Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liger05 View Post
Legendry. I have never like forrest. I never got the overraction to the griffen and Bonner fight either. Was more like a sloppy bar room brawl than a professional fight.
It happened because Rogan called the fight the Hagler Hearns of the UFC......That statement reeked of so much outstanding fail it begs belief.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #17
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

He thought he lost so he ran. It was the sort of fight that if you were involved in it you might think you lost cos you remember being knocked down twice and put on your back. In reality, Griffin was so busy he made up for bad moments.

If Forrest could employ a strategy he could beat Tito 3-0 every time but he is busy and tenacious and in every fight will lose a take down or a big shot as a result.

Tito loves a sound bite but hes got short arms and struggles to box and his stamina never has been as incredible as he claims it to be. If he puts you on your back then he is good because is so big and strong but also because he is a big guy with short arms so he can GnP with good effect.

It was a damage vs accumulation argument but I think accumulation edges it this time. Sure Tito got the kd and td but for long periods he was just eating shot after shot. I know he called it pitter patter but I always say that if its pitter patter you should be able to outpunch or counter it easily - he did neither.

Tito also likes to talk about how brave he is but I think he has quit in him. No doubt he is a warrior but he isn't some unstoppable force who doesn't consider retreat. He looked tired and wilting from the first/second round and for long periods would not be engaging or looking to kill or be killed.

I think the trilogy ended right, Griffin overall was the better fighter - faster, better striker, better jits, better stamina, more tenacious and only a little weaker on top BUT I think if he embraced his wrestling more he could have put Tito on his back and won it but he seemed to concede that he isn't as good a wrestler.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not a Tito fan, but that shit was way out of line. Tito deserved to have his moment in the cage. I don't understand why somebody from Zuffa management didn't grab the mic from Griffin and tell him to stand in the corner.

It's mind-boggling that he's been one of the more popular fighters in the promotion.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #19
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

This isnt the 1st time Forrest has made an ass out of himself. Someone already showed him running away after the Anderson fight and dont forget him crying like a child after Jardine stopped him. Tito fought very well and has had a great career and props to him. Forrest gets on my nerves. Why would you leave when the decision hasnt been announced yet ? Then interview him the way you did ? It just screams douche.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #20
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
Not a Tito fan, but that shit was way out of line. Tito deserved to have his moment in the cage. I don't understand why somebody from Zuffa management didn't grab the mic from Griffin and tell him to stand in the corner.

It's mind-boggling that he's been one of the more popular fighters in the promotion.
I guess Dana told him to "get the **** back in there' and that's why he ran back in, it looked stupid and nobody finds it amuzing to mention disrespected Tito's farewell.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #21
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
This isnt the 1st time Forrest has made an ass out of himself. Someone already showed him running away after the Anderson fight and dont forget him crying like a child after Jardine stopped him. Tito fought very well and has had a great career and props to him. Forrest gets on my nerves. Why would you leave when the decision hasnt been announced yet ? Then interview him the way you did ? It just screams douche.
Thats because he is one. The UFC hype machine got behind Griffin in a big way. Turns out he's as much an asshole in real life as he is on camera. The fact the guys barely one up from a journeyman makes it all even more painful to absorb. When his career is over i for one won't miss him. If it wasn't for his brand recognition he'd have been banished to the bush leagues years ago. Problem is the shits a popularity contest. Hence why he still remains relevant.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #22
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Forrest is a weirdo, plain and simple. You can't try to explain or justify his actions because there is a certain level of mental disability there. You can see it in his ultra awkward interviews. His brain doesn't process situations like your average joe - things like being embarrassed, not making awkward comments, respectful, not intrusive etc It just doesn't register in his head 100% of the time.

Think about it, we only see Forrest occassionally. If you spent the majority of his week with him, week in, week out, then he'd either come across as not so loopy or even worse.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #23
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post

Agree totally with these two posts. As I said, I don't like Tito much, but his farewell was soured by a ****ing moron. Shouldn't have been like that.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #24
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Forrest is an asshole. Simple as that. I met the guy in person. Total douchebag.
eze is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
thanosone
I Am Eternal
ESB Senior Member

Tito lost the fight. He got to talk for about three minutes and so his farewell thing.
Griffin is just an idiot. But he did share the spotlight with Tito. Hope Griffin never fights again, he sucks. He can't even throw a punch.
thanosone is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Yep a-hole move on Griffins part. I really wanted Tito to win and showed he was the more skilled fighter despite gassing from the 2nd on.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #27
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

not defending forrest but please just keep in mind he gets hit in the head ALOT..
hes the homer simpson of mma..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #28
Atlanta
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
Forrest is an asshole. Simple as that. I met the guy in person. Total douchebag.
Did you ask him to sign a Tapout T-Shirt?
Atlanta is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #29
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Forrest has issues beyond being ugly and kinda dumb. I think he'd be an interesting guy to spend some time with.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #30
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanosone View Post
Tito lost the fight. He got to talk for about three minutes and so his farewell thing.
Griffin is just an idiot. But he did share the spotlight with Tito. Hope Griffin never fights again, he sucks. He can't even throw a punch.
Wow, Marvin Hagler posts here! Tell us all how to throw a punch so that we don't suck as bad as a pro fighter like Forrest Griffin! Please Mr. Hagler?

Anyway, yeah, he acts really strange after fights, but the people saying "he sucks" or "he should be in the bush leagues" aren't saying that about the people he's beaten in the last few years (Shogun, Franklin, Rampage). He was in the right place at the right time to win the title and no one will ever say he's anywhere near an ATG or anything, but he's a pretty damned good gatekeeper.
Wilhelm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum