Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: BIGGER QUIT JOB. Vitali or Victor Ortiz
Vitali Quitting against Byrd was bigger quit job. 40 55.56%
They are both big quit jobs with no heart. 9 12.50%
I am 100% fine with Ortiz quitting with a broken jaw. Totally different from Vitali fight 15 20.83%
I am cool with Vitali quitting AND Ortiz quitting. Both will never be ATGS anyways. SO WHO CARES 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #16
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errsta View Post
Neither gets knocked for having a sense of self preservation.

Ortiz isn't ATG. Vitali, arguably, is.
What self preservation?

Quote from Larry Merchant

ATG OG TRIPLE O G


'Vitali is a coward, he could have just stood there for 2 rounds and won the fight'

'Vitali have a PHD in the school of sports science, maybe he should get a PHD

IN THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS'


'Vitali was one of the contenders in line for Lewis (2000 version)
I guess this throw that out the window'


'I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, I DON'T, I AM BEFUDDLED'
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #17
BoxingInsider
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dirty South the ATL Georgia baby
Posts: 343
vCash: 1666
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
I know Victor's fight is fresh on our minds, so before voting I want you all to understand and remember.


Reasons that Vitali is the bigger quit job.
1- Vitali was AHEAD BIG TIME, HE WON EVERY ROUND when he decided the slickness of Chris 'MiddleWeight' Byrd was too much too handle.

Victor was in a close war that could have gone either way.

2- LOPEZ KNEW Victor's jaw is ****ed and will be targeting that 100% and attempting to hurt and injure him for life.

THERE WAS NO WAY BYRD knew that Vitali was hurt. Vitali is like 7 feet tall or some shit, all he had to do was hang out and hug and clinch for 2 rounds.

There is a huge physical difference between Byrd and Vitali compare to Victor and Lopez. Vitali could have ended the fight, just clinching like the robot that he is.


3- That shoulder injury is deceptive, who the hell knows what happened? Victor's jaw was bleeding and he looked like he was dying of pain. Vitali seem fine, and honestly it is highly suspicious why he quit the way he did.

Rumors had it that if he had beaten Byrd, Lennox Lewis (PRIME LENNOX LEWIS) would have given him a fight, and he was too worried that Lennox was not shot enough at the time. (ironically when he did fight a shot Lewis he still got tko6ed)



4- Shoulder injuries are a direct result of Peds..



Now reasons Victor is a bigger quit job.

Pure and simple. Money.

He gave up millions and millions of dollars against Canelo because he can't stand 2 more rounds of pain. The end.

3 MORE ROUNDS...

The 10th, 11th & 12th!!!
BoxingInsider is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #18
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingInsider View Post
3 MORE ROUNDS...

The 10th, 11th & 12th!!!
oh ya
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

interesting votes so far
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary.Alberta.Canada
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 2217
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
I know Victor's fight is fresh on our minds, so before voting I want you all to understand and remember.


Reasons that Vitali is the bigger quit job.
1- Vitali was AHEAD BIG TIME, HE WON EVERY ROUND when he decided the slickness of Chris 'MiddleWeight' Byrd was too much too handle.

Victor was in a close war that could have gone either way.

2- LOPEZ KNEW Victor's jaw is ****ed and will be targeting that 100% and attempting to hurt and injure him for life.

THERE WAS NO WAY BYRD knew that Vitali was hurt. Vitali is like 7 feet tall or some shit, all he had to do was hang out and hug and clinch for 2 rounds.

There is a huge physical difference between Byrd and Vitali compare to Victor and Lopez. Vitali could have ended the fight, just clinching like the robot that he is.


3- That shoulder injury is deceptive, who the hell knows what happened? Victor's jaw was bleeding and he looked like he was dying of pain. Vitali seem fine, and honestly it is highly suspicious why he quit the way he did.

Rumors had it that if he had beaten Byrd, Lennox Lewis (PRIME LENNOX LEWIS) would have given him a fight, and he was too worried that Lennox was not shot enough at the time. (ironically when he did fight a shot Lewis he still got tko6ed)



4- Shoulder injuries are a direct result of Peds..



Now reasons Victor is a bigger quit job.

Pure and simple. Money.

He gave up millions and millions of dollars against Canelo because he can't stand 2 more rounds of pain. The end.
Laughing at YOU!
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #21
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Vitali tried to win with that injury he fought with it for a few Rounds, Victor quit as soon as it came about, did not even believe in himself or his corner enough to at least try to see what adjustments they can make and win another way.
instead Victor told his corner stop the fight, just as Garcia was calming him down or trying to, Victor stood up and asked the ref to stop the fight saying his jaw was broken, Vic sits down then stands up again looking at Reis, are you gonna stop it? Reis waves the fight off and Victor says "Thank you"
The proof is in the previous round he wanted out, Garcia asked him if he was okay and suddenly we started to see Vic and Danny whispering to each other.

He wanted out Vitali tried Big difference
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,313
vCash: 816
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

They were both surprising. I think I was more shocked when Vitali did though. He was dominating that fight
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #23
Quebec
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 138
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Biggest quit job is when your mom decided not to go through with the abortion.
Quebec is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Biggest quit job...I'd have to say getting Floyd to face PAC.

Floyd: PAC could cripple me and make me walk all bent over. No money is worth my health. I'm a coward. Why do you want to watch a coward.
prelude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #25
ThereIsOnlyOne
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 637
vCash: 100
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Serious question. Do you really believe a fighter with a perfect record would throw a fight just to avoid a 'potential' upcoming fight? Comments like that make you look daft bra
ThereIsOnlyOne is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #26
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,643
vCash: 488
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errsta View Post
Neither gets knocked for having a sense of self preservation.

Ortiz isn't ATG. Vitali, arguably, is.
Please make that argument because i'm interested in reading it.
Arcane is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #27
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFan2010 View Post
Laughing at YOU!

You're mad as ****.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereIsOnlyOne View Post
Serious question. Do you really believe a fighter with a perfect record would throw a fight just to avoid a 'potential' upcoming fight? Comments like that make you look daft bra

Ya, ya I do. The fear of Lewis was evident. Vitali had 30 ****ing fights and various belts in 2000. HE WAS NOT GREEN. He was ready for Lewis in 2000. He waited four more ****ing years for Lennox to degenerate. Then he try to hurt an old old old fat man who's already semi retired. So Yes I do.

Also the old fat lion tko6ed him.


I'm a huge fan of Vitali's he is my favorite boxer, so I am very non bias. But the truth is the truth.

I HAVE NO ISSUES ADMITTING that my hero was a coward during the early 2000's. My hero vitali has over come his coward ****ing blood and became a decent top 40 ATG HW.
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
ThereIsOnlyOne
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 637
vCash: 100
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
Ya, ya I do. The fear of Lewis was evident. Vitali had 30 ****ing fights and various belts in 2000. HE WAS NOT GREEN. He was ready for Lewis in 2000. He waited four more ****ing years for Lennox to degenerate. Then he try to hurt an old old old fat man who's already semi retired. So Yes I do.

Also the old fat lion tko6ed him.


I'm a huge fan of Vitali's he is my favorite boxer, so I am very non bias. But the truth is the truth.

I HAVE NO ISSUES ADMITTING that my hero was a coward during the early 2000's. My hero vitali has over come his coward ****ing blood and became a decent top 40 ATG HW.
Wow, well theres not much I can say here.. wow
ThereIsOnlyOne is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #30
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,356
vCash: 75
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
Ya, ya I do. The fear of Lewis was evident. Vitali had 30 ****ing fights and various belts in 2000. HE WAS NOT GREEN. He was ready for Lewis in 2000. He waited four more ****ing years for Lennox to degenerate. Then he try to hurt an old old old fat man who's already semi retired. So Yes I do.

Also the old fat lion tko6ed him.


I'm a huge fan of Vitali's he is my favorite boxer, so I am very non bias. But the truth is the truth.

I HAVE NO ISSUES ADMITTING that my hero was a coward during the early 2000's. My hero vitali has over come his coward ****ing blood and became a decent top 40 ATG HW.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013