Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Thumbs down ---Devise a Game Plan: for Angel Garcia to Use on Amir Khan---

I just recently had a look at the tapes of Dannys last few fights and I feel if he comes in with a similar gameplan he's going to get beat by Khan most likely by UD because to his credit he can take a shot

Especially with Morales he started wayy to slow and I gave morales the first 4/5 rounds just on workrate and if he does this with Khan I don't think he'll be able to drop Khan late on and make up for the lost points.

I feel Danny needs to make this fight a WAR, I see Khan too easily picking him off with shots and nicking most of the rounds

What do you guys think Angel should tell Danny to do?
s.sarwar7 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0
Default Re: ---Devise a Game Plan: for Angel Garcia to Use on Amir Khan---

Apply pressure, get Khan on the ropes and most importantly to the head and to the body.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
steelcity
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

iv watched the last few of dannys fights on youtube and his footwork looks so bad. the best way to beat amir khan is by out thinking him, and khans weakpoint is his footwork, which is virtually non existent, but dannys is just as bad, so i think khan takes this. He might even finish it between rounds 6 and 9.
steelcity is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmue View Post
Apply pressure, get Khan on the ropes and most importantly to the head and to the body.
yeah I think Khan can control the centre of the ring too easily, tie him up on the ropes is a good shout, Maidana had a lot of success with that
Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Put his dad in the ring and let him do the fighting.
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Put his dad in the ring and let him do the fighting.
lol i can actually see him jumping in the ring at some point
Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

He has no real chance. Too slow, too small, too lacking in power. Even with the best gameplan in the world he lacks the physical talent to execute it.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #8
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
He has no real chance. Too slow, too small, too lacking in power. Even with the best gameplan in the world he lacks the physical talent to execute it.
no I totally disagree, I think you are underestimating him. physically he can give Khan problems but it's just if he can execute a good game plan
Old 07-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.sarwar7 View Post
no I totally disagree, I think you are underestimating him. physically he can give Khan problems but it's just if he can execute a good game plan
Ok, what physical abilities does he have to compete with Khan?
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

for once, I'm speechless. No **** bashing, that pic makes me shudder, if that's your thing dude, but ewwwwww - allow it, not on the forums.
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

1) Starve Khan of Success Early
I've always felt Khan fights early off of nervous energy, He explodes into life after his first significant punch in a fight. Fighters often fall apart due to the speed and the intensity so early.

For Garcia he should look to adapt to Khan's speed, take a look at the openings and more importantly make Khan think. He's going to need to feint early to head and body whilst side stepping. Try keep the fight at a low tempo in opening few rounds. Lose the early rounds by a point, not two!. Very rarely do we see a fighter not go down early against Khan. If they don't they normally end up getting hit with a fair few and give Khan the foothold into the fight.

2)Pressure Khan
After taking the success away from Khan, Look to step to Khan. Khan has fantastic speed in hand and foot but he doesn't have control over his footwork. For Garcia he should look to stalk Khan. He mustn't just bull forward, Keep it educated behind a jab to body and head. Closing distance all the time, when you get close Khan forms a shell (full guard). Now when you get there make him pay, Peterson whether he was or wasn't juicing that night what he did well was change the angle and level of his punches. To body and head he really laid into Khan and slowed him down and formed a mental pressure with his pressure.

3) Take it to him inside the Pocket.
Khan takes rests, covers in full guard as mentioned. I keep banging on about it but why pressure a fighter then clinch and wait for ref when you get there. Get there and work!. You've earned the right to get there, don't rob yourself cos of laziness. It doesn't have to be pretty work, work around the guard to body and head and use the uppercut to bring head up.

4) Set Traps
Such a great way of beating Khan, Khan's ring IQ mainly revolves around Roach's gameplan. Garcia should look to set traps with his feints, Khan has a habit of circling to his opponents right hand. Look bring the overhand right into play after dropping a feint to the body.

5) Punch with him
I haven't seen much of Garcia, took a few looks at him when fight was announced and this is one of his habits. It may be his best chance to stop Khan.

Khan when pressured for long periods loses his posture and starts to unravel and fight off his attributes. He fires electric combinations to keep his man off and win rounds. What Garcia has to do is punch with Khan, Who leaves many openings to counters. Put the shots together, as i will mention don't load up with one punch counters, left hook, right hand!.

6) Don't load up!
Put the punches together, the punches Khan doesn't see are the ones that will hurt him IMO. Keep the pressure on him, put the punches together and let them go with speed and accuracy. Looking for one punch won't work with Khan. To many fighters look for that Prescott moment. Set the shots up as i said earlier set traps and let the shots go.

Now i really don't know if Garcia has any ability to carry out this plan, i've watched a few clips. Mostly of the Morales fight and he looked relatively ordinary IMHO. So he's best bet to win this fight is to keep it basic, and maintain steady pressure physically and mentally.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Pull out of the fight, Garcia is ****.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
s.sarwar7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
1) Starve Khan of Success Early
I've always felt Khan fights early off of nervous energy, He explodes into life after his first significant punch in a fight. Fighters often fall apart due to the speed and the intensity so early.

For Garcia he should look to adapt to Khan's speed, take a look at the openings and more importantly make Khan think. He's going to need to feint early to head and body whilst side stepping. Try keep the fight at a low tempo in opening few rounds. Lose the early rounds by a point, not two!. Very rarely do we see a fighter not go down early against Khan. If they don't they normally end up getting hit with a fair few and give Khan the foothold into the fight.

2)Pressure Khan
After taking the success away from Khan, Look to step to Khan. Khan has fantastic speed in hand and foot but he doesn't have control over his footwork. For Garcia he should look to stalk Khan. He mustn't just bull forward, Keep it educated behind a jab to body and head. Closing distance all the time, when you get close Khan forms a shell (full guard). Now when you get there make him pay, Peterson whether he was or wasn't juicing that night what he did well was change the angle and level of his punches. To body and head he really laid into Khan and slowed him down and formed a mental pressure with his pressure.

3) Take it to him inside the Pocket.
Khan takes rests, covers in full guard as mentioned. I keep banging on about it but why pressure a fighter then clinch and wait for ref when you get there. Get there and work!. You've earned the right to get there, don't rob yourself cos of laziness. It doesn't have to be pretty work, work around the guard to body and head and use the uppercut to bring head up.

4) Set Traps
Such a great way of beating Khan, Khan's ring IQ mainly revolves around Roach's gameplan. Garcia should look to set traps with his feints, Khan has a habit of circling to his opponents right hand. Look bring the overhand right into play after dropping a feint to the body.

5) Punch with him
I haven't seen much of Garcia, took a few looks at him when fight was announced and this is one of his habits. It may be his best chance to stop Khan.

Khan when pressured for long periods loses his posture and starts to unravel and fight off his attributes. He fires electric combinations to keep his man off and win rounds. What Garcia has to do is punch with Khan, Who leaves many openings to counters. Put the shots together, as i will mention don't load up with one punch counters, left hook, right hand!.

6) Don't load up!
Put the punches together, the punches Khan doesn't see are the ones that will hurt him IMO. Keep the pressure on him, put the punches together and let them go with speed and accuracy. Looking for one punch won't work with Khan. To many fighters look for that Prescott moment. Set the shots up as i said earlier set traps and let the shots go.

Now i really don't know if Garcia has any ability to carry out this plan, i've watched a few clips. Mostly of the Morales fight and he looked relatively ordinary IMHO. So he's best bet to win this fight is to keep it basic, and maintain steady pressure physically and mentally.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #14
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing****yst View Post
Pull out of the fight, Garcia is ****.
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #15