Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #256
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is sergio martinez the most athletic white boxer ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Not what I said actually.....many americans think latino is a "race"....and most of them have more contact only with mexican-americans, and many mexican-americans apparently also believe that they are a "race".....and mexicans generally are more brown than the rest of latin america, especially more than South America for sure.
I know it sounds weird to many of you, but we always put the nationality spirit before anything...no one view you by your "race" like happens in some other places, like USA.....
when you say americans without prefacing it with an adjective that only accuses some of the american population, like the word "some," it's perfectly okay for me to assume that you're ignorant enough to mean, the entire american people. I now realize that isn't what you meant. secondly, you're wrong about americans having more contact with mexican-americans than any other latin american group. that's a gross generalization, i'm telling you the truth. it totally depends on the region from which you hail. thirdly, I guarantee that there's racism in brazil. any country whose people are not predominantly the same skin tone, has some form of racism.
m8te is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #257
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
when you say americans without prefacing it with an adjective that only accuses some of the american population, like the word "some," it's perfectly okay for me to assume that you're ignorant enough to mean, the entire american people. I now realize that isn't what you meant. secondly, you're wrong about americans having more contact with mexican-americans than any other latin american group. that's a gross generalization, i'm telling you the truth. it totally depends on the region from which you hail. thirdly, I guarantee that there's racism in brazil. any country whose people are not predominantly the same skin tone, has some form of racism.
Fair enough, I hear you......btw never said there isnīt racism in Latino countries, there is a type of it, in all of them. But is totally different than USA in this aspect......I can tell you that much better than you because I born here, was raised here and I live here.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #258
m8te
Oh you ain't know?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Fair enough, I hear you......btw never said there isnīt racism in Latino countries, there is a type of it, in all of them. But is totally different than USA in this aspect......I can tell you that much better than you because I born here, was raised here and I live here.....
I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about, but you said, "no one view you by your "race" like happens in some other places, like USA." correct me if i'm wrong, but is that not saying that brazil does not have racism? that's the only thing I addressed. I wasn't referring to the rest of latin america. I clearly highlighted brazil.
m8te is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #259
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

latin america definately has racism.

the darker ones have this "white is right" mentality and get upset if u call them black.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #260
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRat View Post
ok so Bruce lee and Muhammad Ali are white because they have german and irish blood in them.
lol, who doesn't have either german or irish blood, or both in them? They're probably the largest immigrants in the world. Got both in me, but most would say im asian...
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #261
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8te View Post
I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about, but you said, "no one view you by your "race" like happens in some other places, like USA." correct me if i'm wrong, but is that not saying that brazil does not have racism? that's the only thing I addressed. I wasn't referring to the rest of latin america. I clearly highlighted brazil.
Brazil has a subtle, hidden racism in the elite......you wonīt find regular people with "white things" and "black things", your normal brazilian citizen donīt care for race, believe me.
Culturally a "white brazilian" is identical to a "black brazilian" if they are from the same state......it is like that in US ??
White-americans and Black-americans share the same culture ? They are that similar ?

And why you highlighted Brazil ??? The other countries have the same if not more racism than Brazil......and btw, you are forgetting that Brazil is very mixed, in terms of races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
latin america definately has racism.

the darker ones have this "white is right" mentality and get upset if u call them black.
Definitely, many problems yet... I agree.....
But what you are saying is definitely more true in other latin american countries. In places like Dominican Republic the blacks donīt like to be viewed as blacks.....
The culture in Brazil is of African roots in many aspects like Samba, Capoeira, etc......all things created by the black-brazilians.
I have plenty of black-brazilian friends, I was born in a hood where I was one of the few that looked "white", and this never was a problem......and just after to see some of the threads here I realized that big difference between the way race is treated in Latin America in comparison with other countries, like US......
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #262
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Death to all White People.

Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #263
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

The best caucasian fighter of all times must have been Rocky Marciano of course... Technically, skillwise, ODLH puts Martinez in the trash bin... F***, not to mention Willie Pep, Marcel Cerdan, Jake LaMotta, DeMarco, Zale, all the great MWs of the past, Maxim who blasted Robinson in the NY Giant Stadium. And even if you consider modern history, what about Calzaghe, Collins, Maske, Otkke, Tiozzo, Michalczwski, Boudouani and if you consider him a latin then it's even worse cause he's way behind Rosario, Monzon, Sanchez, JCC Sr, Duran, Arguello, Ricardo Lopez, MAB, Morales and JMM... You do not have a case...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 08:37 PM   #264
boxingbull
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Andre Ward?
boxingbull is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #265
Caestus
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Arguello, Ricardo Lopez
Probably the slickest white fighters ever along with Willie Pep.Vitali is very slick also for a heavyweight of his size.

Quote:
Andre Ward?
Mulato
Caestus is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #266
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

calzaghe?
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #267
Caestus
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Brazil has a subtle, hidden racism in the elite......you wonīt find regular people with "white things" and "black things", your normal brazilian citizen donīt care for race, believe me.
Culturally a "white brazilian" is identical to a "black brazilian" if they are from the same state......it is like that in US ??
White-americans and Black-americans share the same culture ? They are that similar ?
What I have noted is that north americans "root for races" (and is viewed as something pretty acceptable), and as far as I know that doesn't occur in Brazil.But I don't know.
Caestus is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #268
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caestus View Post
What I have noted is that north americans "root for races" (and is viewed as something pretty acceptable), and as far as I know that doesn't occur in Brazil.But I don't know.
Yes. 100% correct. Exactly what I said here....and this shows the difference. A person rooting for "race" would be viewed as a weirdo here...
I post in a brazilian forum too (not boxing related, itīs about MMA) and we have a Lounge like the lounge here....pretty similar, with trolls too, etc.....Never saw a race related thread over there like we see often here. Thatīs a good example to show the difference I guess....
Old 06-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #269
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

Even Vito Antuofermo was stronger and tougher the way he rumbled with Hagler and then was very unfortunate to have been cut and stopped in the Minter fight. Collins was surely tougher than Martinez specially against Mike McCallum, Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn. Dave Tiberi fought a hell of a fight against JJames Toney and Axel Shultz did beat George Foreman and was robbed in the US.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #270
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Pure stupidity in many posts here. Racial hatred motivated. It is amazing how some people ignore science only to express their racial hatred.

The fact is that the vast majority of Argentinians are white/European origin. Everyone who has ever visited a school knows that. White period.

Latin is not a race. How ignorant must be one to claim it is a race? Latin is a huge part of European culture and heritage.
Ivo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum