Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #61
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Roids in PRIDE AND UFC - How Many Were/Are Doping, Worst Offenders, Who is Clean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhill View Post
You'd get bored being surprised.
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #62
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Roids in PRIDE AND UFC - How Many Were/Are Doping, Worst Offenders, Who is Clean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthooktommy View Post
So much for joking with you Haggis...
Oh, was that a joke?

Sorry, that sort of thing often doesn't translate over the internet. I guess I misinterpreted you.

To be fair though, it's not like that kind of post isn't often written with a straight face. And I think it's pretty clear that Wanderlei is under a far darker cloud of suspicion than Bones is. Legitimate suspicion, rather than baseless conjecture.

Whereas there's nothing really to link Jones to roids, there is a ton of circumstantial evidence with Wandy. Jones appears to be a legitimate physical freak athlete, Silva doesn't. Observers/insiders in the fight game seem to barely even bother trying to deny that Wanderlei was roiding.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #63
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
But still..give 3 month of music and dance training to JDS and he could become the next Micheal Jackson !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4AnJgwV68E[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #64
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Oh, was that a joke?

Sorry, that sort of thing often doesn't translate over the internet. I guess I misinterpreted you.

To be fair though, it's not like that kind of post isn't often written with a straight face. And I think it's pretty clear that Wanderlei is under a far darker cloud of suspicion than Bones is. Legitimate suspicion, rather than baseless conjecture.

Whereas there's nothing really to link Jones to roids, there is a ton of circumstantial evidence with Wandy. Jones appears to be a legitimate physical freak athlete, Silva doesn't. Observers/insiders in the fight game seem to barely even bother trying to deny that Wanderlei was roiding.

Well I am terrible with sarcasm so I can see how you were confused. I get where you're coming from with how shady Pride was but I stick by my original statement. If proof of him using steroids pops up in the future then I will accept it but until then he is innocent until proven guilty.
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #65
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Wanderlai's aggression outside the ring was under orders from Pride. They had that Pro Wrestling mentality of "put on a show, fans want larger than life characters". Anyone have any stories of Wand's backstage behaviour? I've heard one or two but apparently there are tons.
Looks can be decieving with PEDs, just cause someone looks muscle bound doesn't mean they're using and just cuz someone looks 'regular' doesn't mean they're clean. I've heard a lot of conflicting reports re 'roid rage', some users think it's a myth.
Having said that I have always assumed EVERYONE in Pride was using. If you could afford it there would be no reason not to. If you were a star and fought regularly (Wand) then you'd have been almost foolish not to.
Under orders from PRIDE? Did you watch any of his fights in the UFC or Vale Tudo Brazil before he came to PRIDE? Wand ALWAYS fought that way.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #66
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Under orders from PRIDE? Did you watch any of his fights in the UFC or Vale Tudo Brazil before he came to PRIDE? Wand ALWAYS fought that way.
"Aggression outside the ring".

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #67
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

I remember watching a documentary about steroids called Bigger Stronger Faster a few years ago that debunked a lot of myths associated with Steroids. I would suggest checking it out if you wanna learn about that kind of stuff.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #68
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #69
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:

Honestly you're just hopeless.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #70
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
I remember watching a documentary about steroids called Bigger Stronger Faster a few years ago that debunked a lot of myths associated with Steroids. I would suggest checking it out if you wanna learn about that kind of stuff.
It was so so. Although the guy in it seemed a bit of a simpleton as he and his brothers were following the stereo typical American sports dream.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #71
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
It was so so. Although the guy in it seemed a bit of a simpleton as he and his brothers were following the stereo typical American sports dream.
I believe his brother who dreamed of being a pro wrestler died shortly after the film was released. I can only guess what the cause of his death was.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #72
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This is a good watch if you aint seen it guys

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8kExGzZfuM[/ame]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #73
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
This is a good watch if you aint seen it guys

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
There it is
Old 07-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #74
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Saw it, pretty interesting
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #75
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
It doesn't matter if he has never been caught, my opinion is that Jones is juicing. I don't have any facts to back up my argument but I'm pretty sure he is using roids.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum