|05-24-2012, 10:19 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2011
Training like a freak
Anyone know how to answer these please dont hesitate
1. Lighter padded gloves still 16 oz but i want less padding i have 2 sets of everlast one pro gel 2x and one just standard
2. how to critique my front hook im orthodox
3. Any good workouts for Neck
4. Breathing drills
|06-25-2012, 03:37 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: Training like a freak
You're in the wrong forum my friend, but here goes:
1. The Everlast gloves are great. Just use them if they're comfortable. Don't go for lighter padding, think of your sparring partners
2. Hard to criticize anything without a video my friend. Post some video so people can see how your hook looks like.
3. Neck bridges, yes's and no's. Check google for "neck exercises". You could also get a neck harness, but I think you're fine with neck bridges and such. Remember to take it easy when training the neck and never go for failure when doing a set.
4. I have found slow pace roadwork and meditation to be the best things for breathing. Jog slowly and keep concentrating on your breathing as much as you can. Deep breaths through your nose or inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth, whichever you find more comfortable. However, Manny Pacquiao's trainer Alex Ariza teaches his fighters to inhale through their mouth and exhale through their nose, so I guess there's no single right way to breathe correctly. I have also tried some meditation: just sit down and relax, concentrate on making your breathing as calm and slow as possible, taking deep breaths every time. Rinse and repeat for five minutes every morning