Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #16
Soloman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
bout time he isnt fighting a popcorn vendor

To be fair to Deontay he was fighting organ grinders not popcorn vendeors
Soloman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #17
eazym1979
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the USA
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
My turn to look like a moron. Are The Jackson Brown Band the guys that sounded like The Eagles but weren't that great?

Yeah kinda lol
eazym1979 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazym1979 View Post
Wlder will win but i just dont get it he's got power but he's way overrated
Wilder is the American version of David Price so what do you mean? Why is your guy Price any better than Wilder? Honestly? I even like Price a little bit but why do you think Price is so superior at this point? Wilder can do the same things that Price did.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
JeanPaulValley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Crescent Heights,Hell
Posts: 2,371
vCash: 438
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Deontay has been calling out Tyson Fury,Kubrat Pulev and David Price for six months now but now he's gonna finally have his first step up.

Kelvin is gonna get "Deontayed" in round 1. It's gotta happen.
JeanPaulValley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 1828
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Wilder is the American version of David Price so what do you mean? Why is your guy Price any better than Wilder? Honestly? I even like Price a little bit but why do you think Price is so superior at this point? Wilder can do the same things that Price did.
Are you freaking high?? Price has already beaten an undefeated prospect (Dallas) and won and defended a national title against established and decent fighters.

Wilder has fought.......who?
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #21
eazym1979
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the USA
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanPaulValley View Post
Wilder is the American version of David Price so what do you mean? Why is your guy Price any better than Wilder? Honestly? I even like Price a little bit but why do you think Price is so superior at this point? Wilder can do the same things that Price did.
No sir he cant, first Wilder doesnt use his jab often enought and fights small, Wilder can pop but as a pro has already been down and he swings wild and leaves his hands down. Price fights tall, works off his jab and
has a very good right of his own and Price doesnt get wild and exposes what could be a hugh weakness and thats his chin. Wilder fights reckless and when he fights a hw who can punch and take his he's in trouble
eazym1979 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
eazym1979
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the USA
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

And Jean Paul ur record now stands at 300 and 1 u got ko'ed big time buddy on this one
eazym1979 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #23
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,661
vCash: 75
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazym1979 View Post
No sir he cant, first Wilder doesnt use his jab often enought and fights small,
You need to watch more of his fights. He has been specifically working on his jab (said so in many interviews) and you can clearly see the difference in his last 3-4 fights. He still doesn't use it constantly, but he hasn't needed to against all those bums. When he DOES throw it, its a weapon, not a rangefinder.

Maybe someday he'll face a real opponent, and we'll see what he really has in that left hand. Sadly, it seems this may never happen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eazym1979 View Post
Wilder can pop but as a pro has already been down ...
Oh no! he's been down! No chin at all!
- I guess you think the same of Ali, then? (heck, Ali was even KD'd as an amateur! And FOUR times as a pro! No chin at all! ) And bear in mind, Wilder only for amateur for about a year. When he got popped as a pro, he was still learning.

You chin-checker are hilarious. Sad, but entertaining.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eazym1979 View Post
Wilder fights reckless and when he fights a hw who can punch and take his he's in trouble
Reckless? Name the fight. Sometimes he clowns around, which I dislike, but it's because he so ridiculously outclasses his tomato-can opponents that he's literally bored in the ring. Yes, this is a very bad habit, and it may cost him if his management ever gets him a real fight, but he is NOT reckless.

He is, however, getting harder & harder to defend.

(Kelvin Price is another joke opponent. Dress up a turd all you want, it's still a turd.)

I feel like Lou Duva, nearing the end of Golota's career.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #24
eazym1979
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the USA
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Watch the Beck fight and saw his wing wide looping punches, in the Beck fight he used his jab more then he had in the last few fights, he still allow Owen to get in close and he's keeps bending down to fight instead of using his height. Iam not a chin checker i saw him go down against a bum and that sent up a red flag just like when Price got Ko'ed as an amature, when he hurts a fighter and granted their bums but he goes wild and starts winging shot to try to end the fight instead of fighting under control and waiting for an opening. Wilder however biggest problem is his mangement they need to take off the training wheels and Price is a nice first step but dont act like Wilder is a world beater because he has serious flaws and if he was with a world class trainer in maybe a different story. And he drops his dam hands to much
eazym1979 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #25
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,661
vCash: 75
Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs Kelvin Price on August 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazym1979 View Post
Watch the Beck fight and saw his wing wide looping punches... dont act like Wilder is a world beater because he has serious flaws and if he was with a world class trainer in maybe a different story. And he drops his dam hands to much
I agree. He's developing very bad habits fighting all these bums. He also has a bit of a balance problem.

As you say, he needs a better trainer, or more discipline, or maybe just better fights so he has a reason to get serious.

What's happening with Wilder's career is sort of a microcosm of the sport as a whole. So many potentially great fighters don't fight each other, and don't get good competition. Sometimes it's because their management has no money or bad connections, sometimes it's because good fighters are afraid to face them (a no -win proposition) or maybe they're just in the wrong country.

It really, really sucks.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013