Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Wladimir Klitschko saves struggling British boxing channel Boxnation from bankruptcy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just heard from a source within struggling Boxnation that two days prior to the Klitschko vs Thompson 2 fight saw record subscriptions come in for the channel and that they've now been saved from bankruptcy.

Quote:
Boxnation the unknown dedicated boxing channel, was just about to go into administration. They were on the verge of bankruptcy in effect. The best Boxing channel in the World according to Steve Bunce is a company that was saved from bankruptcy by Dr. Wladimir Klitschko.

Record number of subscriptions to see Klitschko take on the dangerous American Tony Thompson which saw Boxnation struggle to cope with the demand.

Today Klitschko is the premier boxing champion of the World. A class act in and out of the ring Klitschko has received many awards and plaudits for his unrelentless charity work and being the former love interest of Claire from TV's Heroes.

While Klitschko held the World title since the retirement of Lennox Lewis and year after year he has only improved while growing his global brand. Klitschko in Europe is even bigger than soccer players (excluding a certain David Beckham of course) and this can now be seen with Klitschko cornering the British market. In his adopted German homeland masses of people have to cross the sidewalk just to see a glimpse of their champ.

Older brother Vitali next defends his title against the dangerous Manuel Charr next September. Bernd Bonte who acts as Klitschko's manager had this to say about his next unification fight with WBC International Silver champion Maunel Charr. "The Klitschko brothers are absolute superstars in Russia, For Vitali...it is very special to stage a world championship in Moscow."

Last edited by Manning; 07-09-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Manning is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko saves struggling British boxing channel Boxnation from bankrup

Hard to believe that fight would drive subscriptions.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko saves struggling British boxing channel Boxnation from bankrup

People where told to subscribe to boxnation before July 7th, for Haye vs Chisora! Because after this date, to subscribe will cost more money.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I bet franks got a fair whack put aside for hisself.
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Cheesey1
Journeyman

I have very little bad to say about the general quality of the NYTimes, but I definitely doubt the quality of their boxing journalists. From what I've read of their coverage they seem a little bit out of touch. If BoxNation agrees with what's in that article, then I obviously stand corrected.
Cheesey1 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fake story.
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
BoxingObserver
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Boxnation is not going bankrupt and it has nought to do with Klitschko.
BoxingObserver is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 AM   #8
Ray Dollars
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Nice bait thread.
Ray Dollars is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #9
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Ha ha. Yeah right.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 02:50 AM   #10
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #11
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Except it#s not on the NYT site, is terribly written and is clear trolling. Manning's a total prick.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 AM   #12
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesey1 View Post
I have very little bad to say about the general quality of the NYTimes, but I definitely doubt the quality of their boxing journalists. From what I've read of their coverage they seem a little bit out of touch. If BoxNation agrees with what's in that article, then I obviously stand corrected.
It's not by the NYT. The terrible grammar is the first give away.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #13
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

was quite funny tbh
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #14
trakam
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Steve Bunce
trakam is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #15
Duffy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 217

**** off, Manning.
Duffy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum