Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #46
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945
Default Re: "Victor has no heart" - Josesito Lopez

I agree that a broken jaw is very tough and in some cases I would be more remorseful but.

Ortiz quit vs Maidana when the going got tough, he didnt think he deserved to take that kind of punishment.

Ortiz was knocked down by Mayweather but rather than get up and fight on like a true Mexican would, he crawled around the canvas until he heard the count finish.

So you would think after all that Ortiz would be out to prove a point, but no, even while his corner and ref wanted him to fight on he refused and yelled at the ref 'my jaws broke' knowing he would stop the fight, he was then happy to talk to jim grey after the fight was done, much like in the mayweather bout.
biglemon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #47
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
He would not have been able to fight Canelo if his jaw was either broken or dislocated. Not for at least 6 months anyway.
Oh well. Point is he still should have fought on. I cannot understand how this is acceptable in some of your eyes. But hey to each his own.
Don't Sleep is online now  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #48
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

I guess folks expect fighters to have a high threshold of pain. A cracked sternum I can understand that or a broken rib tho many still fight on. But Ortiz undeniably has no heart if he thinks he is champion material and not willing to make adjustments when the going gets rough. That rabbit punch that hurt Lopez was FULLY intentional, not a misplaced, accidental heat of the moment punch. You saw Ortiz turn his head and intentionally hit Josesito. Many including myself thought Vic shoulda been disqualified. Mexican commentators were disgusted at Victors actions also thought he should of been disqualified. Thats why I dont blame Lopez for whatever comments he may have took illegal shots from Ortiz.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #49
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
He's RIGHT on the money. Ortiz is a heartless, glass-jawed JOKE who goes dirty ever time his shaky chin is rattled. Which is, as we have seen, quite often.
X2

If Ortiz ever gets KOed by a body shot he will have attained the rare status of Holy Trinity of Glass like Judah has. Ortiz has no Chin, no Heart, and no smarts whatsoever.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #50
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Some of you are missing the point. Ortiz had quit in this fight when he blantantly hit Lopez on the back of the head. He was frustrated then and was wanting to get out of this fight. He quit trying and he got hurt.
Did he quit when he blasted Alacron upside the head during a break during a fight he was winning? Victor is a moron, not someone who's trying to blow up his own career intentionally.
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #51
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Ali fought twice with broken jaws against Frazier and Norton I and we don't have to go that high, Razor Ruddock fought Tyson hard till the end in a punchfest in their rematch in the Mirage with a broken jaw... Sometimes Ortiz proves to have heart ( against Berto) , sometimes not.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #52
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
"He tried to intimidate me but it didnt work."

Leave it in the ring bro... Not even concerned about the well-being of Victor whatsoever? No class at all. Just lost me as a fan right there.

I too never liked Vic but I have no right to call him a quitter for not wanting to continue with a broken jaw, unable to close his mouth. Call the other fighters who did whatever you'd like, a warrior or whatever but dont call Vic a quitter for this.

Im curious if you personally would have WANTED to see him go into the 10th with a shattered mouth, hanging down like that. I personally wouldnt. And i also feel i have no right to call him a quitter for choosing to not continue. Even as a fan and paying customer. Even him being a professional and doing this for a living. Sorry but no i wont call him a quitter for that. Nothing against you all, but thats just me
1) He is a quitter. Plenty fighter have and will continue to fight at all means
2) Yes. I do expect him to do so. This is Boxing
3) Thats why you probably don't box. If you do box. Whats your name cuz I hope I fight you in a national tournament someday. With that mentality you'll be a easy win.
Finesse74 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #53
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Some of you are missing the point. Ortiz had quit in this fight when he blantantly hit Lopez on the back of the head. He was frustrated then and was wanting to get out of this fight. He quit trying and he got hurt.
bang on!

Ortiz doesn't have heart, Lopez is right, he's a disgracve. The guy tries getting out of fights whenever the going gets tough, how many times do we have to see this before calling a spade a spade? He tried to find an out through blatant fouling for the 2nd fight in a row and when the ref who was clearly a GBP man let him get away with it he had to find something else, once his jaw broke boom there it was...... do you realize how many fighters have continued with this same injury or far more severe injuries that happened earlier in the fight than Ortiz' did?
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #54
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
Josesito Lopez is just speaking as a warrior. Ortiz isn't a warrior, isn't fighter, and while he's a decent boxer he doesn't have a fighters mentality.

We have seen it time and time again. He kissed Floyd in the middle of the ring, he never had the killer instinct, he quits whenever he's getting beat up.

This guy is not a fighter and every fighter knows it. You don't have to be a boxer to know exactly what Lopez is talking about here. You don't to even be a physical kinda person, you could be in a wheel chair or you could be a nerd behind a computer, but you know some if you have a dream or goal to stick to it.

Ortiz sets a bad example not just to boxers, but to children who are in school who feel like dropping out because they got a bad grade. Ortiz knew millions of people were watching him, he knew his heart was suspect from before, and he still quit.

Lopez and anyone else has a right to dig in on him for that. Ortiz should apologize for quitting and demand a rematch.

Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #55
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal-T-Bag View Post
bang on!

Ortiz doesn't have heart, Lopez is right, he's a disgracve. The guy tries getting out of fights whenever the going gets tough, how many times do we have to see this before calling a spade a spade? He tried to find an out through blatant fouling for the 2nd fight in a row and when the ref who was clearly a GBP man let him get away with it he had to find something else, once his jaw broke boom there it was...... do you realize how many fighters have continued with this same injury or far more severe injuries that happened earlier in the fight than Ortiz' did?
Finesse74 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Victor was clearly overtrained.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #57
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'm totally missing the part where Lopez supposedly called Ortiz a quitter.

This thread is pointless.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #58
jjnight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post

Leave it in the ring bro... Not even concerned about the well-being of Victor whatsoever? No class at all. Just lost me as a fan right there.

I too never liked Vic but I have no right to call him a quitter for not wanting to continue with a broken jaw, unable to close his mouth. Call the other fighters who did whatever you'd like, a warrior or whatever but dont call Vic a quitter for this.

Im curious if you personally would have WANTED to see him go into the 10th with a shattered mouth, hanging down like that. I personally wouldnt. And i also feel i have no right to call him a quitter for choosing to not continue. Even as a fan and paying customer. Even him being a professional and doing this for a living. Sorry but no i wont call him a quitter for that. Nothing against you all, but thats just me

Hey man seriously, You ARe TALKING SOME BULLSHIT. Vic is not a doctor, he determined that he had a broken jaw. Then he stop the fight and when the ref starting waving the fight off, then he jumps like his corner stopped it. Man, **** Vic.

And you are talking about class, Didn't Vic hit Lopez in the back of the head! Same ol story, same ol Vic the Bitch! But Lopez is classless for saying he would never quit. MAn the truth hurts!

Vic quit once, and you know he going to do it again!
jjnight is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #59
carias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I don't blame Ortiz for quitting when his jaw was either broken or dislocated but Victor was mentally out of this fight long before that happened. He quit mentally and then physically.
Apart from the shot behind the head, Ortiz never looked out of the fight. He was always giving as good as he was getting and was up by 2 points when he stopped. Pretty unfounded conclusion.
carias is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #60
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableaddict View Post

I'm totally missing the part where Lopez supposedly called Ortiz a quitter.

This thread is pointless.
Over at the scene buddy
Genaro G is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum