Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
FIN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Sky are full of it

Ok il start off by saying excellent fight,Brook looked great the first 6 rounds but then gassed and looked tentative,Jones is one tough dude,i had Brook winning a close fight.
But Jones is nothing special and Brook struggled with him,this was suppose the be Brooks coming out fight,while i do think Brook is world class but i dont think he is top level world class,after the fight all the sky pundits praised Brook's performance,hardly said anything negative but hammered Proksa the classy Polish guy who beat Hope saying all the British middleweight guys would beat him,he was called over rated...

Sky are full of shit..
FIN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Muzza
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Sky are full of shit

They were saying Brook was brilliant when he just got hell against a guy they thought brook would confortably beat & even stop. I still think Brook has the talent to win a world title but alot of his weaknesses were exposed tonight, especially his inside game which was none existent. Just constant holding.
Muzza is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1500

Prosha might be overrated but so are all of the British middleweights, Proska has a change against all of them.

As for Kell Brook, i was entertained but i think a rematch should happen i scored it 115-113 Brook. Stamina issues for Kell in this fight and was a tad lucky he won, if he would have got hurt bit earlier instead of the 6th/7th round i think he would have lost on points.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
eminentair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Agreed
eminentair is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
bazza12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

Brook was terrible on the inside, but I knew this before.

I'm more worried about the questions about his diet etc. Attitude outside the ring should be sorted at this stage in his career.

BUT - I think your being a bit harsh on Jones too. He lost the first 5 possibly 6 rounds and still hung tough to make a fight of it and nearly wear Kell down, he has prospects at world level too.

I said before and I'll re-iterate it now, this was a step up for BOTH fighters. Congratulations to both for showing their quality, especially Brook for pulling out the win.
bazza12 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
gazrichards
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmue View Post
Prosha might be overrated but so are all of the British middleweights, Proska has a change against all of them.

As for Kell Brook, i was entertained but i think a rematch should happen i scored it 115-113 Brook. Stamina issues for Kell in this fight and was a tad lucky he won, if he would have got hurt bit earlier instead of the 6th/7th round i think he would have lost on points.
bollocks
barker would beat him comfortably on points as would murray.macklin would knock him out as would andy lee now hes coming back to fight in britain
gazrichards is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
hit me HARDER

vCash:

I'd like to see my mate Geard get a crack at Proska. I think he'd starch him.

About time the poor bastard got some luck.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
saturday_kid
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 905

Sky wont say a bad word about any of Eddie Hearn's poster boys.

It wasn't so long ago Sky wouldn't give Froch Tv yet now they go on like he is the saviour (I agree with them i'm just saying they're fickle bastards)

This Sky/Hearn love in is winding me up.

Might cancel the ****ers, especially as they are cutting on showing small hall bills.

Hearn wants it all about the glitz and the glamour and shows like lastnight.

But what about the small hall real battles we have saw over the years, not everything has to be an "event" aimed at the casual fans.

Sky can **** off, Hearn can **** off

I dont liek the fact that Boxnation is FW only, but I love how they do things as opposed to Sky (small hall bills, full undercard shown) - if only they would sign up with other promoters they'd be the saviour
saturday_kid is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #9
ElCep
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Didn't see the fight, but there is a reactionary tendency in boxing, when a up-and-coming guy struggles against a guy he should dominate, to say that he's somehow not what everyone thought. Well, most fighters, if not all, have bad nights, struggle with lesser opponents, have to dig deep to overcome. Brook could fighter a top guy and breeze past him, or he could fight a bum and look terrible, depending on the many variables in boxing. That's just the nature of the sport. However, reports of Brook gassing are worrying, that definitely shouldn't be happening. Also, this Jones guy is very far from a bum.
ElCep is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
RichDam
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday_kid View Post
Sky wont say a bad word about any of Eddie Hearn's poster boys.

It wasn't so long ago Sky wouldn't give Froch Tv yet now they go on like he is the saviour (I agree with them i'm just saying they're fickle bastards)

This Sky/Hearn love in is winding me up.

Might cancel the ****ers, especially as they are cutting on showing small hall bills.

Hearn wants it all about the glitz and the glamour and shows like lastnight.

But what about the small hall real battles we have saw over the years, not everything has to be an "event" aimed at the casual fans.

Sky can **** off, Hearn can **** off

I dont liek the fact that Boxnation is FW only, but I love how they do things as opposed to Sky (small hall bills, full undercard shown) - if only they would sign up with other promoters they'd be the saviour
So you would prefer Rob Norton against Leon Williams to a packed card, topped by a great fight....thought not.
RichDam is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Sky are full of shit..shock horror.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I much prefer one stacked, built up "event" show on a Saturday night than 2 or 3 no Mark walkovers which even half of us don't care about.

So far I'm all for the Hearn love in
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think that thus far, Hearn is delivering.

What people have to be careful of is to not let their like for him cloud what he's producing, the same with Allegedly.

Because he's an arse, he's held to a higher standard.

In fairness to Eddie, their business model is more to the liking of the real boxing fan, rather than the casual. There's no ''never been stopped'' or opponents from exotic countries with pretty looking records - so far.

Let's hope that continues.

At the end of the day, the likes of Allegedly, Maloney et al have had long enough to deliver these kind of fights, and simply haven't done so. The only real victim in this is Hatton, who's made Sky a fortune over the years and helped them piggyback some pretty average fighters of theirs into the limelight.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think that thus far, Hearn is delivering.

What people have to be careful of is to not let their like for him cloud what he's producing, the same with Allegedly.

Because he's an arse, he's held to a higher standard.

In fairness to Eddie, their business model is more to the liking of the real boxing fan, rather than the casual. There's no ''never been stopped'' or opponents from exotic countries with pretty looking records - so far.

Let's hope that continues.

At the end of the day, the likes of Allegedly, Maloney et al have had long enough to deliver these kind of fights, and simply haven't done so. The only real victim in this is Hatton, who's made Sky a fortune over the years and helped them piggyback some pretty average fighters of theirs into the limelight.
Spot on again BB.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Small hall shows are exactly what boxing on TV should be trying to get away from. If the main event is only going to sell 1000 tickets, how good of fight is it? And if it's only going to bring in money for 1000 seats, how feasible is it that you'll see a good undercard? More often than not, these 'small hall shows' have a shit main event between two fighters nobody cares about and an undercard consisting entirely of a good young fighter against a punching bag. It's boring. I'm tired of all these awful cards that you see on TV.

The only way for boxing to regain popularity is to be entertaining. Pit two fighters against each other who both have something to win and lose and that is enough. Sadly, however, this doesn't happen anywhere near enough in British boxing as it should do.

If it was W*rren in charge last night, Brook would have fought a name like Alfonso Gomez at best or some unknown fighter who doesn't have a chance. We wouldn't have had a great undercard fight in Rees/Matthews because that would have headlined it's own card. We wouldn't have seen Proksa/Hope II because that would also be a main event on a much smaller show. On the undercard of those two shows, we'd have seen Fielding, Yafai, Aston, Cardle and Purdy on TV against no hopers. BoxNation is something I object to because it's sole purpose is to have this sort of business plan and it's not fair on the fans. The people who buy tickets should be given a top to bottom good show and the fans at home should be given 3 interesting fights. Can you imagine Frank doing another Magnificent Seven card right now? They could have stacked Haye/Chisora but look at the dire undercard for that show, which is the perfect example of everything I'm talking about.

Hearn is delivering something for the fans, rather than himself, and that is commendable.
Jack is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum