Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #31
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438
Default Re: Anderson Silva would have made a great world champion in boxing (LHW) or Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by don owens View Post
Those guys are not tough. anymore. perhaps long ago. aikido is a joke and has been for some time. Training in Japan doesn't mean anything. Seagal trained there, married a daughter of a big shot aikido guy and was given a dojo. it did not do well. he went to USA and met James Coburn and was helped into the movies. PR movie maker machinery started. people think he is/was a bad ass. doesn't make it so.
He is and always has been a *****. he is a fat slob. a phony. went to the tibetan buddhists and was declared a reincarnated Tookul, (sp). give me a ****ing break. this man is more delusional than someone telling me they are Popye the sailor man.

Aikido nowadays is soft but Seagal trained in the original lineage. He trained with the students and family of O Sensei Ueshiba. Ueshiba was a bad mother****er and so are most of the guys in his lineage. Segal trained in the 70's which is very differnt that the schools today. The Aikido shools today are more like Tai Chi. Back then they were still joint attacking,bone breaking,blood chokes etc
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #32
theflyest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva would have made a great world champion in boxing (LHW) or Cruiser

he has good hands...for mma. Nothing more. He tried boxing & got his ass knocked out. He had to go over to mma
theflyest is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #33
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
So why does he command respect of real MMA fighters?
Because he's a larger than life character. Go look in the MMA section for the thread, can't be asred to go into it all again.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #34
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Sure he has good boxing skills for a UFC fighter but not nearly good enough to make to to the top as a professional boxer. Had he superior boxing skills he would be boxing as a professional making a lot more money than fighting in UFC for little money.

Silva tried boxing he got KOed by a bum in his debut and knew MMA is better for him.
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #35
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Pacquiao lost too in his early years, what does that have to do with anything? Pacquiao is def a different fighter now, so is Anderson. Anderson's striking is just insanity.
Anderon's MT isn't even top draw let alone his hands. Pac kept going, Silva binned it.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #36
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haggis Mc Jackass. since you asked I will give a partial answer. There are things in your life, reason would say, that I know nothing about.
I started studying Martial Art, not the mcdojo prevalent shit found everywhere, at the age of 14. I lived it. I ran, did big work, sparred, fought in competition, fought any and all comers for decades, not years. I have forgotten more about martial arts and fighting than most will ever know. I worked shit jobs so I could go here and go there to learn. I cared not for the things I saw other people seeking after. These things seemed like lucre to me. I was willing to suffer and even die. I am still alive, obviously.

I studied under Takashi Akusawa, the greatest representative of Tomasaburo Okano of the Kenkojuku organization in Japan and founder of Tokyo Karate Do, in the United States. I went from white belt to Eight degree black belt. I also know there are a gazillion black belts that cannot fight their way our of a wet paper bag. Much like your own level of understanding.
I learned a very important thing. Most people don't know the difference between apple butter and shit. Both substances are brown, both have a pungeant smell, both can be spread on toast. Most people, like yourself, tend to value shit over apple butter.

I know more about Fatty Seagal than I care to know. 'Black Belt, White LIes" an article in Esquire, or Gq, many years ago. Not the only source. He is full of shit and so are you.
Trained lots of people, spent my life in it. this is how I came to know the difference between shit and apple butter. You don't know the difference yet, good luck
don owens is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #37
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

He'd **** any boxer in an anything goes fight. What a man
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #38
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
He earns much more than a million per fight. Not tens of millions, but he will have cleared better than three million dollars tonight. He gets a cut of the PPV buys, which forms the bulk of his purse and which is not listed in his disclosed pay.

Why don't he fight the top boxers? He could make more then that in boxing. I have actually looked at what mma guys make. I was looking at what st pierre made his last fight and it was 700 thousand. Thats ****ing penauts in boxing for a star boxer.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #39
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Because he's a larger than life character. Go look in the MMA section for the thread, can't be asred to go into it all again.
Yeah well he did train with the family of the guy who invented Aikido and he is a very good fighter. not a prizefighter but he is skilled. But the again,most of the teachers who taught the top UFC/MMA guys were not prize fighters either.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #40
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I love threads like this...
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #41
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Feels like groundhog day! **** me!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #42
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Haggis Mc Jackass. since you asked I will give a partial answer. There are things in your life, reason would say, that I know nothing about.
I started studying Martial Art, not the mcdojo prevalent shit found everywhere, at the age of 14. I lived it. I ran, did big work, sparred, fought in competition, fought any and all comers for decades, not years. I have forgotten more about martial arts and fighting than most will ever know. I worked shit jobs so I could go here and go there to learn. I cared not for the things I saw other people seeking after. These things seemed like lucre to me. I was willing to suffer and even die. I am still alive, obviously.

I studied under Takashi Akusawa, the greatest representative of Tomasaburo Okano of the Kenkojuku organization in Japan and founder of Tokyo Karate Do, in the United States. I went from white belt to Eight degree black belt. I also know there are a gazillion black belts that cannot fight their way our of a wet paper bag. Much like your own level of understanding.
I learned a very important thing. Most people don't know the difference between apple butter and shit. Both substances are brown, both have a pungeant smell, both can be spread on toast. Most people, like yourself, tend to value shit over apple butter.

I know more about Fatty Seagal than I care to know. 'Black Belt, White LIes" an article in Esquire, or Gq, many years ago. Not the only source. He is full of shit and so are you.
Trained lots of people, spent my life in it. this is how I came to know the difference between shit and apple butter. You don't know the difference yet, good luck

I did not lay claim to any expertise myself, merely asked a question of you. Since that is your background, I can freely acknowledge that you have enough investment in martial arts to make a judgement call on Seagal. Certainly you have far more background knowledge than I do.

A guy talking shit whose complete knowledge base is "**** Seagal, fat-assed phony" is different from someone who actually knows what he's talking about. I asked you what you had done in your life to make such an assessment of Seagal. You answered me - fair enough, I am happy with your response.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #43
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Why don't he fight the top boxers? He could make more then that in boxing. I have actually looked at what mma guys make. I was looking at what st pierre made his last fight and it was 700 thousand. Thats ****ing penauts in boxing for a star boxer.
St-Pierre is on record in an interview as saying that a fight is worth "between 4-5 million" for him. He will likely make more than that on his return, as the anticipation will be huge. His income may be listed at $700,000, but the sponsorship and cut of the PPV add up to much more than that and are not part of the public record.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #44
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

You are a very interesting person. I would have liked to talk more about the Arts with you. Concerning Seagal,I can only go by what I heard and have researched. I dont think there is a reason to get disrespectful (unless you're on you're period)
I know there are many Mcdojo's out in the world and I know about many of the scams,self promoted black belts and I'd bet I could surprise you with my knowledge on certain things.
But since you are in such a bitchy mood I have to respond with my own attitude because as we all know,whatever the action,so is the response.
I bet you are a self promoted black belt who was a weak minded follower of a senile old teacher.
I wish we could fight and then I would have liked to make love to your bitch ass.
Queensbury rules or street rules,I would have ****ed you. Now piss off scumbag.

Last edited by JeanPaulValley; 07-08-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: bc
Old 07-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #45
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haggis, I';ll be damned. You have angered me at times. And just when I am convinced I don't like your damned ass, you go and do something like this and make me respect you. Now that really pisses me off, at myself. Please forgive my ass holeness.
don owens is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum