Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #61
J_Grizzy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: "Victor has no heart" - Josesito Lopez

I also had conflicting feelings about it... Ortiz was definitely hurting Lopez more, but Lopez is a damn warrior and always came back. Fighting with a broken jaw is just no joke. The boxers in the past who have done it are extremely tough, but I don't think we should expect a fighter to continue with an injury like that. The fact is also, with a broken jaw even if he continued and won, that Alvarez fight wasn't happening at that point. We're giving Ortiz a hard time because of his history.
J_Grizzy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #62
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnight View Post
Hey man seriously, You ARe TALKING SOME BULLSHIT. Vic is not a doctor, he determined that he had a broken jaw. Then he stop the fight and when the ref starting waving the fight off, then he jumps like his corner stopped it. Man, **** Vic.

And you are talking about class, Didn't Vic hit Lopez in the back of the head! Same ol story, same ol Vic the Bitch! But Lopez is classless for saying he would never quit. MAn the truth hurts!

Vic quit once, and you know he going to do it again!
Vic also has no class
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #63
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

He quit against Maidana.. What did you expect Ortiz would do with a broken jaw?
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #64
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse74 View Post
1) He is a quitter. Plenty fighter have and will continue to fight at all means
2) Yes. I do expect him to do so. This is Boxing
3) Thats why you probably don't box. If you do box. Whats your name cuz I hope I fight you in a national tournament someday. With that mentality you'll be a easy win.
I sincerely wish you good luck. I hope you dont ever have to fight through a serious injury in a professional bout.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #65
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
He quit against Maidana.. What did you expect Ortiz would do with a broken jaw?
I dont expect any fighter to continue with a broken jaw. If they decide to go on then hey thats their decision. If not im not gonna call em a quitter. Then again thats just me.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #66
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genaro G View Post
I dont expect any fighter to continue with a broken jaw. If they decide to go on then hey thats their decision. If not im not gonna call em a quitter. Then again thats just me.
Google Victor Ortiz quits.. He quit, and that was the official ruling.

I'm not calling him a quitter, either, but I am
Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #67
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

Quote:
Victor Ortiz quits with a busted jaw

By Lance Pugmire / Los Angeles Times (MCT)
Sunday, June 24, 2012 - Added 12 hours ago
E-mail Print (0) Comments Text size Share

LOS ANGELES — Josesito Lopez didn’t come to Staples Center on Saturday night just to fight, but to give the performance of his lifetime.

By battering the heavier, stronger Victor Ortiz and standing up to the hard-hitting southpaw’s best blows, Riverside’s Lopez pulled off a stunning upset at Staples Center, decided when Lopez landed a ninth-round punch with Ortiz’s mouth open.

Ortiz said he suffered a broken jaw, and he agreed with his corner’s decision to stop the fight after nine rounds, surrendering despite leading on all three judges’ scorecards at the time of the technical-knockout stoppage by scores of 86-85, 87-84 and 88-83.

“I have a big heart; Victor has no heart,” Lopez said in the ring after a fight-of-the-year candidate match that spoils Ortiz’s hopes for a multi-million-dollar purse that was being reserved for him Sept. 15 against Mexico’s world super-welterweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez.

“Josesito busted my jaw.... I couldn’t close my mouth,” said Ortiz (29-4-2), the former world welterweight champion who was working to rehabilitate his toughness after a September loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. and a dubious effort in a 2009 defeat at Staples to Marcos Maidana.

Ortiz was taken to a hospital after the bout, complaining of excessive bleeding in the mouth.

“Ortiz is out,” Golden Boy Promotions Chief Executive Richard Schaefer said of Alvarez fight.

Lopez’s trainer, Henry Ramirez and promoter Ken Thompson said Lopez would be unable to move up in weight to fight at 154 pounds and could return to the 140 light-welterweight division.

Schaefer referred to “three to four candidates” he’ll discuss with Alvarez this week.

“What a courageous fight” by Lopez, Schaefer said. “We all know how hard Victor punches. To take those punches ... this kid has a lot of heart.”

Lopez was only summoned to fight Ortiz last month after Ortiz’s scheduled opponent Andre Berto tested positive for a steroid.

“He tried to intimidate me, but I’m not intimidated by anybody,” Lopez said.

Lopez (30-4, 18 knockouts) declined to yield to Ortiz’s southpaw power and size advantage by summoning his boxing skill, accepting an Ortiz punch, but countering with precise combinations.

In the fifth, Lopez was given time to recover from a punch to the back of the head that did not earn a point deduction from referee Jack Reiss. “I never thought about quitting, I just needed a few seconds to ease the pain,” Lopez said. “He hits hard, man, but I was never going to quit.”

Lopez was backed up to the ropes and corners by Ortiz’s powerful blows, but he rallied by finding openings. Lopez dropped his hands and invited Ortiz to bring it on. And with a vicious right and left that defined a seventh-round exchange, the crowd was chanting, “Jose!”

In the ninth, Ortiz started picking apart Lopez with lefts and rights, as both of Lopez’s eyes swelled.

But Lopez answered with a hard left-right followed by the telling stiff right in the final minute with Ortiz’s mouth open.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #68
Str8ryte
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Since he was in the ring taking and giving punches, he can say whatever the **** he wants about Ortiz. Lopez had absolutely 0 quit in him. He lost you as a fan for telling the truth? Don't be so ****in' sensitive, Jesus Christ.
Str8ryte is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #69
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ryte View Post
Since he was in the ring taking and giving punches, he can say whatever the **** he wants about Ortiz. Lopez had absolutely 0 quit in him. He lost you as a fan for telling the truth? Don't be so ****in' sensitive, Jesus Christ.
I dont like shit talkers. What happens in the ring stays in the ring. Dont gotta knock Ortiz while hes already down. Lopez can say whatever he wants and ill respect him. I dont have to like him or what he says. Ive always given him respect as a fighter unlike most but i still dont like his attitude and lack of class.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #70
sinosleep
GIRL=nicole whittaker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

LMFAO, let me get this straight. You want people to call a guy who quit, something other than a quitter? How about a mark ass trick?

Maybe he shoulda stuck to his guns about him being to young to be getting his ass beat like when Maidana beat the fight out of him and just retired.
sinosleep is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #71
Vsec
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
"

Im curious if you personally would have WANTED to see him go into the 10th with a shattered mouth, hanging down like that. I personally wouldnt. And i also feel i have no right to call him a quitter for choosing to not continue. Even as a fan and paying customer. Even him being a professional and doing this for a living. Sorry but no i wont call him a quitter for that. Nothing against you all, but thats just me
agreed. people wanna call him a ***** or whatever, when most people wouldn't even last 1 month in a boxing gym much less fighting professionally with a broken jaw lol
Vsec is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #72
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I dont like shit talkers. What happens in the ring stays in the ring. Dont gotta knock Ortiz while hes already down. Lopez can say whatever he wants and ill respect him. I dont have to like him or what he says. Ive always given him respect as a fighter unlike most but i still dont like his attitude and lack of class.
Are you serious. You expect him to be all uppity with a guy who a few rds prior blatantly hit him in the back of the head which could have caused a concussion? HE didn't talk s--t. He said I have heart and Victor doesn't. Its the truth,
Some of you posters on ESB are soft as baby s--t!
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #73
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

genaro g is hurtin like someone dicked his daddy up de ass

ortiz quit, lopez broke his jaw and made him quit he has the right to say whatever he wants to his son.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #74
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Sleep View Post
Are you serious. You expect him to be all uppity with a guy who a few rds prior blatantly hit him in the back of the head which could have caused a concussion? HE didn't talk s--t. He said I have heart and Victor doesn't. Its the truth,
Some of you posters on ESB are soft as baby s--t!
not just concussion he could permanently have damaged him
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #75
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

genaro bean wanted lopez to be all aww i won lets be friends now lmao

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum