Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Just rewatched. Pretty sure Victor's jaw broke end of the 9th. NOT 5/6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatesrats View Post
I always thought Roberto had the "Shits" in that fight??
(Upset stomach, tooo much booze bitches & blow??)
either that or sand in his vagina
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
Str8ryte
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Just rewatched. Pretty sure Victor's jaw broke end of the 9th. NOT 5/6!

It was broke in the 9th. He was trying to quit in the 7th and they told him to keep going. They're just trying to make him look better now. If it was broke in the seventh, BET YOUR ASS he would've quit at the end of that round. IDC, I'll still watch his next fight.
Str8ryte is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8ryte View Post
It was broke in the 9th. He was trying to quit in the 7th and they told him to keep going. They're just trying to make him look better now. If it was broke in the seventh, BET YOUR ASS he would've quit at the end of that round. IDC, I'll still watch his next fight.
So you dont think it could have been broke in one place in the 7th then again in the 9th?
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #19
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

He corrected himself mid interview and said that his jaw broke at the beginning of the 9th round. Not sure why anyone would think anything else.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post

The lies spin fast and furious in boxing.

Usually produced from speculation.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
Either way it really doesn't matter. What we have entered is the PR spin zone. That is why it took two days to get a story. Its damage control. This story is to say that Victor fought valiantly for several rounds with a broken jaw, but after the second break it was too much. Then Garcia comes out and takes the blame, saying he should have stopped the fight earlier. That's all bullshit, because we know he didn't want to stop the fight at all. Though he probably should have so Victor didn't have too, its called protecting your fighter, which he is paid by Victor to do.

The ref or DR would have stopped that fight anyways if they saw that blood, it was only a matter of time, granted it would have looked better for ORtiz had somebody else stopped it, that should have been his corner, but they wanted to send him back out there for what? To be permanently damaged? That's absurd.

It was a hell of a fight, and what is getting lost in all this shit is that Lopez fought his ass off, and how tough that kid is. He was busted up too, and his eye was closed when they stopped that fight, he looked much worse for wear than Ortiz. He looked like Rocky Dennis[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for crissakes. They both need a good six months in my opinion to recover, and then they should get it on again, I'm sure it would be another war, which all of us fans love to see.
Rematch would be great if it was half the action this one was.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #22
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_money View Post
He corrected himself mid interview and said that his jaw broke at the beginning of the 9th round. Not sure why anyone would think anything else.
That's why I watched it again closely. I just can't find any indication that it was broken early in the round. He said he couldn't close his mouth once it was broke. Just watch the last of the 9th round and you seem him close his mouth pretty much right to the end.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched View Post
Usually produced from speculation.
Yeah. In the end it may be the fans fault for not thinking the truth is good enough.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #24
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Yeah. In the end it may be the fans fault for not thinking the truth is good enough.

One day they lie to us, and the next day they tell the truth.

Or something like that
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #25
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I'm with you. We've been receiving straight spin last few days.
PBFred is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #26
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
I'm with you. We've been receiving straight spin last few days.
Truth in simple terms. He put on a great fight, got his jaw broken and had to quit. Bazooka makes the most valid argument in that they had one minute to assess the situation and should have called in the doctor. The doctor would have probably stopped it. Garcia told Victor to go go on rather than call in the doctor so Victor had to take it into his own hands.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #27
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

I've been thinking about Freddy Roach's calm demeanor in the corner and how he probably would have handled it. He has laid out his technique before. He says nothing when he first goes in to give his fighter a chance to collect himself and calm down. He stays calm to help the fighter say calm. Little doubt he would have called the doctor in to assess the damage and perhaps buy a little more time.

Given what Victor said about his corner wanting him to go on, I'm tending to lay this one on Garcia.
Hermit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum