Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #16
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800
Default Re: Surprised at how easily Sonnen folded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
This is the difference between the two fighters as I see it:

- Round 1, Silva was in Sonnen's world, he got held down, ate some GnP, got mounted... yet stayed calm and stayed strong

- Round 2, Sonnen was in Silva's world, but as soon as the fight turned Anderson's way, Sonnen panicked and bailed out

The true champion won the fight.
Good point but Sonnen put himself in Silvas world in round two. Hes a bit retarded even at the post fight.
chimba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 01:08 AM   #17
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I'm also glad Silva shut him up. But I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from Sonnen. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out with a barrel of excuses, or accusations.

And I agree, he folded a lot easier than I expected. He's the last guy I expected to crouch down and cover his face with his hands.

And Jnes, it sure looked that way at the end of the fight, but the beginning of the fight (and weeks leading up to it) Silva looked to be tense & uptight, and Sonnen appeared to be the confident one. Which made it all the more satisfying to see Silva regain his composure, get loose and creative with his striking towards the end. It was almost like he had a sudden surge of confidence.

I would have liked to see Sonnen receive a more prolonged beating, however - Silva did win in a decisive and brutal manner, so I'm happy about that.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #18
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
I'm also glad Silva shut him up. But I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from Sonnen. I wouldn't be surprised if he came out with a barrel of excuses, or accusations.
He can say whatever he wants now......itīs over, heīll never fight again with AS, no point anymore.
He should retire..
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #19
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

I did feel Sonnen folded quick, but I'm not sure about the knee to the chest, it looked like it bounced off his face first then to his chest. Not to mention Silva holding Sonnens shorts and taking multilple shots but that really wasn't that big a deal. Silva showed why's he's the best by doing what he does best, finish fights when given the chance.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #20
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

Knee was on point to the sternum, and his thigh bounced Chael's face back.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #21
Pound4poundx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
I did feel Sonnen folded quick, but I'm not sure about the knee to the chest, it looked like it bounced off his face first then to his chest. Not to mention Silva holding Sonnens shorts and taking multilple shots but that really wasn't that big a deal. Silva showed why's he's the best by doing what he does best, finish fights when given the chance.
Well said! U simply cannot make a mistake against Silva! He's the greatest finisher in UFC history.
Pound4poundx is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #22
hero87
Journeyman

that what you get when you fight the greatest when he 100%
hero87 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #23
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I am.

Sonnen has a great chin, was permitted to use TRT, had never been properly stopped...

And all it took was one knee to the body and a few glancing shots on the ground for his big challenge to be over.

I expected a lot more resistance from him. I guess that knee to the chest must've been completely debilitating.

Still, he really didn't talk the talk in the end.

WWE beckons.
No,

Sonnen is a typica american loud moth, rude, arrogant who got his ass handed to him.
He was also bitter in defeat and showed he is not only a good fighter, he is not a great person.

I am happy he got his ass handed to him !
pourya is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #24
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Funny thing is that Sonne was saying how Silva's resistance was surprisingly low, and when he got the knee he folded up like a 2 dollar whore.
He offered no resistance, folded up like a baby and now is crying on mummy's lap!
pourya is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #25
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I am.

Sonnen has a great chin, was permitted to use TRT, had never been properly stopped...

And all it took was one knee to the body and a few glancing shots on the ground for his big challenge to be over.

I expected a lot more resistance from him. I guess that knee to the chest must've been completely debilitating.

WWE beckons.
Agree'd

But ..................... Silva's knee landed clean , and he does have great knee's , ill have to watch it again to form proper judgement but when i seen it live i was very much of the same opinion

And i still am , steroid cheating cunt , like I've said there was an air about Sonnen that he just knew he was going to lose at some point in the fight , talk is cheap and Sonnen talked a lot , after the first round of complete dominance as well ?? , very very questionable
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #26
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I am.

WWE beckons.
Also surprising.

He was dominating round 1, but looked rushed all the time and like he was getting more tired than Silva.

Then in round 2 it seemed like Silva broke him mentally (with him calmness) and he just wanted to get out of there...

Strange...
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

**** off popkins
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #28
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Very simple Anderson Silva = The Best. No other way to put it then that. I kept hearing all day at work about what Sonnen would do and I agreed but there was no way he was going to win. Yes he would whoop Silva's ass agian but he still wasnt going to win. It appears that Anderson is near impossible to stop and how are you going to go the complete 25 minutes without suffering a submission or a knockout loss ? Chael 2 years ago fought as perfect as you could possibly fight vs Anderson and it still wasnt enough. Anderson Silva is the GOAT IMO.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Glass Sternums exist in MMA.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #30
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I think Sonnen was exhausted as much as anything. Sonnen expended a lot of energy that 1st round, and he wasn't at a 16.9/1 t/e ratio for this fight.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum