Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
Just to add, if it wasn't for the long hair, Maynard would've probably subbed him.

I think he has the long hair just for that reason.

He should be forced to cut it.
Maynards camp got him to put his hair up for that fight. Like you say though he should be made to cut it.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
I starteda thread about guida right after the fight the other night, I was so mad watching it I was screaming for Maynard to ko out. I'm glad Dana ripped him and his team for that preformance and glad mirgliotta warned him for his running. Grag Jackson was likely the brains behind that idea, I'm glad he lost because that would give guys ideas about this "running style" and everybody try doing it. Jackson seen it work with condit against diaz(although not really running) so he decided to take it up a notch with guida.
It's ironic that Greg gave him the boring running style. Because before that, all he did was lay on people that were half decent.

I dunno what was worse, this shit, or him trying to get Nate Diaz's leg pregnant.
afterglow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #18
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Maynards camp got him to put his hair up for that fight. Like you say though he should be made to cut it.
I still believed it had a hand in him getting out of it, since it was still on the back of his neck.

It seems boring fighters are always the ones that try everything to get the extra advantage. I.E. Hopkins.
afterglow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
It's ironic that Greg gave him the boring running style. Because before that, all he did was lay on people that were half decent.

I dunno what was worse, this shit, or him trying to get Nate Diaz's leg pregnant.
The worst was the Danzig fight, he simply went for TD after TD after TD. and when he did get him down simply pinned him down and hardly even tried to punch he put his head on his chest and wrapped both arms around him holding him.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #20
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
The worst was the Danzig fight, he simply went for TD after TD after TD. and when he did get him down simply pinned him down and hardly even tried to punch he put his head on his chest and wrapped both arms around him holding him.
That is one of those fights I almost erased from my memory.

There is no need for someone to hold down a can like vegan boy.

Even Guida can finish a guy like that if he tries.
afterglow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 157
Default Re: Clay Guida

I don't see how anyone thought Guida won. All he did was dance around all night. It was Condit vs Diaz all over again.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
I don't see how anyone thought Guida won. All he did was dance around all night. It was Condit vs Diaz all over again.
The Two Dopes that called the fight felt it was too close to call. They where just as bad as Clay.
Big T is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #23
2ironmt
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
was pretty cool how he powered out of that hold tho......
2ironmt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Clay Guida

I enjoyed Benderson-Guida. Thought that was a good fight. Never been impressed with any of his other performances though.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #25
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Clay Guida

His fight with Benson was great.
His fight with Griffin was great.
His fight with Sanchez was great.
His fight with Huerta was great.

His fights are basically when he loses a decision. Interestingly, in 16 UFC fights, he has racked up 6 FOTN bonuses, and two SOTN bonuses. I have a hard time calling him a boring fighter, cause you never know if one of his fights is going to be a war. I quite liked the Dos Anjos fight, as well, and his win over Gomi was pretty good. His loss to Din Thomas earned a FOTN, but I don't know if I have ever seen that.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
His fight with Benson was great.
His fight with Griffin was great.
His fight with Sanchez was great.
His fight with Huerta was great.

His fights are basically when he loses a decision. Interestingly, in 16 UFC fights, he has racked up 6 FOTN bonuses, and two SOTN bonuses. I have a hard time calling him a boring fighter, cause you never know if one of his fights is going to be a war. I quite liked the Dos Anjos fight, as well, and his win over Gomi was pretty good. His loss to Din Thomas earned a FOTN, but I don't know if I have ever seen that.
Forgot about that one. That was a good fight.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #27
Jovanie
Boxing rookie
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 186
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clay Guida

are you guys crazy? Guida is a great fighter... he has alot of cardio is like a mad man. I haven't seen soo much energy before... he just keeps comming... his technic is very difficult to handle...


this is something I would have said the first or second fight.... but damn, the same "technic" gets boring after awhile
Jovanie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #28
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clay Guida

Guida is exciting as hell but it is clear that with success he has changed his style. Undoubtedly this is to do with Greg Jackson who loves the path of least resistance.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 AM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Clay Guida

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Guida is exciting as hell but it is clear that with success he has changed his style. Undoubtedly this is to do with Greg Jackson who loves the path of least resistance.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: Clay Guida

I'm a serious fan of both men, but I think Clay Guida blew this opportunity.

Gray never had him figured out in that fight. It seemed like Guida was gassed out in the final.. The 4th round was competitive, but the gameplan should have been clinch and changed levels by that point.

Close fight.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013