Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #46
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Why did Forrest completely ruin Tito's farewell?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
No Haggis, you tried to pass off his Wife being pregnant as a valid excuse because Shogun legitimately had knee surgery and needed the money. Both men have losses this is true, but I think knee surgery is more valid than Pregnancy myself.

You yet again tried to turn this thread into a PRIDE v UFC bullshit, Rek pwned you, now you are back tracking

You need a new act kid

No Stoo, an excuse for one is the same as an excuse for the other.

Shogun doesn't get a pass for losing because he had knee surgery months before the fight. And Forrest doesn't get a pass for his wife having a baby. When they step into the cage, they must accept whatever happens- positive or negative - as contributing to their legacy. We might know that one fighter is diminished for whatever reason, but we have no way of knowing exactly how much or exactly how this would have impacted the fight. All we have is what actually happens in the cage.

JDS was injured in his title bout against Cain. If he had been outwrestled, we could complain that he wasn't 100%.* But he won the fight anyway, so it doesn't matter. As it wouldn't mattered if Shogun had walked through Forrest as expected.

It's not about "**** Shogun" or "**** PRIDE", it's just about reality vs speculation and opinion. All of my favourite fighters have suffered embarrassing losses that I wish they could take away. All fighters suffer that, it's part of the fight game.

* Postscript: I know Cain wasn't 100% either, but he lost quickly enough that it didn't matter )
Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #47
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
No Stoo, an excuse for one is the same as an excuse for the other.

Shogun doesn't get a pass for losing because he had knee surgery months before the fight. And Forrest doesn't get a pass for his wife having a baby. When they step into the cage, they must accept whatever happens- positive or negative - as contributing to their legacy. We might know that one fighter is diminished for whatever reason, but we have no way of knowing exactly how much or exactly how this would have impacted the fight. All we have is what actually happens in the cage.

JDS was injured in his title bout against Cain. If he had been outwrestled, we could complain that he wasn't 100%.* But he won the fight anyway, so it doesn't matter. As it wouldn't mattered if Shogun had walked through Forrest as expected.

It's not about "**** Shogun" or "**** PRIDE", it's just about reality vs speculation and opinion. All of my favourite fighters have suffered embarrassing losses that I wish they could take away. All fighters suffer that, it's part of the fight game.

Why bring it up then dickhead More ****ing backtracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
If the birth of your first child while you are thousands of miles away isn't an acceptable reason for not being 100% focused and ready to give your best fight, then nothing is. The mental game is no less important than the physical - Forrest made a career out of winning fights he was physically outmatched in simply because he had more heart and desire than his opponent. That night, he was only thinking about whether his wife and kid were OK, and how much he wanted the fight to be over so he could get back and see them as quickly as possible.

If, however you are recovering from surgery, then you lose all your excuses when you choose to step into the cage.
If Shogun wasn't yet healthy the first time around, then he shouldn't have signed the fight. Forrest's loss is more excusable than Shogun's, especially with the distance in skill and greatness between them apparently being measured in light years.

You ****ing hopeless Haggis, ****ing hopeless
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #48
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

cause he couldn't see the trees for the Forrest!

Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #49
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
cause he couldn't see the trees for the Forrest!

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #50
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well...

No Haggis, you tried to pass off his Wife being pregnant as a valid excuse because Shogun legitimately had knee surgery and needed the money. Both men have losses this is true, but I think knee surgery is more valid than Pregnancy myself.
Reading it back, I should have used a rather than a .

With the bolded, this is opinion. What happens in the cage is reality. Personally, I think that Forrest should have been able to channel his emotions better in the rematch. But a focused and motivated Forrest would certainly have put up a much better contest. How much better? That's speculation. We only have what unfolded in the cage. That's why they make the fights.

Quote:
You yet again tried to turn this thread into a PRIDE v UFC bullshit, Rek pwned you, now you are back tracking
I haven't mentioned PRIDE or disrespected Rua. I've watched him win his tournament, I respect the guy as a fighter. I'm not his biggest fan and I do think his PRIDE performances were steroid-fuelled, but he's obviously an exciting fighter with a strong legacy.

But I am of the opinion that once a fighter steps into the cage, any fighter, then he is fully responsible for his performance. If he loses, then he lost. By extension, if he wins, then he gets the credit. Shogun gets the credit for kicking Forrest's ass, and Forrest gets the credit for submitting him. Saying what would have happened if..... is bullshit. Sometimes, shit happens, you're not in good condition and you still win the fight.

If you're physically too old, then sure. But if you're injured or you're sick or your grandmother died.... well, that's just an excuse. And an excuse only serves to take credit away from the man who stepped into the cage, put himself on the line, and won the fight. That applies for GSP, for BJ Penn, for Struve, for all my favourite fighters.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #51
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im not even going to read that haggis, my final say is you are slowly becoming a forum wide joke of MoronoCunty proportions

Have a nice day
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #52
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Im not even going to read that haggis, my final say is you are slowly becoming a forum wide joke of MoronoCunty proportions

Have a nice day
I am not even taking a side or trying to start shit with anybody.

But you are determined to flutter around from thread to thread, taking bullshit little snipes at me wherever you see my posts. You are not interested in having a civil conversation with me at all, and there is nothing that I can type that will encourage you to do anything but respond with emoticons and one-line random insults. So how about you just do what I have suggested several times before, and just stop following me around trying to pick stupid little slap-fights with me.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #53
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

No
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #54
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

I'm so ****in happy to have sitted out of this one...

Double standard in action like always....gotta love ESB
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #55
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

ach well nev..... disagreements are a big part of any forum. dont always agree with stoo or the hag but they're both good at arguing (ive only had to whoop em a few times)
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #56
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
ach well nev..... disagreements are a big part of any forum. dont always agree with stoo or the hag but they're both good at arguing (ive only had to whoop em a few times)

His last half-dozen posts in this thread:

Quote:
Dont **** with him Rek, he has vcash
Quote:

Geez your funny when you are backtracking
Quote:
Well...

You need a new act kid

Quote:
Why bring it up then dickhead More ****ing backtracking

You ****ing hopeless Haggis, ****ing hopeless
Quote:
Quote:

Have a nice day
Quote:
No

That's not "good at arguing", mate. He's just a troll. That's what he likes to do on this forum. He could argue, he's capable of it, but he just likes to pick somebody to troll and be a dick to. If it's not me it's somebody else. That's what 90% of his posts are. Just him being a dick to somebody, using emoticons and short insults. And he follows you around yapping for your attention.

The part in red is highlighted because he is agreeing with what I was saying, yet he's so hung up on being a dick that he can't even do anything but throw schoolyard insults at me for no reason.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #57
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

i know this is the internet haggis but aint you got any shame
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #58
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
i know this is the internet haggis but aint you got any shame
It gets a bit old, having this ****ing guy follow me around sniffing my underwear in every single thread I post in.

Besides, I type and read really fast. So it's not like I'm sitting there laboriously typing out an essay. I never spend more than a minute or two on a reply.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #59
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Anyway...Forrest Griffin...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #60
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Forrest acted like a complete douche
BewareofDawg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum