Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: BIGGER QUIT JOB. Vitali or Victor Ortiz
Vitali Quitting against Byrd was bigger quit job. 40 55.56%
They are both big quit jobs with no heart. 9 12.50%
I am 100% fine with Ortiz quitting with a broken jaw. Totally different from Vitali fight 15 20.83%
I am cool with Vitali quitting AND Ortiz quitting. Both will never be ATGS anyways. SO WHO CARES 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #31
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4021
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

As you already pointed out, Vitali wasn't winning every round.. Byrd was competitive in the 2nd half of the fight.. I haven't watched the fight in a long time, but i think that Vitali thought that the fight was closer than what the judges had and he still had 3 rounds to go.

To sum it up he still had to complete 3 more rounds in a fight that had become very competitive, with one arm and a hurting shoulder. As far as i know the injury was pretty bad when Vitali decided to quit, it could have been much worse after 3 more rounds. When did the injury happen? For how many rounds did Vitali try to fight with the bad shoulder?
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #32
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4021
Default Re: bigger Quit job? Ortiz's Broken Jaw or Vitali's Hurt Shoulder. I break it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTrinidad View Post
Ya, ya I do. The fear of Lewis was evident. Vitali had 30 ****ing fights and various belts in 2000. HE WAS NOT GREEN. He was ready for Lewis in 2000. He waited four more ****ing years for Lennox to degenerate. Then he try to hurt an old old old fat man who's already semi retired. So Yes I do.

Also the old fat lion tko6ed him.

I'm a huge fan of Vitali's he is my favorite boxer, so I am very non bias. But the truth is the truth.

I HAVE NO ISSUES ADMITTING that my hero was a coward during the early 2000's. My hero vitali has over come his coward ****ing blood and became a decent top 40 ATG HW.
Try to call Vitali a coward H2H.. And try to convince a boxing expert that Vitali isn't atleast a top 25 hw..
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #33
Jingo
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Stupid troll poll options.

Ortiz prob decided he wouldn't win the fight so wasn't worth the pain.

Vitali probably decided carrying on with a shoulder injury might cause perma damage ans end his career.

I'd say Ortiz was the worst, but have no issue with either quiting, other than missing a chance to achieve hero status by carrying on.
Jingo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #34
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

A boxer can choose to fight without using a bad shoulder. Assuming he outclasses his opponent, and i way ahead on the cards, this can make sense.

A fighter CANNOT choose to keep fighting & not get hit in the face.

Ortiz did the smart thing. Abraham was an idiot.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #35
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

both are legit quit injuries, you are brave and a little stupid to fight with these injuries.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #36
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
Stupid troll poll options.

Ortiz prob decided he wouldn't win the fight so wasn't worth the pain.

Vitali probably decided carrying on with a shoulder injury might cause perma damage ans end his career.

I'd say Ortiz was the worst, but have no issue with either quiting, other than missing a chance to achieve hero status by carrying on.
Nobody cares if Vitali ends his career

he quit

deal with it
FelixTrinidad is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member

Just based on these 2 fights. Vitali was the more disgraceful quitter. The only way Ortiz can equal the Vitali/Byrd quit job is by quitting on his stool against a blown up bantamweight who like Byrd, couldn't KO a housefly.

But Ortiz has a history of this sort of thing, so he most definitely has the glassier heart of the two.
Player3 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #38
rapscalion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Definitely Vitali. He was dominating the fight and was close enough to the end of the fight that he could have fought with one arm and still won. Ortiz was winning but not anywhere near as big of a margin as Vitali would, and the fight was good enough that some judges could of had it for Lopez, and Ortiz injury is going to affect him every time he got hit. Vitali was definitely worse on this one. I can;t wait to see how the Klitschko fan boys spin this one!
rapscalion is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #39
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

no way should you be trying to lift a torn rotator cuff under duress, it can ruin it for future use.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #40
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
no way should you be trying to lift a torn rotator cuff under duress, it can ruin it for future use.
I agree. So you agree with both of them quitting then?

I do. People have different pain tresholds. I respect that
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #41
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
Mayweather and a shot to shit Holyfield (against Byrd mind you) went the distance against their opponents with rotator cuff injuries, along with several others throughout boxing history. So why couldn't Vitali?
Player3 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #42
FelixTrinidad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player3 View Post
Mayweather and a shot to shit Holyfield (against Byrd mind you) went the distance against their opponents with rotator cuff injuries, along with several others throughout boxing history. So why couldn't Vitali?

Good point as well. Also I think Vitali only need 2 more rounds? To win the fight and it's not like it was during the Ortiz fight. Vitali's sheer physical advantage could have saved him from that much pain
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #43
LoRd_inFamousX1
Lord of the Square Rings
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Vitali Quitting against Byrd was bigger quit job.
LoRd_inFamousX1 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #44
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

taking keyboard warrior to a whole new level for **** sake..take a look at yourself in the mirror you sad cunt...
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #45
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
taking keyboard warrior to a whole new level for **** sake..take a look at yourself in the mirror you sad cunt...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Player3 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum