boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #61
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: what happened to silva in the first fight?

Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #62
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
i thought what anderson done was pathetic, if he wanted to get at chael he could of but just kept going at him doing nothing letting dana hold him back

strange behaviour
This isn't Tyson vs Lewis, what would be pathetic is having a fight with with a guy you know will be broken up when you have 25 mins in the ring alone with him in a few days.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #63
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 225

Spot on Ajax.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 12:12 AM   #64
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Anderson seems way out of character. Chael has really gotten under his skin. This isn't selling the fight, this is real hostility on Anderson's side. I didn't think Chael would get to him so badly. It adds an interesting dimension to the fight. Enraged Anderson could just up and wipe him out, or it could negatively impact his fight. It's sure as hell going to be one of the most intense fights the UFC has ever seen. The pre-fight atmosphere is going to be electrifying.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #65
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Anderson seems way out of character. Chael has really gotten under his skin. This isn't selling the fight, this is real hostility on Anderson's side. I didn't think Chael would get to him so badly. It adds an interesting dimension to the fight. Enraged Anderson could just up and wipe him out, or it could negatively impact his fight. It's sure as hell going to be one of the most intense fights the UFC has ever seen. The pre-fight atmosphere is going to be electrifying.

Great buildup. Can't wait til fightnight
Old 07-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #66
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

one thing Sonnen has going for him is a solid bucket, he can take some shots because against Anderson you will get hit and Sonnen will not do a Forrest. Sonnen will have to weather many storms in order to implement his style.

I still think Sonnen takes this.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #67
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
one thing Sonnen has going for him is a solid bucket, he can take some shots because against Anderson you will get hit and Sonnen will not do a Forrest. Sonnen will have to weather many storms in order to implement his style.

I still think Sonnen takes this.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. How important is Sonnen's chin in this fight?

Pretty much it seems like he has an iron chin. And even when he gets hurt, he has that wrestler's toughness where his instinct isn't to cover up or retreat, but to fight back, dive for a leg and smother the attacker.

I still think he could certainly just get lit up (he is fighting Anderson ****ing Silva ) but he's going to be tougher to beat with one significant strike than the vast majority of Anderson's opponents.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM   #68
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
This isn't Tyson vs Lewis, what would be pathetic is having a fight with with a guy you know will be broken up when you have 25 mins in the ring alone with him in a few days.
thats my point exactly, why bother with all that when hes gonna get chael on saturday

it kind of reminded me when someone is acting the big man while he has a load of guys standing between him and his foe, funny thing is there was only one dude holding him back

i dont care what anyone says, silva is ruffled
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #69
davidwatts
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

the ref is gonna have to drag silva off of sonnen at the end of the fight, i think he'll just keep hitting him even when the fights over.

i presume you're all talking about the weigh-ins? haven't seen them, probably won't be shown.
davidwatts is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
i thought what anderson done was pathetic, if he wanted to get at chael he could of but just kept going at him doing nothing letting dana hold him back

strange behaviour
Hes probably acting himself and Hes not very good at it.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #71
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
Hes probably acting himself and Hes not very good at it.
no hes not

if you compare how silva was in the staredown against belfort now that was a man that exuded confidence, what happened at the presser was something totally different
Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #72
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
no hes not

if you compare how silva was in the staredown against belfort now that was a man that exuded confidence, what happened at the presser was something totally different
I only based it on that little gif and didnt see the whole thing. From that gif who knows if He was just acting or whatever the **** hes doing. Like you said, He goes towards Chael but hes not wholly committed.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #73
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba View Post
I only based it on that little gif and didnt see the whole thing. From that gif who knows if He was just acting or whatever the **** hes doing. Like you said, He goes towards Chael but hes not wholly committed.
its hard to tell, when silva faced up to belfort i knew there and then silva was on a mission, wasnt convinced from the chael presser

the gif is very decieving, i was on sherdog and the place was going nuts about how silva had just gone crazy on chael i was expecting some serious rage from him, then i watched the vid and was in shock at what i saw

even when anderson went over to chael when he was standing at the podium with the mic on it he seemed to be hesitant and acting a bit funny

weigh in should be good
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #74
vibit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 920

If Silva doesn't bite off part of Chael's ear sometime during the fight, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
vibit is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #75
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
its hard to tell, when silva faced up to belfort i knew there and then silva was on a mission, wasnt convinced from the chael presser

the gif is very decieving, i was on sherdog and the place was going nuts about how silva had just gone crazy on chael i was expecting some serious rage from him, then i watched the vid and was in shock at what i saw

even when anderson went over to chael when he was standing at the podium with the mic on it he seemed to be hesitant and acting a bit funny

weigh in should be good
You can't really tell **** from these things, but it's fun to speculate.

Agreed that Chael is right in Anderson's head though. Silva's body language wasn't at all the calm alpha male that he usually is. He was clearly very agitated from being so close to Chael, he wasn't putting on a show for the crowd. Even against Belfort he was much more composed and arrogant with his confidence. Now he just looks furious and wound up.

Even at the end when the audience calls out to Sonnen, Anderson is off to the side swaying from one foot to another, warming up his knuckles and staring at Chael. But Sonnen refuses to acknowledge his challenge, which you can see aggravates Silva even further.

Chael is definately in Anderson's head bigtime. Whether this will work for him or against him remains to be seen. I only hope for two things. One, that he makes weight. Two, that he doesn't choke, and brings Silva the best fight he's capable of.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum