Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #31
kimonerz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1145
Default Re: Broken jaw doesn't warrant quitting?

seriously..... its a broken jaw.... ANd your going 3 more rounds
kimonerz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #32
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quitting is quitting in boxing. It could be warranted or not. But a fighter who quits no matter what the reason will always be labeled a quitter. Doesn't help Ortiz that he already had that label beforehand.
caneman is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #33
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneman View Post
Quitting is quitting in boxing. It could be warranted or not. But a fighter who quits no matter what the reason will always be labeled a quitter. Doesn't help Ortiz that he already had that label beforehand.
Yes, and that's the reason everyone is goin nuts over it. But a broke jaw is a legit reason to end a fight. Ortiz has had shit luck
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #34
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Not surprised Floyd fanboys coming to Ortiz defense. Shameless lot you are. ANYTHING to protect Floyd's opp.

This wouldn't be the first time a fighter fought through a broken jaw. Won't be the last.
You are either officially the worst troll alive or so mentally deluded, you have completely lost your mind. Im not gonna say i feel sorry for you cause pity doesnt do shit for anyone. Hope ur alright though man because u have definitely lost it....
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
Badlok
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2350

Here what Jo Jo dan wrote onhis facebook and yes he can give shit to Ortiz because he fought Aydin with a broken jaw for 8 rounds :

Great fight on HBO....Victor Ortiz quit while ahead on all scorecards with a broken jaw in the 9th round!....some guys have no balls yet they call themselves great fighters and they get dates on HBO and Showtime!...what a shame!....too bad my 2 wars with Aydin where not seen in North American TV!

Herman Ngoudjo fought 2 times with a broken jaw.

I don't say Ortiz his a fag but those guy are defintly warriors
Badlok is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #36
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How many of you would have really liked to see Victor go into the 10th, mouth drooped down, unable to close while spewing out blood? I want to know who would WANT to see that. Not me. Nothing against yall but no thanks
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #37
cpnasty
Fight Fan 83
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex31 View Post
"None of us are professional boxers (well, some of us may be in disguise), and it's not our JOB to get hit in the face and hit others in the face for a living. It is however Victor Ortiz's job, and he gets paid millions of dollars to do it.

How cool would it be if you could just quit your job whenever you felt it was too demanding and you'd still get paid for it, and still be employed the following day and allowed to earn paychecks again? Because that's what Victor Ortiz does : He's paid millions of dollars to get in the ring and fight, and every time it gets too rough for his liking he throws his arms in the air, says "f*ck it", quits, collects his paycheck, and goes home until he gets another fight lined up."

-A post from the scene
Its not like he quit the sport of boxing. He had to stop a fight because of an injury. I get paid if I get injured on the job.
cpnasty is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #38
cpnasty
Fight Fan 83
ESB Addict

Could the kid bite down on the mouthpiece?
cpnasty is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #39
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex31 View Post
"None of us are professional boxers (well, some of us may be in disguise), and it's not our JOB to get hit in the face and hit others in the face for a living. It is however Victor Ortiz's job, and he gets paid millions of dollars to do it.

How cool would it be if you could just quit your job whenever you felt it was too demanding and you'd still get paid for it, and still be employed the following day and allowed to earn paychecks again? Because that's what Victor Ortiz does : He's paid millions of dollars to get in the ring and fight, and every time it gets too rough for his liking he throws his arms in the air, says "f*ck it", quits, collects his paycheck, and goes home until he gets another fight lined up."

-A post from the scene
My only issue with this is that it was still a good fight. I was glad that I tuned in and I enjoyed the controversy. I think that it's fair to call him a quitter, because this isn't the first time that he just stopped when the going got tough, but I'll still tune in again to watch his next fight.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #40
Detroit
Get Money
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Not surprised Floyd fanboys coming to Ortiz defense. Shameless lot you are. ANYTHING to protect Floyd's opp.

This wouldn't be the first time a fighter fought through a broken jaw. Won't be the last.
WTF.....Lance you been on Floyd's nuts since i got here in 07
Detroit is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #41
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnasty View Post
Could the kid bite down on the mouthpiece?
It didnt look like he could bro. Also did you see how much blood and how thick it was coming out his mouth? That was some sick shit right there....
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #42
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Boxing is a brutal sport as you can see. Fans and everybody are quick to call fighters quitters, not worthy, shot, and million other things. I give fighters and anyone props for stepping in the ring no matter what the outcome is. Hate him or love him Ortiz always seems to make things interesting everytime he fights and I will continue to watch his future fights. I was kind of surprise that Ortiz was fighting with his mouth wide open throughout the entire fight and his corner never said anything. He paid the price for that.
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #43
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_truth View Post
Boxing is a brutal sport as you can see. Fans and everybody are quick to call fighters quitters, not worthy, shot, and million other things. I give fighters and anyone props for stepping in the ring no matter what the outcome is. Hate him or love him Ortiz always seems to make things interesting everytime he fights and I will continue to watch his future fights. I was kind of surprise that Ortiz was fighting with his mouth wide open throughout the entire fight and his corner never said anything. He paid the price for that.
Good post bro
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #44
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

If it were any other fighter, people might see it differently. But the facts are that Ortiz was bucking in the clinch like a frustrated animal, intentionally fouled Lopez behind the head, and then was complicit with a stoppage to preserve his body. Ortiz can take a good amount of shots, he fought a good fight all bullshit aside, but if he can't hurt you bad, he starts to feel it's simply not worth it. Broken jaw or not, Ortiz failed to give 100% of himself in the ring. I don't hold it against him as a man, but you have to hold it against him as a fighter trying to grasp at some form of greatness.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
But people are failing to realize that regardless if Ortiz "gutted out" the fight with it broken, the Canelo fight was off the table due to injury anyways right?

Armchair warriors let me tell ya.
So that's a good enough reason to quit a fight you're currently in? Great fighters win under those circumstances.
PBFred is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum