Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #31
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fedor. No subject line needed.

This am a discussion this bord neeeds. Peple need to relize truth when they reed it.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #32
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERRIGAN View Post
BTW, the Hendo fight was just poetic justice, as gutless Fedor was just looking to beat up on a small guy, but got his fragile mandible busted instead.

Do you remember how just before Pride ended, Fedor was angling for a fight against Wanderlei Silva?

The gutless bastard just wants to pick on small men when he can get away with it.

I guess after seeing what Werdum and Bigfoot did to him, it all makes sense.
That's exactly what happened, he lost to Werdum, then got his face smashed by G. Silva then thought he would fight a smaller guy and still got ko'd. But as you know it's Fedor and his loses don't really count. But his wins against Snowmann Sushii and Faggro count because that was the "old" Fedor again.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #33
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
That's exactly what happened, he lost to Werdum, then got his face smashed by G. Silva then thought he would fight a smaller guy and still got ko'd. But as you know it's Fedor and his loses don't really count. But his wins against Snowmann Sushii and Faggro count because that was the "old" Fedor again.
Do his last 3 wins improve his legacy? No.

Do his last 3 losses hurt his legacy? Yes, but not by much.

Are you really going to argue that those 3 losses take away what he accomplished beforehand?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #34
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post

Are you really going to argue that those 3 losses take away what he accomplished beforehand?

Yes, cause BBF said so....
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #35
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:

No. But Fedor is not an invincible God of fighting. And he's not immune from criticism. The fact is, he was The Man for many years. But he DID piss away the last half-decade of his career, and he DID lose by stoppage 3x when he stepped up his competition while still physically competitive.

He's regarded as the consensus P4P GOAT in a very young sport. For now. But he's not a mystical talisman who will forever be regarded as the perfect example of a mixed martial artist. And he DID hide away in smaller promotions rather than compete at the very highest level while the sport was experiencing the most explosive growth in its history.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #36
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppa kut View Post
Respect the legend.
I love the UFC but I hate their treatment of the greatest fighter in any combat sport EVER
Silva is older than Fedor and fought in PRIDE at the same time.. He was a nobody!! Shoot, he wasn't even top 8 P4P in the org let alone all-time! He was loosing 2 bums in his prime! Anderson, has a nice run in UfC with good match making and the UFC marketing machine! However, during that run he's had some stinkers and came reeeaall close 2 being DOMINTED by an average fighter in Sonnen..Also, 4 all D. White's hate on Fedor he seemed to hate Anderson when he faught D. Maiai.. That shit was an embarrassment and Dana threatened to fire Anderson if he ever pulled that shit again.. Shoot, I was pissed.. Wasted money on that PPV..

Fedor ALWAYS came to FIGHT..Has there ever been a boring Fedor Fight? No!

Now, this really needs 2 ****ing end.. The New Breed has evolved and passed Fedor.. LMFAO, umm new breed steroid freaks?! Shoot, ummm Overeem ( wasn't he in Pride with Fedor?! Wasn't he a 6'5" light heavy) didn't Overeem loose plenty of times before the drugs..wow, 85 lbs of muscle.. Bullshit!
Brock lesnar, what's his rec 6-3 or so? Lmfao, the new breed? His skill set has past Fedor by a miiiiiillllllee!! Hahaha
Cain, **** dudes has what 2 fights in 2 years and is 1-1 while getting ko'ed in 90 seconds (Fedor reigned a decade, Cain 90 seconds LMFAO, LMFAO!!!) No.. He does nothing Fedor hadn't seen before
Dos Santos.. What the **** is sooo new breed about him?? Dudes, got nice stand up and take down D.. Ummm, sub, GNP, throws, trips?? Yeah, he has evolved MMA sooo much!! Fedor, would be such an underdog..
Umm, GSP..Fedor don't lay and pray PERIOD

Respect the legend and realize the new breed of Heavies and MMA in general are just a marketing ploy to discredit Fedor... Are u seeing crazy things that make the most well rounded fighter ever look irrelevant? I bet, any true MMA fan can name 50 cool Fedor moments.. Challenge, name 10 epic Cain and Dos Santos moments between the pair..

Are you taking this piss?

The best line in there is;

"GSP..Fedor don't lay and pray PERIOD"

It sounds like something Bill Cosby would say.

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #37
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
People who say this usually didn't do this.
Everyone was in this sport from the ground up. Gets tiresome after a while. I bet this dude was watching Min Soo Kim vs Godzilla back in 1300 when Pancrase Japan held their first event...
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #38
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Fedor = Greatest of all time.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #39
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
No, I stated facts with arguments 2 back them up.. U came out like a soccer mom telling her kids to play nice.

We are talking about MMA/fighting..We do real talk here. The Greatest most well rounded fighter just retired.. I would like 2 see respect 4 the Emporer or explain what skill any of the newbreed exhibited that diminishes Fedor..
Yo, if we were talking microbiology, yeah shit done changed since 2007.. Ummm, MMA not so much.. Also, IMO the new breed could and would WELCOME a lesson from Fedor.
I think Morono drank the bong water when he was pregnant and birthed this ****ing idiot.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #40
Big N Bad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
You are a mong

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
he's got a point. fedor is/was the man.

no point hating on the other fighters though.
Big N Bad is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #41
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
No. But Fedor is not an invincible God of fighting. And he's not immune from criticism. The fact is, he was The Man for many years. But he DID piss away the last half-decade of his career, and he DID lose by stoppage 3x when he stepped up his competition while still physically competitive.

He's regarded as the consensus P4P GOAT in a very young sport. For now. But he's not a mystical talisman who will forever be regarded as the perfect example of a mixed martial artist. And he DID hide away in smaller promotions rather than compete at the very highest level while the sport was experiencing the most explosive growth in its history.

There has been a major shift in opinions regarding Fedor the last couple of years. There use to be way to many moronos. Now there are too many Kerrigans.

I think I've had Fedor in the right perspective all along. I did not predict his 3 fight losing streak, but here is what I had to say before a couple of those fights.
Quote:
I believe Babalu is sincere in his prediction.

Fedor has holes in his game. That is what makes his fights fun to watch. Almost everyone he faces seems to have a chance. Fedor blends his technical knowledge with his athletic gifts as well, or better, than anyone. So far, except for one bogus affair, Fedor has always found a way. He has been able to submit or ko the bullies, Coleman and Rogers. He has been able to bully the submission fighter, Nogueira.

Werdum would most certainly have the advantage on the ground, in terms of pure submission. When you factor in Fedor's ground and pound, it takes away the certainty.

Fedor can also land that booming right hand standing, and could totally take away Werdum's chances on the ground.

I want to see Fedor vs Overeem, but I won't simply assume it's happening until I see Fedor's hand raised in victory. Werdum is a dangerous fighter.
Quote:
I don't know that any of these fights are foregone conclusions, which is why I haven't picked yet.

I'm going to be picking Fedor, but he I don't think he is near the favorite the odds have him at. You would have to bet $5 to win $1. Silva is a big man, and I don't see Fedor being able to man handle him at all. Fedor is so explosive, he may win this fight in a few seconds. But Fedor has to win with his faster hands. If Silva can avoid the big punch, he may very well man handle Fedor.

Arlovski looks so much sharper with his hands than Kharitonov. It is very tempting to pick him for small upset. The odds are nearly even for this bout.

I haven't seen odds on the other bouts, but they've got to be near even. Rosario and Johnson are both very raw, anything could happen.

Griggs and Villante is tough call for me as well. Villante seems like he may be more athletic, with an edge in skill, but Griggs' endurance may be better.

I'm just assuming Overeem has better grappling skills than Sefo, but I know nothing of Sefo's grappling skills. If Sefo can keep the fight standing, who knows what will happen?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In his time he was a Great. His time is over. If anyone says he wasn't great..don't know shit. The sport is moving on...Bigger...better..faster...just like alll the other sports. It happens.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #43
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Respect the legend.
I love the UFC but I hate their treatment of the greatest fighter in any combat sport EVER
Silva is older than Fedor and fought in PRIDE at the same time.. He was a nobody!! Shoot, he wasn't even top 8 P4P in the org let alone all-time! He was loosing 2 bums in his prime! Anderson, has a nice run in UfC with good match making and the UFC marketing machine! However, during that run he's had some stinkers and came reeeaall close 2 being DOMINTED by an average fighter in Sonnen..Also, 4 all D. White's hate on Fedor he seemed to hate Anderson when he faught D. Maiai.. That shit was an embarrassment and Dana threatened to fire Anderson if he ever pulled that shit again.. Shoot, I was pissed.. Wasted money on that PPV..

Now, this really needs 2 ****ing end.. The New Breed has evolved and passed Fedor.. LMFAO, umm new breed steroid freaks?! Shoot, ummm Overeem ( wasn't he in Pride with Fedor?! Wasn't he a 6'5" light heavy) didn't Overeem loose plenty of times before the drugs..wow, 85 lbs of muscle.. Bullshit!
Brock lesnar, what's his rec 6-3 or so? Lmfao, the new breed? His skill set has past Fedor by a miiiiiillllllee!! Hahaha
Cain, **** dudes has what 2 fights in 2 years and is 1-1 while getting ko'ed in 90 seconds (Fedor reigned a decade, Cain 90 seconds LMFAO, LMFAO!!!) No.. He does nothing Fedor hadn't seen before
Dos Santos.. What the **** is sooo new breed about him?? Dudes, got nice stand up and take down D.. Ummm, sub, GNP, throws, trips?? Yeah, he has evolved MMA sooo much!! Fedor, would be such an underdog..

Respect the legend and realize the new breed of Heavies and MMA in general are just a marketing ploy to discredit Fedor... Are u seeing crazy things that make the most well rounded fighter ever look irrelevant? I bet, any true MMA fan can name 50 cool Fedor moments.. Challenge, name 10 epic Cain and Dos Santos moments between the pair..
Even tho you do ramble on a fair bit talking some shit... I do think your main points are true, Fedor is the greatest, best & most dominant MMA fighter in history & White n co will sink to all sorts of low to try discredit the man pure & simply because he never fought in the UFC.

The end !
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #44
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Respect the legend.

Fedor was a hell of a fighter, but ridiculous fanboys like you make me embarrassed for him. It's not like the guys he beat in his biggest wins went on to show the world that they were head and shoulders above the rest. In his prime versus Couture in his prime would have been a GREAT fight that I'd have picked Fedor to win but wouldn't have been surprised to see Couture take it. All time great for sure, but your sniveling nuthugging is awful. One bad luck loss and two horrible losses (one to a guy two classes lower) is never a good time to start talking about beating guys like Velazquez or Lesnar, particularly since Velazquez just crushed the guy that crushed Fedor. Get a ****ing grip.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #45
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Brock wasnt the best fighter ever, and he wasnt really well rounded. But to say he's on a par with Kimbo and Sapp in later years is factitious at best

As I said, retarded Fedor fanboys are just as bad as retarded UFC fan boys

and fedor is one of my favourite fighters ever. But your just a mong and all you are doing is giving ammunition to the ''Fedor is overrated'' crowd by your blind bias

you are doing more harm than good
Id rate Sapp and Kimbo better fighter than Brock, you know the guy who runs away from punches and unlike Sapp couldnt even hack it in the NFL

and brock is one of my favourite fighter ever .
monaroCountry is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum