Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835
Default Re: ppv, you never know what you'll get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I kinda agree on that. I miss the WEC
Yeah WEC was great. Probably the best of the promotions for a good long time in terms of quality. Every event they would have someone I'd never heard of who looked a world beater only for him to get tore apart very soon. Still watch the old events on extreme sports when their on.
LHL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
No, that's what I did.

I joined ESPN that night for one month just to watch the Silva fight cos you lot had been getting excited about it on the forum, I got curious. I dodn't usually subscribe to ESPN (I can live without FNFs nad they don't show much MT) so for me it was kind of PPV. Apparently the guy on the phone at Sky said I get anohter UFC event in a few weeks as well.
You'll probably get the Weidman Vs Munoz card and 149 maybe even the Rua card. If you're a UFC fan ESPN does very good value especially when you get the FNF (even though you get one live every other year) and the football which isn't bad.

Feels good getting all that for a tenner while in the US they get one card for I think $40 which is a bit much. I couldn't live over there with all the money I'd be spending on boxing and MMA pay per views.
LHL is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #18
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Well they are dropping the PPV price in the States so Ive read. Rumours going round, which arent verified at all so it's just speculation, that 147 did under 100k. That's why no numbers have been released yet for the buyrate
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well they are dropping the PPV price in the States so Ive read. Rumours going round, which arent verified at all so it's just speculation, that 147 did under 100k. That's why no numbers have been released yet for the buyrate
I wouldn't be surprised with 147 being that low I only knew 4 fighters on it and one fight was a rematch and the other wasn't something that would make me think I need to watch this. I think they're doing too many cards at the minute maybe its just me but week after week its gets a bit much especially when the FX or fuel cards have one good fight worth watching and the rest basically prelims. Might have something to do with staying up to three to watch it though
LHL is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #20
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Yeah, the sense of anticipation for a new card has gone now. Dont get me wrong im happy there's plenty of MMA on, but the UFC is struggling to keep up the quality with the quantity.

Nev posted up the league this week, not one fight Im looking forward to really. Munoz v Weidman...meh
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #21
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yeah, the sense of anticipation for a new card has gone now. Dont get me wrong im happy there's plenty of MMA on, but the UFC is struggling to keep up the quality with the quantity.

Nev posted up the league this week, not one fight Im looking forward to really. Munoz v Weidman...meh
Exactly how I feel. Even the Versus card used to have solid under cards but now I see one fight and think that would be good. The main events used to be solid from top to bottom on the main card every fight had a reason or a name. Like you said the UFC has gone with quantity over quality it used to be the best of MMA bar one or two fighters now its the best of MMA bar one or two fighters plus everything under the sun.
LHL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum