Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: local Heavies?

From the limited knowledge I have of the heavyweight scene down under I can't see past Alex I got slated on here by a few for bringing Alex's stamina into question but I stand by what I said if Alex had better conditioning he could possibly do great things .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #17
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

[quote=buster007;13228028][quote=boxoncottonon;13227986]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
welliver?

hard to find excuses for this loss to sherman tbh. probably just beaten by the better fighter, that's all.
u could say that williams clearly had plenty of ability and was a bit of a smokey despite his age, but its a realiity check as far as his position in the ability rankings.
hi there nitpick.

local could mean suburb, state or country.

clearly local meant australasia, oceanic, etc. etc. if chubby checkers name was included.

is that ok with u nitpick?

Let's see.........exclude from the list and slate Lucas Browne because he has at this time ventured O/S and include a fighter as a local who has never sought to fight in this country.......I'll let others decide.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 04:48 AM   #18
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

[quote=boxoncottonon;13228110][quote=buster007;13228028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post

Let's see.........exclude from the list and slate Lucas Browne because he has at this time ventured O/S and include a fighter as a local who has never sought to fight in this country.......I'll let others decide.
u just looking for a reason to have an argument.

r u sure u r not a woman? pmsl
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

agree with ya josey
bluey is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #20
oba carr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I'll also add that I'd really like to see Ben Edwards give boxing a real go.
I think he could shake up the OZ scene and become our best.

Browne also has good potential.

I personally feel none of them will do anything of significance on the world stage.
Just to add into the mix is a bloke called Franklin Egobi who is now living in Victoria (I think he married and Aussie girl) and fighting out of Brian Butlers gym. He fought in a few different countries and lost a split descision to Kevin Mcbride last time out in 2010 (No biggy, I know) but he is better than some of the other heavy's that are currently going around at the moment. Hopefully we can avoid more match ups with the likes of Bob Gasio and in the future we can see him challenge some of our better Heavy's.
oba carr is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
BigBopper
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 87

SBW............clearly I am having a laugh. But where does he fit in. So he doesn't yet have the skills and experience. But he has shown he can improve.

I think some top guys in Australasia would be wise to be a little bit wary of getting in the ring with him. Even though a lot would really want to KO his arse. Is there anyone he could potentially upset?
BigBopper is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
SBW............clearly I am having a laugh. But where does he fit in. So he doesn't yet have the skills and experience. But he has shown he can improve.

I think some top guys in Australasia would be wise to be a little bit wary of getting in the ring with him. Even though a lot would really want to KO his arse. Is there anyone he could potentially upset?
I like SBW, and I reckon he could do very well if he dedicated himself to boxing.
Right now he's not a threat to any of the fighters mentioned above, but with a year or 2 of good coaching and a busy fight schedule, he could shake them all up.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #23
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

i reckon kali could get the fight for the commonwealth title if he pursued it. price would fancy his chances at this stage of kali's career.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 AM   #24
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

Leapai, he is a good fun fighter to watch and he has good power and offensive skills, but he's a little too one dimensional. He can beat some good fighters, but they need to be the right type of style.

Welliver, Pretty much he got exposed at the weekend. If you are going to fight 40 year old Sherman Williams, you'd better BEAR 40 year old sherman williams. No big surprise though really, he's only got a marginal name on here because of Messer's insane fanboyism, and his "radio" show

De Mori, like Welliver has fought exclusivley bums. also like Welliver I belive there is a reason for that. I belive the reason is that he's not very good.

Browne, my pick of the bunch, has looked devestating and made a great move for his career by going over to the UK and taking on some solid pro's, he's a little old though so needs to be moved quickly.

Meehan, Great fighter, but finished at any decent level, hope he can get into broadcasting or something like that. People calling for him to fight Price, I think it's a pointless fight and Kali could get hurt.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 03:42 AM   #25
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Leapai, he is a good fun fighter to watch and he has good power and offensive skills, but he's a little too one dimensional. He can beat some good fighters, but they need to be the right type of style.

Welliver, Pretty much he got exposed at the weekend. If you are going to fight 40 year old Sherman Williams, you'd better BEAR 40 year old sherman williams. No big surprise though really, he's only got a marginal name on here because of Messer's insane fanboyism, and his "radio" show

De Mori, like Welliver has fought exclusivley bums. also like Welliver I belive there is a reason for that. I belive the reason is that he's not very good.

Browne, my pick of the bunch, has looked devestating and made a great move for his career by going over to the UK and taking on some solid pro's, he's a little old though so needs to be moved quickly.

Meehan, Great fighter, but finished at any decent level, hope he can get into broadcasting or something like that. People calling for him to fight Price, I think it's a pointless fight and Kali could get hurt.
i dont think in any time in australian boxing history, that weve had such a decent mob of heavies all at once. it would be a real shame, if during this period, we cant get one a shot at a world title, or at least a commonwealth title.

surely the poms remember we are part of the commonwealth? there is no ratings system for thecomm title. so how does the governing body decide when a fighter from a commonwealth country deserves a shot? do they ever think of the good for a country, and the good of boxing itmight do for that country?

leapai, meehan, browne (dont know much about him) demori (a ko waiting to happen) sol (if you can get him in the ring) and SBW (if he ever gets some ring time) are all worthy of a shot at a comm title.

if there is a comm rep in oz, hes not doing his ****en job...
swingin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #26
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
From the limited knowledge I have of the heavyweight scene down under I can't see past Alex I got slated on here by a few for bringing Alex's stamina into question but I stand by what I said if Alex had better conditioning he could possibly do great things .
Leapai has shocking stamina. He's out on his feet after 3 rds.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #27
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Leapai has shocking stamina. He's out on his feet after 3 rds.
u will find that its more to do with using his head to block punches that slows him down, not his actual fitness.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #28
melbboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I think Leapai is still a threat & Lucas Browne on the rise.
melbboy is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #29
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

still no word on meehan?

vs cameron would be good to see where kali stands now imo.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #30
bruiserh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
still no word on meehan?

vs cameron would be good to see where kali stands now imo.
Cameron definitely has to stay at heavy

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum