boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #46
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson Silva would have made a great world champion in boxing (LHW) or Cruiser

Jeanvalley. fine. i am in the memphis tennesse area. i don't have the finances to travel. come here and i will gladly go with you to a dojo or gym. you will lose, but the invitation is here for all to see. **** you. google akusawa he was not senile. That is not the relevent point. i know what i will and can do. come to memphis and lets do it. ****.
don owens is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #47
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Anderson Silva would have made a great world champion in boxing (LHW) or Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by don owens View Post
Haggis, I';ll be damned. You have angered me at times. And just when I am convinced I don't like your damned ass, you go and do something like this and make me respect you. Now that really ****es me off, at myself. Please forgive my ass holeness.

It's no problem. You are an American. Us foreigners have learned to get past that if we want to interact with you guys at all.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #48
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Anderson evolved a lot his stand up since the days he fought pro boxing.....

In Chute Boxe the trainning was more based in pure toughness, power and agression than on skills.......his skills and speed clearly evolved a lot since the Chute Boxe days.

With that said.......I believe he could be very good at Boxing or Kickboxing if he trained only one of these. I mean, put him to train only Boxing with a trainer like Emanuel Steward and I believe he wouldn´t be that bad, he would be a good fighter IMO.
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #49
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Why don't he fight the top boxers? He could make more then that in boxing. I have actually looked at what mma guys make. I was looking at what st pierre made his last fight and it was 700 thousand. Thats ****ing penauts in boxing for a star boxer.
TBH he woudn't....

top 5 most paid boxer prolly make more then any MMA figher, but after that the top 10 MMA fighter are prolly paid more then any boxer on the planet... !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #50
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
St-Pierre is on record in an interview as saying that a fight is worth "between 4-5 million" for him. He will likely make more than that on his return, as the anticipation will be huge. His income may be listed at $700,000, but the sponsorship and cut of the PPV add up to much more than that and are not part of the public record.

It does not matter he still makes less then the top boxers. And they would have silva in their pocket and would hand him his ass if he ever stepped into a boxing ring.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #51
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Quote:
Jeanvalley. fine. i am in the memphis tennesse area. i don't have the finances to travel. come here and i will gladly go with you to a dojo or gym. you will lose, but the invitation is here for all to see. **** you. google akusawa he was not senile. That is not the relevent point. i know what i will and can do. come to memphis and lets do it. ****.
I love Memphis. I always wanted to see all that Elvis stuff. Anyway,I'm sure you cant take a sustained beating and you most likely have a glass jaw and bad habits from your cute kata moves.
Perhaps one day in the near future,we can get together and have some ****ing fun-I hope you swallow.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #52
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

cute, but you are the ***git. i offered you the chance. it is open. you are a big mouth bogus ****. come and find out *****.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:31 AM   #53
Dillyyo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
He's more technically gifted and sound than Chad Dawson, I'm pretty sure many would not disagree with this. Great striking (Yes mma striking is different) but his speed is just incredible, great power and has great reflexes.
GTFOH. AS gets smoked in a boxing ring and especially by someone like CD.
Dillyyo is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #54
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 438

Quote:
cute, but you are the ***git. i offered you the chance. it is open. you are a big mouth bogus ****. come and find out *****.
Be careful what you wish for ***y. You're gonna be humbled.

Last edited by JeanPaulValley; 07-08-2012 at 03:35 AM. Reason: bc
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #55
Brand NOOBian
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qntHWtZqWaY[/ame]

This clip is old, but any thoughts on his strictly-boxing?
Brand NOOBian is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #56
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Those guys are not tough. anymore. perhaps long ago. aikido is a joke and has been for some time. Training in Japan doesn't mean anything. Seagal trained there, married a daughter of a big shot aikido guy and was given a dojo. it did not do well. he went to USA and met James Coburn and was helped into the movies. PR movie maker machinery started. people think he is/was a bad ass. doesn't make it so.
He is and always has been a *****. he is a fat slob. a phony. went to the tibetan buddhists and was declared a reincarnated Tookul, (sp). give me a ****ing break. this man is more delusional than someone telling me they are Popye the sailor man.
Lucky these guys didnt train Sambo when Sambo was still at its infancy, now that was tough.

It was basically you fight and the looser dies.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #57
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
Why don't he fight the top boxers? He could make more then that in boxing. I have actually looked at what mma guys make. I was looking at what st pierre made his last fight and it was 700 thousand. Thats ****ing penauts in boxing for a star boxer.

That's his base salary. He gets a PPV cut and has endorsements from major companies. GSP has said that he clears 5 to 6 million per fight. Silva got paid 7 million for his fight tonight. Silva also has endorsement deals out the ass in Brazil because he's a national celebrity down there now.

That's not Mayweather/Pac money, but it's on par with what the guys who are right below them on the pay scale in boxing make.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #58
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jeanvalley, ***** boy. humility is a virtue is it not. you want to humble me. perhaps I need it. and yeah, i am asking for it, so let your conscience be at rest. bring me some.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #59
don owens
Contender
ESB Senior Member

monaroCountry, you are correct, sir.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #60
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
That's his base salary. He gets a PPV cut and has endorsements from major companies. GSP has said that he clears 5 to 6 million per fight. Silva got paid 7 million for his fight tonight. Silva also has endorsement deals out the ass in Brazil because he's a national celebrity down there now.

That's not Mayweather/Pac money, but it's on par with what the guys who are right below them on the pay scale in boxing make.
Plus, once you get past the small handful of guys who command the big paydays, boxer's earnings fall off a cliff. And boxing is a sport with an established tradition and mainstream profile going back over a century. Silva, GSP and co are competing in a sport that was basically illegal 15 years ago. And they are employees of a company that was a money pit on the verge of bankruptcy less than a decade ago.

You wouldn't expect pay parity yet, but on balance the UFC headliners are doing fine. And the Mayweather/Pacman/Cotto earnings aren't representative of boxing as a whole.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum