Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #16
Blackness
Danny Garcia Beat You...
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Broken jaw doesn't warrant quitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Yeah because having a broken jaw equates to it being a job where you can take breaks whenever you want, probably to stop and have a cigarette

Bro, I am not sure if you heard yet... But Oscar retired and he is most likely not going to be comin back.
Blackness is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #17
Chex31
AttackingLikeASlickApache
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackness View Post
Did Lopez have PLASTER wraps and was Lopez high on Ephedra?

Victor is boxing bitch right now. Right behind Arce.
Dude was on PCP.

Lopez ain't no quitter though, true Mexican warrior.

Mexican Paul Williams baby!
Chex31 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
highway robbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexb View Post
HAHA, you fukin retards are amazing. Have you ever had a broken jaw? Do you have any idea how uncomfortable that is? Not to mention when someone is still hitting it? LOL People get rushed to hospitals with broken jaws, but a boxer is a quitter if he doesn't want to keep fighting with one. LOL
Yup. He is a quitter. This is the second time he quit.

There have been other fighters who have continued on with a broken jaw. Ortiz didnt. He quit.

He is not cut from the same cloth as other great fighters who will fight to the bitter end. Those fighters deserve our respect.

Ortiz needs to find another line of work that allows you to quit when the going gets hard.
highway robbery is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #19
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
I knew someone would finally get up and say it.

Nice one.

They're a predictable lot, the Floyd defense brigade. All one has to look at what most Floyd fanatics said about Cotto after Pac, then before Floyd.

"He's BETTER now!!!"

I take very few Floyd fanboys here serious.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #20
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

his career is over. quit once and get forgiven, quit twice and purposely foul big twice and you're a mental midget. what dirty prick, no heart whatsoever either, my little sister has more resolve. it's a shame cause he has great physcial gifts and natural talent but all the talent in the world is useless if deep down you're a ***** that quits when the going gets rough. Skill is great but you need a bit of will to go with it otherwise inferior skill with greater will always wins!!!!! somethings you just can't teach and warrior heart is something ortiz does not have in him
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #21
blacktopbully
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal561 View Post
Excellent post. Which is why i get pissed when Cotto gets the pass for quiting and for openly saying that his "family comes first". Are you kidding me?? Do you think you are the only one with a family??

Fighting until the bitter end is their job. That is why i am not a boxer. I do not need to do that. I am a fan for a reason. It is what seperates me, and them.
are you serious? the guy got beat into a corner by a man with an illegal weapon in the ring

the man was busted with it and hasn't done shit since getting busted

cotto was in there with a man who was armed

don't hate flomo just suck it up and admit your man fought a total ***** in ortiz for an easy pay day

if timmy bradley beat pac then cotto beat floyd

116-114 cotto
blacktopbully is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:18 AM   #22
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

To be fair, Ali admitted in the Champions Forever documentary that he would've quit against Norton if he knew his jaw was broken.

Ortiz is definitely a weirdo headcase though. Not the toughest of fighters.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #23
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
his career is over. quit once and get forgiven, quit twice and purposely foul big twice and you're a mental midget. what dirty prick, no heart whatsoever either, my little sister has more resolve. it's a shame cause he has great physcial gifts and natural talent but all the talent in the world is useless if deep down you're a ***** that quits when the going gets rough. Skill is great but you need a bit of will to go with it otherwise inferior skill with greater will always wins!!!!! somethings you just can't teach and warrior heart is something ortiz does not have in him
no its not he has plenty of fight he can make
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #24
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
They're a predictable lot, the Floyd defense brigade. All one has to look at what most Floyd fanatics said about Cotto after Pac, then before Floyd.

"He's BETTER now!!!"

I take very few Floyd fanboys here serious.
Since when is Flexb a Floyd Mayweather fan?

Go see slugger's thread. We're all having a laugh.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #25
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
HAHA, you fukin retards are amazing. Have you ever had a broken jaw? Do you have any idea how uncomfortable that is? Not to mention when someone is still hitting it? LOL People get rushed to hospitals with broken jaws, but a boxer is a quitter if he doesn't want to keep fighting with one. LOL
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
yogster740
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 263

Quote:
Yup broken jaw ain't no joke, I know the feeling, however Ortiz lacks the Mexican heart, that is his downfall.
yogster740 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #27
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex31 View Post
I guess I can just quit and go home on Monday when it's hot outside, don't wanna get a heatstroke now.

Not like I would be fired.
Actually, if you do get injured or sick at work, you do quit for the day, go home and get better, than come back to work. Ala Victor.

Fuk fighting with a broke jaw, you gotta be kidding me.
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #28
mbandit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Actually, if you do get injured or sick at work, you do quit for the day, go home and get better, than come back to work. Ala Victor.

Fuk fighting with a broke jaw, you gotta be kidding me.
You owned him!!! Why would anyone continue working after getting injured at work e.g. broken hand? Only an idiot would go through that where as a smart man would not risk further injury not the mention the pain of working while injured.
mbandit is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Yea I know I think a lot of people don't know how hard and painful it is, Some here may Amateur box or maybe even a couple pros but I doubt too many have even been in the ring or better yet in with a determined warrior with a good chin and a lot of heart + power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex31 View Post
"None of us are professional boxers (well, some of us may be in disguise), and it's not our JOB to get hit in the face and hit others in the face for a living. It is however Victor Ortiz's job, and he gets paid millions of dollars to do it.

How cool would it be if you could just quit your job whenever you felt it was too demanding and you'd still get paid for it, and still be employed the following day and allowed to earn paychecks again? Because that's what Victor Ortiz does : He's paid millions of dollars to get in the ring and fight, and every time it gets too rough for his liking he throws his arms in the air, says "f*ck it", quits, collects his paycheck, and goes home until he gets another fight lined up."

-A post from the scene
Excellent point there!
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #30
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Not surprised Floyd fanboys coming to Ortiz defense. Shameless lot you are. ANYTHING to protect Floyd's opp.

This wouldn't be the first time a fighter fought through a broken jaw. Won't be the last.
This had nothing to do with Floyd you retard.

Try talking about the topic at hand.
SJS19 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum