Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Better Prospect: Mago or Fortuna?

Great Friday night fight card.

Fortuna definately beat a better opponent in Cruz, a former champ, and he has much, much better all over skills. Great hand speed and nice use of movement to set it up.

But Mago has a chance to make a real impact on the heavyweight division, which, and lets be fair, apart from the Klits is filled with blown up cruisers, fat ****s, retreads, cowards, and prospects with padded records who refuse to fight each other. As a pure puncher, he just might be what the diviison has been searching for to breath some life.

So who will go farther overall?

By the way, how hillarious was it listening to Atlas treying to pronounce Abdulsalamov?
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
piscator
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Better Prospect: Mago or Fortuna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post

Fortuna definately beat a better opponent in Cruz, a former champ, and he has much, much better all over skills. Great hand speed and nice use of movement to set it up.

But Mago has a chance to make a real impact on the heavyweight division, which, and lets be fair, apart from the Klits is filled with blown up cruisers, fat ****s, retreads, cowards, and prospects with padded records who refuse to fight each other. As a pure puncher, he just might be what the diviison has been searching for to breath some life.

By the way, how hillarious was it listening to Atlas treying to pronounce Abdulsalamov?
Mago will cream Fortuna. He's got 100 pounds on him for Christ's sake.
piscator is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscator View Post
Mago will cream Fortuna. He's got 100 pounds on him for Christ's sake.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
houmzz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

From what i seen from both.I say Fortuna.
houmzz is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
piscator
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houmzz View Post
From what i seen from both.I say Fortuna.
piscator is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
piscator
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

I agree that Mago's fun to watch, and Wow, can he punch. But he's got to improve his defense.

Of course, I totally disagree with your characterization of the HW division. IMO, apart from a couple of slackers, it is stacked with some really good contenders, and more and more are coming up.
piscator is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree that Mago's fun to watch, and Wow, can he punch. But he's got to improve his defense.

Of course, I totally disagree with your characterization of the HW division. IMO, apart from a couple of slackers, it is stacked with some really good contenders, and more and more are coming up.
Actually, our characterization of the heavies does not diverge at all. I said that one of the chief categories include "prospects., " which is your "more and more are coming up."

There are indeed "really good contenders" like Fury and Povetkin, all of which have already turned doen Kilit fight, and other good ones like Chambers, Adamek, Solis, Arreola, etc. who have already lost.

I agree that many good fighters are coming up the ladder. In ten years, we are talking another seventies or nineties.

But name me a good contender now who is ready to go. I Think Pulev, and maybe, if he can win a couple of comeback fights, Helenius.
Right now, the heavyweight division sucks.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
piscator
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Actually, our characterization of the heavies does not diverge at all. I said that one of the chief categories include "prospects., " which is your "more and more are coming up."

There are indeed "really good contenders" like Fury and Povetkin, all of which have already turned doen Kilit fight, and other good ones like Chambers, Adamek, Solis, Arreola, etc. who have already lost.

I agree that many good fighters are coming up the ladder. In ten years, we are talking another seventies or nineties.

But name me a good contender now who is ready to go. I Think Pulev, and maybe, if he can win a couple of comeback fights, Helenius.
Right now, the heavyweight division sucks.
I think our characterization of the heavies does diverge, a lot. Your characterization: "blown up cruisers, fat ****s, retreads, cowards, and prospects with padded records who refuse to fight each other", and "Right now, the heavyweight division sucks.", doesn't vaguely resemble the way I'd characterize the division, LOL.

I agree with you that Helenius and Pulev, given another couple of fights, are probably gonna be as ready as they'll ever be to catch a Klit before he goes into an old folks home. Of course, the only reason we would say that any one of the top ten or so contenders is not "ready to go" is because in this era they would be facing two of the best HW's of all time, perhaps the best. They would definitely be "ready to go", IMO, in almost any other era.
piscator is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #9
TheMagicanBoy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
I think our characterization of the heavies does diverge, a lot. Your characterization: "blown up cruisers, fat ****s, retreads, cowards, and prospects with padded records who refuse to fight each other", and "Right now, the heavyweight division sucks.", doesn't vaguely resemble the way I'd characterize the division, LOL.

I agree with you that Helenius and Pulev, given another couple of fights, are probably gonna be as ready as they'll ever be to catch a Klit before he goes into an old folks home. Of course, the only reason we would say that any one of the top ten or so contenders is not "ready to go" is because in this era they would be facing two of the best HW's of all time, perhaps the best. They would definitely be "ready to go", IMO, in almost any other era.
Maybe in the 70's lmfao

in the 90's they will be cleaning toilets.

Jesus Christ, you sound like you actaully believe in what you wrote there.

Great A Stuff

keep living in a fantasy land
where 'the two best heavyweights of all time'

didn't quit against a former middleweight and lost to a golfer
TheMagicanBoy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum