Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #16
soren321R

vCash: 500
Default Re: Shadow box (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Out of all of the guys on this thread BB is the one I'd take most notice of.
Then he could give me some advice instead of saying such things
soren321R is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #17
soren321R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Roger View Post
If you go to a gym- then how did anyone not tell you that you don't throw ****ing half punches while shadowboxing?
My countrey is not good in boxing, bad trainers no talent
Old 07-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #18
soren321R

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
It was good, but you need to stop standing so square. Also, I wouldn't recommend trying to blast out with speed like that. Instead let it all flow. Keep your hands up and chin tucked in. I noticed that sometimes when you threw a hook you let the other hand dip. Do NOT do that.
From my personal experience, you will get hurt when you do that. I threw a hook, hand dropped, and I hit the canvas like a sack of potatoes.
Ok, I'll work on it thx
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #19
soren321R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_Sennin View Post
The only thing I can critique on that REALLY caught my attention was the horrible choice of music. It was really terrible, and I couldn't figure out what it was. It sort of sounded like some form of Polka with an Italian mob theme and a hispanic singer for a wedding band. If you changed your music it would definitely level up your shadow boxing : P.
Haha, it was the radio playing grtz
Old 07-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #20
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I'm kind of not a stickler for technical soundness in shadowboxing (or anything) but I do have one suggestion about the way you hold your hands.

You have a nice hook and pivot decently for movement, but your damn elbows are exceedingly splayed out and your long range straight 1-2 punches don't seem to have direction (I know it's shadow boxing and you aren't really hitting with power) BUT with the way you don't punch straight (as I said, hooks are good) and the crab like chasm in between your elbows, your body (and head) are going to be extremely vulnerable to an attacker.

Work on keeping those elbows in and maybe practice returning your hands just a bit higher. Just from watching you shadow box I would try and kill your body if I could to see if you had the reflexes to bring your elbows in, then if you had no straight shots and I could get inside easily I would shoot uppercuts straight up the middle of that wide split guard.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #21
soren321R

Whats better defence? Or they both not good? (Pics are smaller on my pc don't know why they turn so big here)
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 07-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #22
soren321R

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
I'm kind of not a stickler for technical soundness in shadowboxing (or anything) but I do have one suggestion about the way you hold your hands.

You have a nice hook and pivot decently for movement, but your damn elbows are exceedingly splayed out and your long range straight 1-2 punches don't seem to have direction (I know it's shadow boxing and you aren't really hitting with power) BUT with the way you don't punch straight (as I said, hooks are good) and the crab like chasm in between your elbows, your body (and head) are going to be extremely vulnerable to an attacker.

Work on keeping those elbows in and maybe practice returning your hands just a bit higher. Just from watching you shadow box I would try and kill your body if I could to see if you had the reflexes to bring your elbows in, then if you had no straight shots and I could get inside easily I would shoot uppercuts straight up the middle of that wide split guard.
No problem all tips are welcome, thanks man
Old 07-09-2012, 04:15 AM   #23
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by soren321R View Post
Then he could give me some advice instead of saying such things
It is terrible. It has no purpose. What reason are you punching so fast? Are you an experienced boxer with a fight very soon? Or are you a beginner trying to learn how to punch correctly?
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #24
soren321R

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
It is terrible. It has no purpose. What reason are you punching so fast? Are you an experienced boxer with a fight very soon? Or are you a beginner trying to learn how to punch correctly?
Ok, I have no problem with you saying its terrible, it probly is.
But that's why I posted this so people can give me advice..
Why I punching fast? I watched to much Mike Tyson video's
Old 07-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #25
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

You're not that bad, just need to get full extension on your straight punches & turn your body into your bent arm shots
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #26
soren321R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
You're not that bad, just need to get full extension on your straight punches & turn your body into your bent arm shots
My english is not perfect what do you mean with bent arm shots?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #27
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok mate as a beginner your focus and goal should be learning correct movement and technique. This needs to be practised over and over again in order to make it 'habit'.

Shadow boxing slowly and correctly should be part of every boxing session. It's an excellent way to dynamically stretch and is the perfect way to get mucles firing in the right order.

It takes 300 correct repititions to learn a basic movement it takes up to ten times that to relearn a learned technique correctly. Slow things right down- work on correcting the basics and from there you will have a far more sturdy foundation to build the rest of your boxing on.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #28
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

Quote:
My english is not perfect what do you mean with bent arm shots?
Bent arm shots- left hook, uppercut, uppercut of your backhand

I don't throw great bent arm shots either, it's something I'm working on, to get em perfect you really need to go back to basics
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #29
Ero_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
What?
I compete. I once got knocked down pretty hard by letting my hand drop while throwing a punch. What does this have to do with a video game?
Because keeping your opposite hand up while throwing a punch with the other is always a bad idea. It makes your hands tired and you can't throw anymore power punches with it. . . . . . duh. Quit playing video games and get in a real gym and train!
Ero_Sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok mate as a beginner your focus and goal should be learning correct movement and technique. This needs to be practised over and over again in order to make it 'habit'.

Shadow boxing slowly and correctly should be part of every boxing session. It's an excellent way to dynamically stretch and is the perfect way to get mucles firing in the right order.

It takes 300 correct repititions to learn a basic movement it takes up to ten times that to relearn a learned technique correctly. Slow things right down- work on correcting the basics and from there you will have a far more sturdy foundation to build the rest of your boxing on.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing