Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960
Default Re: "Victor has no heart" - Josesito Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglemon View Post
If it was the first time he was in tough position if forgive him like i forgave him for quitting vs maidana, but then the mayweather incident, he should have fought on to save his name and pride but decided he did not care, he is not a fighter, can you imagine margarito quitting like that? Ortiz is more flighty than fighty.
Like i was saying, call the other fighters who chose to continue with such serious injuries whatever youd like, 'a warrior.' But still no reason to call Victor a quitter for his decision. Maybe say hes not a warrior? But a quitter is going too far i think. Thats just how i feel personally
Genaro G is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Some of you are missing the point. Ortiz had quit in this fight when he blantantly it Lopez on the back of the head. He was frustrated then and was wanting to get out of this fight. He quit trying and he got hurt.
True, that punch was frustration at its fullest.
It was the Tyson ear bite, The Low blows in the Bowe fights Ect..

Good observation
Hatesrats is online now  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #18
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

"Victor has no heart"-- Josesito Lopez is just speaking the truth.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #19
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
Like i was saying, call the other fighters who chose to continue with such serious injuries whatever youd like, 'a warrior.' But still no reason to call Victor a quitter for his decision. Maybe say hes not a warrior? But a quitter is going too far i think. Thats just how i feel personally
No but taking into consideration his past he should of made the decision to redeem himself but he did not, and so i cannot forgive this man.
biglemon is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
knotty150
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 826

Well my immediate thoughts were that Ortiz has a glass heart. That said, a broken jaw.... :S

Thats a damn gruesome injury to be having smacked around. I know AA did it against Miranda but he's a little different, has the turtle shell defence to avoid having it hit again etc...

Perhaps Ortiz is lacking in the heart department but once again, a broken jaw :S:S:S:S:S:S
knotty150 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
philgood
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

And in the 6th round he was looking for the ref to help him up a sign of quiting setting in when he figured he couldn't ko this lopez he was gonna quit broken jaw or not and also it isn't official if his jaw is broken I didn't see any swelling like Ali's jaw against norton or frazier
philgood is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #22
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Some of you are missing the point. Ortiz had quit in this fight when he blantantly it Lopez on the back of the head. He was frustrated then and was wanting to get out of this fight. He quit trying and he got hurt.
Well you would have to 'assume' he wanted out by committing that flagrant foul and that would be ur opinion, not a fact. I think he just lost his head for a moment which happems often when it comes to Victor. I believe he wanted to quit as well before the broken jaw but he didnt. It wasnt till he actually had his mouth shattered that he panicked and felt he couldnt continue.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #23
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgood View Post
And in the 6th round he was looking for the ref to help him up a sign of quiting setting in when he figured he couldn't ko this lopez he was gonna quit broken jaw or not and also it isn't official if his jaw is broken I didn't see any swelling like Ali's jaw against norton or frazier
There are many different types of injuries you can sustain in ur jaw. With the amount of blood and thickness of it, id definitely say its broke. But we'll see what they say
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
liljp361
Belt holder
ESB Addict

you have the right idea sir. especially when all fighters know how hard it is to get in there and to train hard and mentally and physically get into that ring its a shame to put down someone else like that
liljp361 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
Kampioni
Good Boy
ESB Addict

vCash: 684

I dont think Victor by any means is a quitter. Let's see some of you guys continue to fight with a broken jaw and sturnum.
Kampioni is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

I mean, like it or not, josesito's calling it like he sees it. he obviously didnt like the fact that victor tried to psyche him out.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
"He tried to intimidate me but it didnt work."

Leave it in the ring bro... Not even concerned about the well-being of Victor whatsoever? No class at all. Just lost me as a fan right there.

I too never liked Vic but I have no right to call him a quitter for not wanting to continue with a broken jaw, unable to close his mouth. Call the other fighters who did whatever you'd like, a warrior or whatever but dont call Vic a quitter for this.

Im curious if you personally would have WANTED to see him go into the 10th with a shattered mouth, hanging down like that. I personally wouldnt. And i also feel i have no right to call him a quitter for choosing to not continue. Even as a fan and paying customer. Even him being a professional and doing this for a living. Sorry but no i wont call him a quitter for that. Nothing against you all, but thats just me

Josesito Lopez is just speaking as a warrior. Ortiz isn't a warrior, isn't fighter, and while he's a decent boxer he doesn't have a fighters mentality.

We have seen it time and time again. He kissed Floyd in the middle of the ring, he never had the killer instinct, he quits whenever he's getting beat up.

This guy is not a fighter and every fighter knows it. You don't have to be a boxer to know exactly what Lopez is talking about here. You don't to even be a physical kinda person, you could be in a wheel chair or you could be a nerd behind a computer, but you know some if you have a dream or goal to stick to it.

Ortiz sets a bad example not just to boxers, but to children who are in school who feel like dropping out because they got a bad grade. Ortiz knew millions of people were watching him, he knew his heart was suspect from before, and he still quit.

Lopez and anyone else has a right to dig in on him for that. Ortiz should apologize for quitting and demand a rematch.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampioni View Post
I dont think Victor by any means is a quitter. Let's see some of you guys continue to fight with a broken jaw and sturnum.
Paul Williams is in a wheel chair but he doesn't quit. He still is trying to walk again and make the best of his life.

Holyfield said it best, it's about putting your all into something and honestly I don't think Ortiz gave it his best. He was still able to stand up, he wasn't knocked out, he was in a great deal of pain, he was injured, but he didn't wait for the doctor to check if he couldn't continue, I heard him quit.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quitters never win and we heard him quit,. and this isn't the first time so stop making excuses for him.

All he had to do is survive for 2 more rounds and he would have won the fight and the biggest payday of his career. He QUIT.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #30
highway robbery

vCash: 500

Quote:
Thats fine, and this is how Lopez probably feels personally. And he's expressing i after being in the ring with Ortiz and taking everything Ortiz and to give.

He has more right to his opinion than you since his is from personal experience.
highway robbery is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum