Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #46
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Your just so easy to mock and belittle though

When you dont have wikipedia to back to up for aint got shit to say, and even when you do it aint interesting. So may as well have some fun at your expense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
But hey, I like to think that at least some of my posts liven the small subforum up a bit. And I do love to argue and talk down to people on the internet.
Indeed keep it up wiki boy your retardedness certainly makes my day
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #47
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Your just so easy to mock and belittle though

When you dont have wikipedia to back to up for aint got shit to say, and even when you do it aint interesting. So may as well have some fun at your expense



Indeed keep it up wiki boy your retardedness certainly makes my day
Sure. Better to jump into any thread I've posted in, and spend 15 posts writing at me because I wrote a one-line opinion that you agree with to another poster. Then completely ignore the points I make when I try to have a discussion with you. That makes this a far better MMA forum than it would be if you contributed to or even acknowledged the thread topic in any way at all, in any of your dozen posts so far.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #48
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Yeah, I should have left you to pass of something you read on wiki as ''knowledge'' and not made you look a right tit and a whiny bitch who can dish it out but cant take it back

My bad
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #49
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Yeah, I should have left you to pass of something you read on wiki as ''knowledge'' and not made you look a right tit and a whiny bitch who can dish it out but cant take it back

My bad
What part of my argument for Jon Jones being a potential GOAT do you think I took from Wiki?

And why is it unacceptable?

Of course you won't attempt to give an honest answer to either of those questions, so I may as well throw in another two that you'll run a mile from as well:

Why is it worthy of mocking laughter to suggest that Jones is a potential GOAT?

and

Do you in fact believe that Jones is a potential GOAT?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #50
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

So you just checked wiki to check on their ages... You already knew how many fights GSP, Fedor and Anderson had at Jones age even though Im 100% sure you havent even watched those fights...

We are mocking you for taking your argument off the wiki page because that's exactly what you did

Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #51
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
So you just checked wiki to check on their ages... You already knew how many fights GSP, Fedor and Anderson had at Jones age even though Im 100% sure you havent even watched those fights...

We are mocking you for taking your argument off the wiki page because that's exactly what you did

I looked at each fighter's birthdates.

Then I scrolled down to their pro record, to see where they were in their career on their 25th birthday. To see how much of their greatness they had achieved by the age Jones is now.

To sum it up - GSP was not yet a UFC champion. Fedor had not yet entered PRIDE. And Silva was half a decade away from even getting started at championship level.

So what exactly is unacceptable about consulting the record, when constructing an argument to show where Jones currently is in his career relative to where today's universally-accepted top 3 ATGs were at his age?


Don't worry, I know you won't answer. We'll just add it to the list of simple questions about the thread topic that you've utterly failed to acknowledge, let alone attempt to answer.

Once more, just in case.

Do you in fact consider Jones a candidate to potentially one day be considered as MMA's GOAT?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #52
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #53
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You're so smart, scurla. Jones will never ever be in the running to be considered as Fedor's equal or better. Wow, your incredible knowledge and clear-eyed, non-biased perspective has really added a lot of value to this thread. When I've spent as many years watching MMA as you have, I hope I can add insight and quality commentary to a thread, like you have to this one.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #54
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I looked at each fighter's birthdates.

Then I scrolled down to their pro record, to see where they were in their career on their 25th birthday. To see how much of their greatness they had achieved by the age Jones is now.
Ahh right, because Im sure you said you only check on their birthdays to refute my claim that you just copied what you had read on wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Yeah I wikied them, to check their ages. So ****ing what?
Ohhh look, that's exactly what you did. Now dont i feel like an idiot

So how many of those fights had you seen then Haggis? Im guessing all of them, right? Because that's what we are ''mocking and belittling'' you for, and you seem to be proving us correct



Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Don't worry, I know you won't answer. We'll just add it to the list of simple questions about the thread topic that you've utterly failed to acknowledge, let alone attempt to answer.

Once more, just in case.

Do you in fact consider Jones a candidate to potentially one day be considered as MMA's GOAT?
Nah man my wiki is broken, cant use my own words...

Oh wait a minute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
LHW
Mauricio Rua
Wanderlei Silva
Jon Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
And I stated earlier, if Jones beats Hendo then he'll be number 1 imo. And if Hendo beats Jones, then he'll be number one too. He's in the top 5 already in my list (left him out of the top 3 by a cunts hair), adding a UFC strap to the PRIDE and Strikeforce belts will be a unique achievement and possibly cement his GOAT status over Fedor, GSP and Anderson

Now considering you posted in that thread where the quotes are from, AND in this one you gave such a detailed breakdown of where GSP, Fedor's, and Andersons career was from memory, I would have thought that you would remembered my opinion.

Unless you are bullshitting about just using wiki to check their ages and copied what they read there to base you argument on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
And I do love to argue and talk down to people on the internet.
You are right, this IS fun. Im really enjoying it



Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #55
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
You're so smart, scurla. Jones will never ever be in the running to be considered as Fedor's equal or better. Wow, your incredible knowledge and clear-eyed, non-biased perspective has really added a lot of value to this thread. When I've spent as many years watching MMA as you have, I hope I can add insight and quality commentary to a thread, like you have to this one.

I guess his wiki is broken

Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #56
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I guess his wiki is broken

Spot on the money there fella.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #57
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 1000
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Here comes the back tracking...

Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #58
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Ahh right, because Im sure you said you only check on their birthdays to refute my claim that you just copied what you had read on wiki


Ohhh look, that's exactly what you did. Now dont i feel like an idiot
Are you so thick that I have to spell every tiny step out for you? Of course I checked their birthdays and then used that as a cutoff to look at and compare the early part of their careers. I assumed that much was a given, but apparently you think you've somehow caught me out.

And what exactly is wrong with that, anyway? What information did I use from Wiki that was opinion, as opposed to indisputable fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
So how many of those fights had you seen then Haggis? Im guessing all of them, right?
I don't know and it's irrelevant. More than one and less than ten. I didn't pay attention because it's irrelevant. Want to compare the resumes and GOAT potential of a pre-PRIDE Fedor or Silva with today's Jones? That's what I was getting at from the start. Do you understand? Of course you do - you're not THAT moronic, even though you pretend to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Because that's what we are ''mocking and belittling'' you for, and you seem to be proving us correct
"He may in fact be heading towards being the all-time great. "

That's the statement that prompted you and scurla to jump in and start trashing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Nah man my wiki is broken, cant use my own words...

Oh wait a minute
Is that supposed to be funny? You're criticizing me for not posting enough of my own words? That's like me criticizing you for not posting "" as an entire response often enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Now considering you posted in that thread where the quotes are from, AND in this one you gave such a detailed breakdown of where GSP, Fedor's, and Andersons career was from memory, I would have thought that you would remembered my opinion.
So based on your response of a one-line insult with no mention of anything related to the thread topic, I'm expected to go and search back through your posts on other threads to find your opinion on whether or not Jones could ever be the GOAT?

And for the record, bringing up a LHW ranking you once posted in some other thread where you have Jones at #3 - that has nothing at all to do with the statement I made to davidwatts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Unless you are bullshitting about just using wiki to check their ages and copied what they read there to base you argument on
Moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
You are right, this IS fun. Im really enjoying it
Sure, being a childish troll is much better than talking about MMA on an MMA discussion board.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #59
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
What did we do before Wiki and Google aye? god forbid we actually watched the fights?!?!
What were Fedor's best fights before the age of 25?

How do they stack up to Jones' career as it is now?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #60
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: if jon jones never fought again.

And Stoo, you argue like a bitch. I mean literally, you argue like a woman.

You want two people making snarky, bitchy comments in front of a third and then giggling to each other about how cool they are, like teenage girls in a high school cafeteria? Stoo does it.

You want completely unrelated shit from months ago being brought up because she knows she doesn't have a leg to stand on in the argument of the moment and she's determined to be a bitch anyway? Stoo does it.

You want her to wave her hand at you and say "I don't even care, I'm not even listening?" Stoo does it.

You want her to completely ignore all logical and rational argument, and all compromise, and just throw emotions with zero attempt to find common ground? Stoo does it.

You want her to say "I shouldn't even have to tell you, you should know what I think already"? Stoo does it.

Argue like a man, Stoo. Quit arguing like a bitch.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013