Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #31
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: McCubbin throws in the towl over a body shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
Well I don'y give a **** about the ins and outs of this fight ,,, What i do know is I know John , and has a fighter he was a good en , he gave his all and had a will to win ,, has a trainer he's a good en, and if he still likes to win , but even more importantly him and his boxer have a good bond and straight away i know he would'nt throw a towel in, unless he knew his fighter was ****ed , ESPECIELLY at the end of the final round , he like me , would'nt need a stop watch to know the end of the round is near , and whats more he would'nt throw the towel in unless HE THOUGHT NECCESSARY .

jOHN WAS LOOKING AFTER HIS BOXER , i WAS'NT THERE , I HAVE NOT SEEN THE FIGHT , i DON'T NEED TOO , i know John , and he thinks more about his boxer than a win on the board .

Good on ya John . the kid is a tough one and if John thought it neccesary IT WAS.

Spot on Trumpy.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #32
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well I don'y give a **** about the ins and outs of this fight ,,, What i do know is I know John , and has a fighter he was a good en , he gave his all and had a will to win ,, has a trainer he's a good en, and if he still likes to win , but even more importantly him and his boxer have a good bond and straight away i know he would'nt throw a towel in, unless he knew his fighter was ****ed , ESPECIELLY at the end of the final round , he like me , would'nt need a stop watch to know the end of the round is near , and whats more he would'nt throw the towel in unless HE THOUGHT NECCESSARY .

jOHN WAS LOOKING AFTER HIS BOXER , i WAS'NT THERE , I HAVE NOT SEEN THE FIGHT , i DON'T NEED TOO , i know John , and he thinks more about his boxer than a win on the board .

Good on ya John . the kid is a tough one and if John thought it neccesary IT WAS.
I'm with you 100%. Cal, when floored, jumps up straight away albeit hurt. John has to drum into him to stay there & take advantage of 8 count.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #33
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

Someone who knows what they are talking about
Old 06-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #34
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

well said
bluey is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #35
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
I don't get it?

What did I say that is wrong, how can you protect your fighter when they were down from a body shot? I've never heard of that before in any fight. I haven't seen the fight so if whoever it was taking heavy shots to the head then fair enough but a body punch should never ever be the catalyst for stopping a fight to protect the guy, that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #36
DownUnderBoxing
Boxing Video Production
ESB Jr Member

Wasn't there, Haven't scene the fight but no one knows the boxer better than his trainer.....good call....safety first....after all what is more important? An L against your name or your health...this thread is ridiculous
DownUnderBoxing is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #37
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderBoxing View Post
Wasn't there, Haven't scene the fight but no one knows the boxer better than his trainer.....good call....safety first....after all what is more important? An L against your name or your health...this thread is ridiculous
More commonsense
Old 06-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #38
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

dealt-with, if the body punch is a beauty the fighter cant protect his head, the trainer knows his fighter(or should) better than anyone else & if he thinks his boy cant protect himself ,time to stop it no matter how much time is left
bluey is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #39
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluey View Post
dealt-with, if the body punch is a beauty the fighter cant protect his head, the trainer knows his fighter(or should) better than anyone else & if he thinks his boy cant protect himself ,time to stop it no matter how much time is left
Good summary

/ thread.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #40
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Of course a body shot can be devastating but it's not going to cause any permanent damage, if the guy was up before 10 and ready to go and his trainer threw the towel in because he didn't want his fighter to get hurt then the trainer is a ****ing idiot. Especially with his guy up with only 26 seconds left. You're not getting brain damage from a body punch ffs.
Spot on
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #41
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Pumper, dont you get sick and tired of trolling google images because your not inteligent enough to drum up a conversation? pull head from ass and have a go, ur photo posting is nothing more than spam , waste of bandwidth and a waste of time, you contribuite nothing to these forums but garbage.

Not everyone thinks the same as you, its good to see someone else isnt looking through rose color glasses and can see it for what it is, a body shot cant kill you, it cant give you brain damage, why did McCubbin stop the fight oh thats right cause he dont want his boy to have a pain in his belly. Take some cement pills and harden the fck up this is boxing not ballet, i rekon this is your que to search google for another photo to yet again demonstrate your lack of inteligence and inablility to debate a topic.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #42
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelky View Post
What was the opponents name again?

Who was the bloke who drove down to the venue...to give said combatant a lift to the fights, and pick up a puppy?

Said combatant definitely asked a lot of questions about drug testing after that fight!
It was 4 foot tall Hurrican Hank haha

Peds must be the flavour of the month hey, making false accusations comming from a guy who claims to have been involved in a drive by shooting GOLD!

Ah well atleast your STREET credible hey zelky
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #43
zelky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Something got under the skin of the combatant that was stoned for an am fight that he quit in on his feet after a body shot.

I'd love to hear Russell Mills' opinion.

I can upload the fight and embed it into a thread here...we can hear everyone's opinions?

Truth hurts huh.

Last edited by zelky; 06-24-2012 at 05:03 AM.
zelky is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:42 AM   #44
The Spider

vCash:

The trainer acted in what he considered to be the best interests of his fighter. That's what he's in the fighters corner for. Can't believe this one is still being debated.

Flogging a dead horse boys. Move on
Old 06-24-2012, 03:08 AM   #45
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
The trainer acted in what he considered to be the best interests of his fighter. That's what he's in the fighters corner for. Can't believe this one is still being debated.

Flogging a dead horse boys. Move on
I agree 100%. Cal is a young man with heaps of intestinal fortitude learning as he goes & needs to be looked after.

Last edited by Da Voice; 06-24-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Da Voice is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum