Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Talking The Real Reason Mundine moved out of Floyds Gym!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Mundine on back foot over 9/11 rant

ANTHONY MUNDINE has sought to clarify his controversial 9/11 comments after being taunted while he sparred at Floyd Mayweather's gym before his first fight in the United States against Bronco McKart next weekend.

Mundine, who sparred seven rounds with two opponents last Friday at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas, was upset that people in the gym wanted to see him hurt because they believed he supported the terrorist attacks on America on September 11, 2001.

A month later, he said: ''They call it an act of terrorism, but if you can understand religion, and our way of life, it's not about terrorism. It's about fighting for God's law, and America's brought it upon themselves."
Yesterday he said: ''One of my team overheard them say to the second guy I sparred to try and hurt me because, 'He had disrespected us and our country.'

''I was dumbfounded by that and some of the other remarks they were coming out with. They don't know how I was taken out of context about the whole 9/11 thing.

''I am just anti-war but back then, 10 years ago, it was made out that I was happy for the killings or that I supported what happened, which is not the case. Those comments were just spun around like I was clapping my hands. I have a family too, I know what it is like to suffer the loss of someone close to me, and I would never wish that upon anyone.

''The point I was trying to get across was that it was in a war state of mind, and there is always going to be tit for tat, so why put yourself in a situation where you can endanger people. I have got nothing against any American, I have got nothing against any human being.

''It breaks my heart that people think I would even have that line of thought about being happy about people dying. That is crap and I want to clarify that because it is wrong.''

Initially, Mundine said he thought the jibes from the crowd was in response to him calling out Mayweather as a future opponent if he beats McKart at The Palms on Sunday (Sydney time). ''It was a pretty interesting experience,'' he said

Idoit, USA wasnt at war. Tit for tat wtf lol ... Mundine is shitting his pants. He moved out of Floyds gym because they hate him like the plague and wanted to bust him up in sparring. he hangs around with known terrorists like the Elmoar brother who was on the Terrorist watch list and hangs out with thugs like Nader Hamdan. I hope the crowd gives him a very warm welcome and he ends up with a bottle pelted at his head. They best have a bullet proof vest on him while their at it and possibly throw a helmet on his head because i doubt he is getting out of that place intact lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
awayfromhome
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Location: on the road a lot living between Australia, Uk, Asia and Canada.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Real Reason Mundine moved out of Floyds Gym!

yes he can definitly be an idiot (most of us can at times) but I seriously doubt he has any links or ties to terrorism - Obviously I aint the only one or there is no way he'd be allowed into the states. The US was most definitely in a war frame of mind after 9/11 which is why they attacked Iraq even though Iraq was an enemy of al qaida. Mudine said dumb things to the wrong people (media) and it was blown into a news story. interesting that he was training at floyds gym - anyone have any reports on how he looked in sparring?
awayfromhome is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
BigBopper
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

Idoit, USA wasnt at war. Tit for tat wtf lol ... Mundine is shitting his pants. He moved out of Floyds gym because they hate him like the plague and wanted to bust him up in sparring. he hangs around with known terrorists like the Elmoar brother who was on the Terrorist watch list and hangs out with thugs like Nader Hamdan. I hope the crowd gives him a very warm welcome and he ends up with a bottle pelted at his head. They best have a bullet proof vest on him while their at it and possibly throw a helmet on his head because i doubt he is getting out of that place intact lol
This sounds more like it. I was in Vegas last year for three months over summer (very ****ing hot) and visited the Mayweather gym. It is extremely well run by Cornelius Boza. There is no way he would make fighters train in 50 degree heat as Mundine claimed out of spite. He is one of the nicest most genuine guys you would ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. No ****ing way he would put up with any bullshit like turning off the A/C when Mundine trains as he claimed, just to mug him off.

He would however let the young bucks test themselves in the ring with a former world champ with a big mouth who goes around disrespecting people. But even then, remember Mundine is there by invitation. You don't train there without an invite. So even then I don't imagine it being a totally hostile environment. Everyone guy in there respects everyone else that comes through the doors.

Looks like he can't take a bit of lip.
BigBopper is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Can't take it but boy can he dish it out..
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
This sounds more like it. I was in Vegas last year for three months over summer (very ****ing hot) and visited the Mayweather gym. It is extremely well run by Cornelius Boza. There is no way he would make fighters train in 50 degree heat as Mundine claimed out of spite. He is one of the nicest most genuine guys you would ever meet. He would do anything for anyone. No ****ing way he would put up with any bullshit like turning off the A/C when Mundine trains as he claimed, just to mug him off.

He would however let the young bucks test themselves in the ring with a former world champ with a big mouth who goes around disrespecting people. But even then, remember Mundine is there by invitation. You don't train there without an invite. So even then I don't imagine it being a totally hostile environment. Everyone guy in there respects everyone else that comes through the doors.

Looks like he can't take a bit of lip.
As long as they have rattled his cage im happy and so is Bronco.. Bronco is VERY confident for this fight, he knows he can defeat Mundine. Jump on board the Bronco Express before the odds plumett
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
PorkChopExpress
Champion of the Universe
ESB Senior Member

@ all of this
PorkChopExpress is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Quote:
As long as they have rattled his cage im happy and so is Bronco.. Bronco is VERY confident for this fight, he knows he can defeat Mundine. Jump on board the Bronco Express before the odds plumett
Did Bronco get back to you after you sent him the Wood KO video?
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #8
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

this is all hypes before the fight.. he wants to sell more tickets
pourya is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #9
Sawyers
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Mundine said what he said about S11 coz he is a dope. Thick as two bricks. The USA were not attacking Muslim countries at that point. The Gulf war was well over years before. The story of US gov doing a home job on the towers is possible. Anything is possible by the hands of the US gov.
Sawyers is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #10
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
Did Bronco get back to you after you sent him the Wood KO video?
He sure did m8, we had a nice chat on facebook about the fight, i gave him my strat on how to win the fight and he is pretty much of the same opnion. Jump on board the Gravy Train brutha!

TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He sure did m8, we had a nice chat on facebook about the fight, i gave him my strat on how to win the fight and he is pretty much of the same opnion. Jump on board the Gravy Train brutha!

I hope you told him that Mundine can't hurt him... Nowadays, he would struggle to knock the skin off a rice pudding. He needs to just walk through Mundine...take his best shot to land his own and see the fear in his eyes

It must give a boxer heaps of confidence to know that his opponent can't ko him
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #12
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers View Post
Mundine said what he said about S11 coz he is a dope. Thick as two bricks. The USA were not attacking Muslim countries at that point. The Gulf war was well over years before. The story of US gov doing a home job on the towers is possible. Anything is possible by the hands of the US gov.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #13
BigBopper
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 87

To be honest. Not knowing anything about Bronco, I think Mundine takes this.

But just going to the US now? My ****ing god. How ****ing retarded is Mundine and Khodder. You could argue Khodder was playing the long game and making hay while the sunshined in australasia. Buuuuuuut not really. He is not smart at all. Mundines career is just as miss-managed as David Tua's.
BigBopper is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #14
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyers View Post

And you have a hide to call Mundine a dope

That's just as insulting to Americans as the Mundine comments
kel is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #15
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker View Post
I hope you told him that Mundine can't hurt him... Nowadays, he would struggle to knock the skin off a rice pudding. He needs to just walk through Mundine...take his best shot to land his own and see the fear in his eyes

It must give a boxer heaps of confidence to know that his opponent can't ko him
I told him Mundine is a shot fighter and has no power, his only assett these days is his speed, i told Bronco not to fight him on the outside and allow him to box and use his speed, and to stick on his chest, rough him up like Woods did and the KO shouldnt be to far away. Sent him the links to the Woods fight also. Bronco is pretty pumped for this, not just for a win but for the honor of his country. Mundine hasnt done himself any justice with his 911 comments and its just given guys like Bronco who are VERY patriotic more motivation to bring this win home.

Bronco also had a very good mate die in the war, and is a religiouse man as are alot of his supporters. I honestly think this guy can do it, he is up for the full 12 rounds and when he gets motivated he finishes off strong as he did his last bout when his opponent tried to head butt him.

I think Mundine will be like a deer stunned in the headlights. This is all new to Mundine, he usually has alot of supporters at his shows in Aussie, this one will be very diffrent as the majority of the crowd will be against him, going by the reception he got at Floyds gym and subsequently removing himself to the hotel to train tells me Mundine dont like to be rattled by hecklers.

One must also ask the question as to why he is sparring so close to the fight, also the heat isnt going to suit him well, what id really like to know is when did he land in USA ? has he had enough time to climatize and adjust to the time diffrence? It usually takes a good month to climatize, 2 weeks is not enough time.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum