Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #31
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: nashville tennessee
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Forrest said he was depressed. Thats why he left LOL weird.....but yea Tito kD Forrest and took him down but that's all he did. Every other second he was getting punched And kicked. Forrest had 146 standing strikes to Tito's 50.nearly tripled. Only think Forrest was down on was ground strikes and takedowns. I had.him winning the fight easy. But the.post fight was weird Forrest was trying to be funny. He.said in the post fight conference he didn't think it would.mean that much to Tito. But he apologized and they are good I think.
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #32
Mac0607
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Karma coming back to bite him in the ass for what he did to Coleman.
Mac0607 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #33
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsXebR94VIw[/ame]

Jump to the 3:00 mark.
Thom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #34
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dark side of the Moon
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Dana should make Forrest fight Glover Teixeira as punishment.
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #35
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Thats because he is one. The UFC hype machine got behind Griffin in a big way. Turns out he's as much an asshole in real life as he is on camera. The fact the guys barely one up from a journeyman makes it all even more painful to absorb. When his career is over i for one won't miss him. If it wasn't for his brand recognition he'd have been banished to the bush leagues years ago. Problem is the shits a popularity contest. Hence why he still remains relevant.
Is it as painful as the fact that he beat up and submitted Shogun Rua?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #36
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Is it as painful as the fact that he beat up and submitted Shogun Rua?

There was more pain involved when an older, but better prepared, Shogun showed up for the rematch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #37
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
There was more pain involved when an older, but better prepared, Shogun showed up for the rematch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Was that the fight where Griffin's wife was in the States giving birth to his first child while he was in the cage in Brazil?

Yeah, that fight doesn't count against Forrest.

See how easy that game is?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #38
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Was that the fight where Griffin's wife was in the States giving birth to his first child while he was in the cage in Brazil?

Yeah, that fight doesn't count against Forrest.

See how easy that game is?

It's one thing to say you can't fight because you are injured. It's another to say you can't because your wife is.

See how easy that is?
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #39
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Dont **** with him Rek, he has vcash
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #40
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
It's one thing to say you can't fight because you are injured. It's another to say you can't because your wife is.

See how easy that is?
If the birth of your first child while you are thousands of miles away isn't an acceptable reason for not being 100% focused and ready to give your best fight, then nothing is. The mental game is no less important than the physical - Forrest made a career out of winning fights he was physically outmatched in simply because he had more heart and desire than his opponent. That night, he was only thinking about whether his wife and kid were OK, and how much he wanted the fight to be over so he could get back and see them as quickly as possible.

If, however you are recovering from surgery, then you lose all your excuses when you choose to step into the cage. If Shogun wasn't yet healthy the first time around, then he shouldn't have signed the fight. Forrest's loss is more excusable than Shogun's, especially with the distance in skill and greatness between them apparently being measured in light years.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #41
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
If the birth of your first child while you are thousands of miles away isn't an acceptable reason for not being 100% focused and ready to give your best fight, then nothing is. The mental game is no less important than the physical - Forrest made a career out of winning fights he was physically outmatched in simply because he had more heart and desire than his opponent. That night, he was only thinking about whether his wife and kid were OK, and how much he wanted the fight to be over so he could get back and see them as quickly as possible.
So he just threw the fight so he could hurry and fly back. Is that your argument? If the childbirth was such a big deal, why did he accept the fight? I'm from the south eastern US. Even us country bumpkins know it takes 9 months to have a baby. Forrest would have known his wife was pregnant by Feb of 2011. He didn't fight Shogun until the end of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
If, however you are recovering from surgery, then you lose all your excuses when you choose to step into the cage. If Shogun wasn't yet healthy the first time around, then he shouldn't have signed the fight. Forrest's loss is more excusable than Shogun's, especially with the distance in skill and greatness between them apparently being measured in light years.

Sitting out of a fight is all well and good, unless you need the money.

How is Forrest's loss more excusable? He knew his wife was pregnant. He knew the due date months ahead.

The distance and skill and greatness was measurable in light years, and it showed in the rematch.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:35 AM   #42
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
So he just threw the fight so he could hurry and fly back. Is that your argument? If the childbirth was such a big deal, why did he accept the fight? I'm from the south eastern US. Even us country bumpkins know it takes 9 months to have a baby. Forrest would have known his wife was pregnant by Feb of 2011. He didn't fight Shogun until the end of August.


Sitting out of a fight is all well and good, unless you need the money.

How is Forrest's loss more excusable? He knew his wife was pregnant. He knew the due date months ahead.

The distance and skill and greatness was measurable in light years, and it showed in the rematch.
1) Due dates aren't an exact science. I don't know the specifics behind that particular pregnancy, but there is more than a month's worth of variation. A normal baby can be two weeks late or three weeks premature.

2) Personally, I am of the opinion that when you enter the cage, you accept what happens. I have no issue with Shogun's KO of Forrest. It just gives me the shits that the MMA "experts" here completely ignore Forrest tooling and submitting Shogun, but Shogun KOing Forrest was completely legit. As far as I can see it they are 1-1, with both of them having beaten up and stopped the other. The way you hear it around here, it's Shogun The Legend 1-0 over that bum Forrest, and the first fight never even happened.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #43
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!



Geez your funny when you are backtracking
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:52 AM   #44
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post


Geez your funny when you are backtracking
I'm not backtracking, Stoo.

I have simply stated that Rua's KO victory can be handwaved away just like Forrest's submission win always is.

Personally, I see it as the record book sees it. Both of them have a stoppage win over the other. Dig a little deeper than the black and white, and both men have excuses for their loss, if we as fans choose to accept them.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #45
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I'm not backtracking, Stoo.


Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Was that the fight where Griffin's wife was in the States giving birth to his first child while he was in the cage in Brazil?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
If the birth of your first child while you are thousands of miles away isn't an acceptable reason for not being 100% focused and ready to give your best fight, then nothing is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
1) Due dates aren't an exact science. I don't know the specifics behind that particular pregnancy, but there is more than a month's worth of variation. A normal baby can be two weeks late or three weeks premature.


No Haggis, you tried to pass off his Wife being pregnant as a valid excuse because Shogun legitimately had knee surgery and needed the money. Both men have losses this is true, but I think knee surgery is more valid than Pregnancy myself.

You yet again tried to turn this thread into a PRIDE v UFC bullshit, Rek pwned you, now you are back tracking

You need a new act kid


Last edited by Stoo; 07-09-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013