and I just threw in the towel, it wasn’t worth going on.
“I’d rather lose the fight than have him hurt.”

Orchard had Maley hurt on several occasions in the first three rounds with his usual counter and move style, but the durable Sunshine Coast fighter counteracted with some heavy hitting.

“The bloke was a big puncher,” McCubbin said.
“He didn’t have any defence and was just lining Cal up.
“But it was a good fight.”

McCubbin said he may drop Orchard down a category from light heavyweight (up to 79.38kg) to super middleweight level (up to 76.2kg).
“He’s going to be away from the gym for a week and then we are going to try and pull his weight down,” he said.
“They (opponents) are coming in about 84 kilograms and he’s coming in at about 80 kilograms.
“At the end of the six rounds the other bloke has all the power.”
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

You're a ****ing idiot.

McCubbin is everything a trainer should be. He cares more for his fighters than for a W. And he's a great bloke.

I think he knows and has done a hell of a lot more than you, you ****ing gimp. How many pro fights have you had? How many titles have you won? How many champions have you trained? None. So **** off.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

So im jealouse that Callum didnt win? hows that one work you fckin idiot.

McCubbin shouldnt have thrown in the towl, he lost that fight for his fighter, 26 seconds to go and he stops it over a body shot because he is scared Callum will get hurt? then perhaps he should put Callum in a ballet concert instead? lol

Ive met McCubbin on a few occasions, offerd him sparring at PCYC gym against the boys i train, he never showed up and just plugs along in his bum fck gym out the middle of no where with very few fighters attending his gym.

Now it dont matter how many pro fights u have had, we got trainers who have loaded up gloves and do u think because they were former pros then they had the right intentions? Fact is McCubbin fcked up and he knows it. He will regret it for the rest of his life because he forced a loss on his boxers record with 26 seconds remaining in the fight.

You girls have a piss when a ref stops a fight to early yet when i point out what McCubbin has done im either wrong or jealouse? hahaha u need to come up with some new material honestly what u present atm is as weak as piss.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

What a frickin joke.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

McCubbin did the right thing. Had he not, Cal would've been licking the canvas 3 seconds later.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
So im jealouse that Callum didnt win? hows that one work you fckin idiot.

McCubbin shouldnt have thrown in the towl, he lost that fight for his fighter, 26 seconds to go and he stops it over a body shot because he is scared Callum will get hurt? then perhaps he should put Callum in a ballet concert instead? lol

Ive met McCubbin on a few occasions, offerd him sparring at PCYC gym against the boys i train, he never showed up and just plugs along in his bum fck gym out the middle of no where with very few fighters attending his gym.

Now it dont matter how many pro fights u have had, we got trainers who have loaded up gloves and do u think because they were former pros then they had the right intentions? Fact is McCubbin fcked up and he knows it. He will regret it for the rest of his life because he forced a loss on his boxers record with 26 seconds remaining in the fight.

You girls have a piss when a ref stops a fight to early yet when i point out what McCubbin has done im either wrong or jealouse? hahaha u need to come up with some new material honestly what u present atm is as weak as piss.
Are you a bit upset John didn't visit you? He likely sussed you out for the degenerate you are and made the right choice.

Why bag his gym in Beechworth? It's a small country town so he was never going to have 50 fighters attending the gym each night. John knew that when he moved from Melbourne. He easily had those numbers at Northside and it was a great atmosphere to train in.

What matters is he's fought pro and trained plenty of pros and made this decision based upon his experiences. You have none to draw upon. You haven't even seen the fight you're making comment on. ****ing imbecile.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

26 seconds to go Anton, the kid is young and fit, he couldnt suck it up for 26 seconds and keep away from a guy who does nothing but load up? Ill review the footage again but imo it was pre mature. McCubbin is to concern with the kid getting a scratch on his head than he is about him winning a fight.

Remember the days of Gatti, if McCubbin was in Gattis corner half of Gattis fights would have been stopped by throwing in the towl lol, u have to give a boxer some time, u cant throw in the towl the moment you see he is hurt. Had he been droped a second time then yes id agree but a body shot ? come on mate, how many trainers do you see throw in the towl because their fighter got tagged hard with a body shot?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Orchard like Sherrington (in his early days) is a bit soft in bread basket area, which is understandable 'cos in Ams head shots is the name of the game.
Cal has only had about 16 Am bouts, so he no doubt is learning as he goes.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
Are you a bit upset John didn't visit you? He likely sussed you out for the degenerate you are and made the right choice.

Why bag his gym in Beechworth? It's a small country town so he was never going to have 50 fighters attending the gym each night. John knew that when he moved from Melbourne. He easily had those numbers at Northside and it was a great atmosphere to train in.

What matters is he's fought pro and trained plenty of pros and made this decision based upon his experiences. You have none to draw upon. You haven't even seen the fight you're making comment on. ****ing imbecile.
ur argument is flawed, Cus Dmato didnt have any pro fights, from memory he may have had 2 amateur fights and lost them both but he didnt throw in the towl each time his fighter looked like he was getting hurt.

Having pro fights dont make you no expert. If it did then WTF are you speaking for? or anyone else for that matter. Why didnt Cus have pro fights and how was he able to train multiple world champs without this vast pro experiance you claim we all need to have an opnion.

Better tell everyone who bets on a fight that they should have a pro fight first hey so they know what they are talking about? lol u fcking idiot, we have been over this b4 are you that stupid to think that one must have pro fights to be a trainer or to have a valid opnion?

Id be pissed if my trainer threw in the towl over a body shot. Was McCubbin scare that Callum was going to have a hole punched through his chest? Suck it the fck up, move and cover up for 26 seconds and he would have won but his trainer didnt even give him that oppertunity.

We are all only human and we all make mistakes, can you fathom that McCubbin could have made a mistake? i belive he did and so does McCubbin today. He admits HE lost the fight for Callum because he was sht scared of his boy being hurt, its the same reason he pulled him down from 8 rounders to 6, now he wants to skin him like a rabbit and drop him down one division, Callum cant loose anymore weight, its a case of McCubbin is to old and way past the sport he was once involved with, its evolved and he is to old school. There is plenty of guys just like him, Reno Zurick for example, heaps of pro fights, lost more than he won and is not a good trainer at all, prob the worst one ive seen around town but u guys would call him a GOD because he had pro fights lol

Im not pissed he didnt come back to PCYC, he didnt have any boxers worth sparring the guys i was training , Callum is pretty much the only decent boxer he has and he wasnt training Callum at the time, he was at PCYC gym trying to poach fighters but they looked at him as an old karnt that dont know sht as not everyone carrys around a boxing history book with em, he didnt help out at all and just wanted a perve. Im not upset with that at all, i call a spade a spade.

McCubbin has had his day, Callum would be much better off with a more modern trainer, not some old relic who dont know sht anymore.

I guess u didnt read the article in which McCubbin stated this fight was a walk in the park, only to throw in the towl haha, some expert hey lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
Orchard like Sherrington (in his early days) is a bit soft in bread basket area, which is understandable 'cos in Ams head shots is the name of the game
All comes down to what he does in the gym, medicine ball work etc

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0hsG7MPq8Y&feature=related[/ame]

If he is soft in the stomach its due to lack of conditioning and thats his trainers responsibility, to ensure his fighter is in condition.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,025
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Firming bread basket area takes a fair bit of time. So for time being, I guess he should stay clear of known body punchers.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
All comes down to what he does in the gym, medicine ball work etc

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If he is soft in the stomach its due to lack of conditioning and thats his trainers responsibility, to ensure his fighter is in condition.
Oh the irony.

You should try taking some of your own advice.Who was training you for your debut in Thailand? You were in abysmal condition. You got dropped by a backpacker during a boxacise class.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #13
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Voice View Post
Firming bread basket area takes a fair bit of time
He has been training with McCubbin now for 3 yrs mate, how much more time does he need lol? The solar plex is the worst area, bread basket is no problems to condition if your doing medicine work every training session. Aka Marvin Haggler. Thought McCubbin was old school he should have had Callums bread basket in condition in no time.

Do u honestly feel that Callum could NOT have stood up and keept away from the guy for 20 seconds?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #14
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
Oh the irony.

You should try taking some of your own advice.Who was training you for your debut in Thailand? You were in abysmal condition. You got dropped by a backpacker during a boxacise class.
I was in great condition, anyone whos 70kg sparring a 7 foot heavyweight would have been dropped by that same bodyshot, especially when it wasnt supposed to be full contact sparring, the idiot got pissed he couldnt keep up with my speed and combos so he loaded up a cheap shot. And why would i spit chips and go nuts, ive got plenty experiance and people at the gym didnt look at him to fond for what he had done, he was the gym bully and tried to bully me, i just walked away because im a better man than that.

you dont go nuts in thailand infront of thais, its dissrespectful and shows weakness. i keept my cool and everyone thought the guy was a fckwit for what he did. You seem to be the only one proud of it, so much so that you wont even post the footage , just screenshots of my tities because what i say is 100% true, the guy pulled a cheap shot and looked like a wanker in doing so, meanwhile im all cool , calm and collect like a boxer should be.

and he was no backpacker, he had flogged a few people in the gym, ****** who he is standing next to in the pic had a black eye from sparring him. he tried to put it on everyone he sparred. Even someone half his size, takes courage to do that hey

u need some new material u just keep talking about the same sht yr after yr. We are talking about MCCubbin not me, but when i own you with your bullsht of Oh u not had pro fight so u not know sht, u just revert back to sht you rehash over and over again, sad karnt lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,321
vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
I was in great condition, anyone whos 70kg sparring a 7 foot heavyweight would have been dropped by that same bodyshot, especially when it wasnt supposed to be full contact sparring, the idiot got pissed he couldnt keep up with my speed and combos so he loaded up a cheap shot. And why would i spit chips and go nuts, ive got plenty experiance and people at the gym didnt look at him to fond for what he had done, he was the gym bully and tried to bully me, i just walked away because im a better man than that.

you dont go nuts in thailand infront of thais, its dissrespectful and shows weakness. i keept my cool and everyone thought the guy was a fckwit for what he did. You seem to be the only one proud of it, so much so that you wont even post the footage , just screenshots of my tities because what i say is 100% true, the guy pulled a cheap shot and looked like a wanker in doing so, meanwhile im all cool , calm and collect like a boxer should be.

and he was no backpacker, he had flogged a few people in the gym, ****** who he is standing next to in the pic had a black eye from sparring him. he tried to put it on everyone he sparred. Even someone half his size, takes courage to do that hey

u need some new material u just keep talking about the same sht yr after yr. We are talking about MCCubbin not me, but when i own you with your bullsht of Oh u not had pro fight so u not know sht, u just revert back to sht you rehash over and over again, sad karnt lol
Gold. Thanks for the laugh.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013