boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Groves back in the ring in July_who's next after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesey1 View Post
As most people know by now, George Groves will be returning to the ring in a couple of weeks. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Now the question is after (if?) he beats Sierra, will he still face Anderson? If he beats Anderson, who's next? Stieglitz/Abraham or surprise everyone and fight someone that will probably be easy to negotiate with, Kelly Pavlik?

Groves has also said that he's ready for 'the Cobra.' I don't think that he is, but I'd definitely watch that one. There are a lot of great names at super middle, so a solid match up won't be hard to make if Groves feels that he's ready.
Groves has stated he'd like to fight Carl Froch , thats a confident kid right there !!! , plus , he's sparred Froch , fairly recently as well , while both fighters were preparing for fights so it wouldn't of been a tickling contest , Groves has held his own with Dirrell sparring too and frankly he looked excellent for most of the De Gale fight , the kid has ability , there's no doubting it

Personally id like to see him travel to Germany and fight that crab Steiglitz , get a title and rematch De Gale , why not !!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
Cheesey1
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Groves has stated he'd like to fight Carl Froch , thats a confident kid right there !!! , plus , he's sparred Froch , fairly recently as well , while both fighters were preparing for fights so it wouldn't of been a tickling contest , Groves has held his own with Dirrell sparring too and frankly he looked excellent for most of the De Gale fight , the kid has ability , there's no doubting it

Personally id like to see him travel to Germany and fight that crab Steiglitz , get a title and rematch De Gale , why not !!!!!
If Stieglitz loses to Abraham (when?) then Groves would ostensibly target Abraham. I agree though, DeGale/Groves would be nice. I thought that DeGale won that one, but it was close.
Cheesey1 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesey1 View Post
If Stieglitz loses to Abraham (when?) then Groves would ostensibly target Abraham. I agree though, DeGale/Groves would be nice. I thought that DeGale won that one, but it was close.
The fight was close , close enough to warrant the re match , and the fight didn't fail to deliver either , it was a very high quality show from both men

Steiglitz is poor for a world champion but he's good enough to beat AA , IMO , i think AA struggles to make a dent in anybody who's strong at the weight , and Steiglitz is tough and strong if he's nothing else , he's a little more mobile than AA and i believe a little too busy for him too
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
Cheesey1
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
The fight was close , close enough to warrant the re match , and the fight didn't fail to deliver either , it was a very high quality show from both men

Steiglitz is poor for a world champion but he's good enough to beat AA , IMO , i think AA struggles to make a dent in anybody who's strong at the weight , and Steiglitz is tough and strong if he's nothing else , he's a little more mobile than AA and i believe a little too busy for him too
Fair points re. AA and Stieglitz. If AA can't bully you then that's probably half the battle. Nonetheless, I'm not sure how that one will end up.
Cheesey1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum