Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158
Default Re: Roy Jones in his prime is the greatest ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post

I'll ask you again. Why would I need more than one account to post my opinion when I don't give a flying **** whether you like it or not? If I start nuthugging Glass Jaw Roy will that make me an alt of yours?
Seems the nuthuggers on here don't like and can't handle the Facts you and I have given them.

They love to spout what Roy "woulda or coulda done" not what he actually did and that was handpick fights and strategically maneuver though weight divisions avoiding the top competition. That is a Fact.

And we all know why because he didn't want to put that Glass Jaw of his out there to be Shattered.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #32
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
They love to spout what Roy "woulda or coulda done" not what he actually did and that was handpick fights and strategically maneuver though weight divisions avoiding the top competition. That is a Fact.

Well, we already say that TODAY about Floyd. Imagine what will be said about him in the future.

janeschicken is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Roy could have done far more with his career and there'll always be questions marks about the level of his opponents and the fact he was a proven cheat. No chance was he the best ever.Calzaghe gets slaughtered for the poor quality of opposition, RJJ is no better in this respect although id pick him over Joe H2H all day long.

The steroid thing is a big issue for me too, plain cheating and casts a huge question mark over any athlete.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post
This. . . Spadafora, you good sir, are also one of the best posters here.

All the chin checkers, and checker affiliates are solid posters. . . Except that Armcl dude, or however you spell his name. . Who tries to tailgate the Checkers. . .

Here on ESB, we talk chins.
**** you very much. I made a thread that neared 3k views in which myself and others exposed Mike Jones' glass jaw and educated the masses. Nobody on this sight takes you seriously, you're a Khan nut hugger with a clear agenda and skewed look on chins. I submitted a top 10 list to MM for this months rankings and regularly talk chins with him. You don't know shit and everybody thinks you are a joke.
Arranmcl is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #35
HeavyweightCP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dude said Roy jnoes was the greatest he is not even a top 10 fighter in his prime.
HeavyweightCP is online now  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #36
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arranmcl View Post
**** you very much. I made a thread that neared 3k views in which myself and others exposed Mike Jones' glass jaw and educated the masses. Nobody on this sight takes you seriously, you're a Khan nut hugger with a clear agenda and skewed look on chins. I submitted a top 10 list to MM for this months rankings and regularly talk chins with him. You don't know shit and everybody thinks you are a joke.

Dude, everyone knew Jones had a shaky beard.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #37
forreal
Chin doctor
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattons Hook View Post
Roy could have done far more with his career and there'll always be questions marks about the level of his opponents and the fact he was a proven cheat. No chance was he the best ever.Calzaghe gets slaughtered for the poor quality of opposition, RJJ is no better in this respect although id pick him over Joe H2H all day long.

The steroid thing is a big issue for me too, plain cheating and casts a huge question mark over any athlete.
.. I feel the same way too, you can never trust an athlete's accomplishments when he is a proven roid cheater, roid cheaters are absolute disgraces.. When you combine that with having a glass jaw, being ****y and ducking the best fighters, then it is no wonder you're going to get haters, but of course the Jones nuthuggers will never understand that ..

This is why everyone should support Mayweather's campaign in getting rid of all these PED cheating cunts
forreal is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Dude, everyone knew Jones had a shaky beard.
ORLY? Well look at the amount of people denying it in this thread!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

They were all educated.
Arranmcl is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #39
suckeggs
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

His resume is far too thin to make such claims in my opinion. The steroid thing is a major negative on him too.

Would love to have seen him fight the likes of G Man. I would have picked the G Man to win by stoppage
suckeggs is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #40
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 67070

Jones was an unbelivable talent in his prime but he also didn't fight enough tough opponents so no i don't think he is the greatest. Floyd Jr > Roy Jr by far.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #41
Villain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 700

I pretty much agree with the original post. In my 25+ years watching boxing, I haven't seen anyone better than Roy at his very best.
Villain is online now  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #42
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Metal,

La Motta to beat Roy at 160? Ha! Please!

You don't know what would have happened if he'd have fought Kessler and Collins etc?

Come on!
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #43
Loudon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Roy's resume absolutely pisses all over Joe's resume!
Loudon is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #44
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudon View Post
Metal,

La Motta to beat Roy at 160? Ha! Please!

You don't know what would have happened if he'd have fought Kessler and Collins etc?

Come on!
LaMotta had an Iron Chin. You could not KO the man and he was a relentless fighter who would walk through punches to pin his opponent on the ropes and let go. Roy never could handle pressure, never could take a punch, and he doesn't have the power to keep LaMotta off of him. It would be a mauling.

And no, we don't know what would have happened in those fights. Glass Jaw Roy fought nothing but jokes at 168, with the exception of Toney who was ridiculously out-of-shape for that fight. Just because you saw him clown all over blown-up and shot 135er Vinny Paz does not mean he would do the same to those guys I listed. Do I think they would be great fights? Absolutely, but Jones was NEVER invincible and the guys I listed can punch. It would have been quite interesting so it is really too bad that Jones opted for worthless fights like Paz and Tony Thornton.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #45
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
LaMotta had an Iron Chin. You could not KO the man and he was a relentless fighter who would walk through punches to pin his opponent on the ropes and let go. Roy never could handle pressure, never could take a punch, and he doesn't have the power to keep LaMotta off of him. It would be a mauling.

And no, we don't know what would have happened in those fights. Glass Jaw Roy fought nothing but jokes at 168, with the exception of Toney who was ridiculously out-of-shape for that fight. Just because you saw him clown all over blown-up and shot 135er Vinny Paz does not mean he would do the same to those guys I listed. Do I think they would be great fights? Absolutely, but Jones was NEVER invincible and the guys I listed can punch. It would have been quite interesting so it is really too bad that Jones opted for worthless fights like Paz and Tony Thornton.
Well you've kind of imploded your theory of Roy's glass jaw by writing this, because if Roy has a Glass Jaw that is destroyed by even feather-fisted pressure fighters, how did he go undefeated through the nineties beating the likes of Hopkins, Toney, Hill, Tarver, etc and becoming the fighter of the year?

Either he had a glass jaw the whole time but was too fast and skilled to have it exposed by ANYONE, including the likes of Lamotta, or he didn't have a glass jaw at all.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum