Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #61
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How much did anderson silva make last weekend

I think White probably under pays a lot of the fighters in the lower eshleons, but i would be surprising if fighters like Anderson, who have agents, wouldn't take a pretty big cut of the PPV revenue in addition to a modest guarantee. I would be surprised if he made less than 4-5M and 7M sounds about right. White's always said he's the best p4p fighter in the UFC and if a grudge rematch featuring Silva can't produce big numbers, then the sports in big, big trouble.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #62
undefeated
FIMP
ESB Jr Member

Where is everyone getting this 7 mil rumor from, links??
undefeated is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #63
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undefeated View Post
Where is everyone getting this 7 mil rumor from, links??
They cant prove it, they always talk about all these under the table payments. If the sums were so far different than what is reported then the IRS would be on their asses.

Anderson probably gets less than a million per fight, maybe between 600,000 to 1,000,000. That is a more realistic payment. Against Sonnen in 148 Anderson received 200,000 flat.

Of course Anderson would receive more than that but the bonuses on offer is limited, he could get fight bonuses, and PPV bonuses. The PPV bonus in most cases only takes effect after a certain number of viewers and could maybe account for half of the payment. Even then, you would need to deduct expenses like insurance and taxes.

Unlike a free agent like Fedor and his experinced managers, Anderson is pretty much locked into UFC, so he no longer gets that one off signing incentive (like Overeem who got a total of around $900,000 even with his huge signing bonus and PPV cut, this was apparently one of the biggest UFC deals made).
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #64
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Sadly the only way we ever get official numbers is if someone gets sued or sues. FWIW The word on the grapevine is that Silva may not have gotten a cut of the ppv this time because he demanded such a gigantic guarantee to take the fight against Chael in Vegas.

Like Overeem when the courts granted Golden Glory 30% of Overeem's total pay against Lesnar. From memory this only amounted to around $427,714.27. Which would make the total around $1.4 million.

The clincher though is that Overeem fought against a big PPV pulling fighter in Brock Lesnar this would increase his PPV cut, Overeem's total pay also included a huge ONE OFF signing bonus amounting to around $330,000, and $2 per PPV over 500,000 viewers. Dana White has also said that Overeem was the best paid UFC fighter at the time.

Also look at the higher disclosed payment that Overeem received, nearly double that of Anderson Silva's disclosed payment.

Overeem also has intellectual property rights that many other MMA fighter doesnt have.

Quote:
Knockout Investments, the MMA team's corporate parent, has obtained another court order to hold in escrow a portion of Overeem's pay for UFC 141.

This order asks $427,714.27 to be withheld by UFC parent company Zuffa LLC and deposited by check to a Nevada District Court. The amount is nearly double that of a previous order obtained the day of UFC 141, which was not executed when a surety bond was not deposited to the court.

Mmajunkie on Friday obtained a copy of the second order, which was executed on Jan. 24 and signed by a Nevada district judge. Roderick Lindblom, who represents Knockout Investments, declined to comment on the order but confirmed that a surety bond for $427,714.27 has been deposited and the order served to Zuffa LLC.

Overeem's representative, Colin Lam, could not be reached for comment.

The judgement applies to 30 percent of Overeem's purse, win bonus, pay-per-view proceeds, and "guaranteed payment for ancillary and intellectual property rights as set forth in the UFC Contracts and Zuffa's Promotional and Ancillary Rights Agreement of September 2011." It notes that the pay-per-view and ancillary and intellectual property payments are due within 30 days of UFC 141.

As with the first order, the judgement cites an affidavit from by Golden Glory head Bas Boon that states Overeem hasn't paid the team according to the terms of a contract signed in 2007 and that he's leaving Nevada before settling his bill.

Overeem defeated former champ Brock Lesnar by first-round TKO at the pay-per-view event, which took place Dec. 30 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. His total disclosed pay for the fight totaled $385,714.28.

Documents revealed in Golden Glory's suit confirm that Overeem is entitled to $2 of every pay-per-view "buy" UFC 141 draws in excess of 500,000 units in the U.S., Canada and online, according to a report on ESPN. Additionally, he is entitled to one-third of a 1-million-dollar signing bonus he received when he inked a contract with the promotion this past September.

Last edited by monaroCountry; 07-11-2012 at 10:20 AM.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #65
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
I think White probably under pays a lot of the fighters in the lower eshleons, but i would be surprising if fighters like Anderson, who have agents, wouldn't take a pretty big cut of the PPV revenue in addition to a modest guarantee. I would be surprised if he made less than 4-5M and 7M sounds about right. White's always said he's the best p4p fighter in the UFC and if a grudge rematch featuring Silva can't produce big numbers, then the sports in big, big trouble.

Guy like Sean McCorkle made 30k a fight...so I don't think there is any problem with the fighter that just came in the UFC... !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #66
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

The dude probably got a few million just for having Burger King on his shirt.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #67
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Like Overeem when the courts granted Golden Glory 30% of Overeem's total pay against Lesnar. From memory this only amounted to around $427,714.27. Which would make the total around $1.4 million.

The clincher though is that Overeem fought against a big PPV pulling fighter in Brock Lesnar this would increase his PPV cut, Overeem's total pay also included a huge ONE OFF signing bonus amounting to around $330,000, and $2 per PPV over 500,000 viewers. Dana White has also said that Overeem was the best paid UFC fighter at the time.

Also look at the higher disclosed payment that Overeem received, nearly double that of Anderson Silva's disclosed payment.

Overeem also has intellectual property rights that many other MMA fighter doesnt have.
Firstly I made clear it was rumour and that it should be taken as such. The people who told me are people in the industry who posts on Meltzer's message board - it may be correct, it may be incorrect. I think these guys are legit so I believe it...you want to disagree be my guess. And as I made clear - this is an exceptional circumstance.

As for the rest of the post...this is just laughably bad.

Firstly it is incorrect to say that the IRS would go after fighters if they earn more than reported to the commissions. The IRS doesn't give a shit about this - even if those figures were accurate for what the UFC would pay they'd still only tell a fraction of the whole story of a fighters' finances when things like deductibles (manager fees, training expenses, etc) and additional income (sponsorship) are taken into account.

Overeem's signing bonus isn't a one-off. He recieved a million dollars which is to be split between his next three fights. So his next two he will also receive an additional amount.

Given how quick the lawsuit followed the fight the UFC would not have accurate figures on how many pay per views they sold so Overeem would have been yet to receive any more for them. What Golden Boy was trying to get was money that Overeem would recieve on the night.

And please show where White said that about Overeem because I frankly don't believe it. Highest paid debuting fighter - perhaps - but noway he earning more than the champions.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #68
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete sledge View Post
The dude probably got a few million just for having Burger King on his shirt.

How ridiculous was that. This incredibly in shape athlete coming in wearing a big BK logo on his t shirt

Sure Anderson's also done a MacDonald's commercial

Might as well do KFC next for the foul sweep
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #69
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That bum Griffin getting $275k amazes me. Total bum.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #70
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
How ridiculous was that. This incredibly in shape athlete coming in wearing a big BK logo on his t shirt

I was shocked actually. I bet he's never even touched their food.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #71
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post

But what would you do Beouche ? I mean, if BK paid you a great money to use their name on your shirt ?
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #72
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete sledge View Post
I was shocked actually. I bet he's never even touched their food.

They should give their sponsorship to Big Country. It just looks ridiculous on any other UFC fighter
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #73
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
But what would you do Beouche ? I mean, if BK paid you a great money to use their name on your shirt ?

hell id do it for a free whopper!
Beouche is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum