Old 07-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Official ChinCheckers June Glass Jaw Rankings***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santino View Post
That's the thing though MM, he won't fight anyone now with any punch power, I mean Bob will match him up well. Khan should be in top 10 but never that high I mean he is fighting on world level and hasn't been ko'd in a number of years now. Bute should def be higher, I mean he has fought 2 fighters with decent punch power and been ktfo brutally. Just only once officially as his promoters couldn't pay off the ref this time.
Eventually he has to. He can't make any money off of Jabfests with club fighters and the only rated WW at the moment that couldn't crack that abysmal Glass Jaw is Malignaggi. He might go on a bum tour for a bit, but he has to step up again and when he does he will be embarrassingly KOed. He is a joke.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #17
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

I definitely have Jones in the #1 spot.

Kirkland and Khan are a bit high, IMO, and Bute a bit low. Of course this list is subjective and has Knockout Artist as a voter, so I take it with a grain of salt.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #18
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
I definitely have Jones in the #1 spot.

Kirkland and Khan are a bit high, IMO, and Bute a bit low. Of course this list is subjective and has Knockout Artist as a voter, so I take it with a grain of salt.
Khan, I can see being placed lower, but Kirkland? Absolutely not. He got dribbled off of the canvas like a basketball by a Feather Fisted Japanese guy who had KOed 7 guys in 30 fights. He also got flattened by the very first power punch that landed against Angulo and nearly got himself KOed there. He has no skill and no Chin. None. The only person I see seriously challenging him for his Glass Jaw Title right now is RJJ if he takes the Wlod fight or Wilder if he ever fights anybody that wasn't pulled off of a honky tonk bar stool in Alabama.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
I'm pleased to see Enzo climbing the ladder from last month's poll, but there's still more to be done in this regard. He has, hands-down, the worst punch resistance I have ever seen in a professional fighter.
Kirkland is worse. By far. It is going to take one heck of a Glass Jaw to unseat him from the #1 position.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #20
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member

Finally!

I have to say, this was the first time I have submitted my rankings into the poll and it was very difficult indeed. There are so many glass jawed frauds in boxing that it's hard to just pick a top 10. I feel my list was acceptable though.
Arranmcl is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
JohnnyDogs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1587

Any list that fails to have Roid on the top of the list is an abomination.
JohnnyDogs is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #22
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDogs View Post
Any list that fails to have Roid on the top of the list is an abomination.
The Rankings were compiled via poll from ESB's most esteemed Punch Resistance Experts, there is little chance of error here. Glass Jaw Roy does have one of the worst Chins in Boxing today and had he been KOed by that Feather Fisted Pole I have no doubt that he would have been at the very top. However, he managed to barely avoid being flattened which is more than can be said for our current #1 Glass Jawed Fraud Kirkland who was brutally KOed by a Feather Fisted bum with a similar KO %. Rest assured, if Jones takes the Wlod fight, he will likely be back in the top spot.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Personally I don't think Khan should be above Macarenelli, but this list has taken into account the opinion of several esteemed posters.

Roy's chin is terrible, but I can't see James Kirkland being knocked off that top spot for a long time. You would have to scour hours and hours of fight footage, dating back several decades to find a display of punch resistance, worse than Kirkland against Ishida. He got floored by a jab! The only incident I can think of that's comparable is Kimbo Slice against Seth Petruzelli, but that was in MMA.

Terrific work once again MM
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #24
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Personally I don't think Khan should be above Macarenelli, but this list has taken into account the opinion of several esteemed posters.

Roy's chin is terrible, but I can't see James Kirkland being knocked off that top spot for a long time. You would have to scour hours and hours of fight footage, dating back several decades to find a display of punch resistance, worse than Kirkland against Ishida. He got floored by a jab! The only incident I can think of that's comparable is Kimbo Slice against Seth Petruzelli, but that was in MMA.

Terrific work once again MM
MMA is home to the absolute worst Chins in the World. It is a rare MMA event when there isn't at least one guy who is dropped or brutally KOed via Jab. It is embarrassingly bad.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #25
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Excellent list as always keep up the good work.
Pimp C is online now  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #26
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
Kirkland is worse. By far. It is going to take one heck of a Glass Jaw to unseat him from the #1 position.
Yeah, who else on that list got knocked down multiple times and then KTFO by some journeyman with 6 KOs?

Seriously, Kirkland's chin REDEFINES the glass jaw scale. It may be the worst chin I have ever seen in 35 years of following boxing.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #27
JohnnyDogs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
MMA is home to the absolute worst Chins in the World. It is a rare MMA event when there isn't at least one guy who is dropped or brutally KOed via Jab. It is embarrassingly bad.
This is quite true. And this guy is in the co-main event tonight. I watch mma but some of these guys are so unskilled it makes me wonder what qualifications are needed to be an mma fighter.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqA88T8ews[/ame]
JohnnyDogs is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #28
forreal
Chin doctor
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1464

Great list .. Awesome job guys..
As someone already mentioned it is tough to only pick 10 glass jawed frauds
forreal is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #29
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post

I need to start following MMA more closely!
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Yeah, who else on that list got knocked down multiple times and then KTFO by some journeyman with 6 KOs?

Seriously, Kirkland's chin REDEFINES the glass jaw scale. It may be the worst chin I have ever seen in 35 years of following boxing.
I think Glass Jaw Roy would have taken the #1 spot had Feather Fisted Glazewski KOed him (and he nearly did!) and I can also see him taking it if Wlod brutally KOs him simply because he will have been KOed more times Worldwide than any other fighter I can think of, but for now Kirkland is clearly the man to beat. I've never seen a display of Punch Resistance as pathetic as that that he put on against Ishida. He was literally dribbled off of the mat like a basketball and taken out in one round.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum