Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534
Default Ricky Hatton's underrated footwork & feints

I was watching Hatton v Mayweather yesterday. I had forgotten that Ricky was actually pretty decent. History has branded him an uneducated slugger which is harsh.

He had good footwork, allot better than what people give him credit for. He wasn't just a walk forward fighter. He'd feint, shuffle, weave, cut down the ring.

His feints were awsome. His inside game got exposed when he move up to the elite level, but I wouldn't say he was an overrated club fighter that some say.

I even watched the Pacquiao fight yesterday to. If he would have tucked his chin in when he got in close, the fight might have been a different story. (he still gets beat, but maybe not so brutally)
macho_grande is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ricky Hatton's underrated footwork & feints

I was a big fan of him untill after the Tzsyu fight where his personality changed quite a bit imo. He became a bit of a cunt after that, but Hatton was a very, very good fighter and is under-rated alot nowadays.

He wasn't mentally right in the Pacquiao fight at all imo, he looked like a man walking to the gallows on his ring walk.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Anaboilc lion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

footwork was excellent
Anaboilc lion is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Bazzel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I remember watching him on the way up he was something special. Footwork was fast. Body shots were better than any british fighter I have seen.
Now he is known as a fat loser
Bazzel is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
I was a big fan of him untill after the Tzsyu fight where his personality changed quite a bit imo. He became a bit of a cunt after that, but Hatton was a very, very good fighter and is under-rated alot nowadays.

He wasn't mentally right in the Pacquiao fight at all imo, he looked like a man walking to the gallows on his ring walk.
It all went a little 'Rocky 3' towards the end didn't it?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Boxalot
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
It all went a little 'Rocky 3' towards the end didn't it?
It did, it was cringeworthy at times. The "man of the people" shit got overplayed to a frightening degree.

I remember when he was coming up on SKY and this young kid was really exciting. He had good upper body movement, excellent footwork, he was aggressive as **** and really went to the body hard. It was complete search and destroy! The Thaxton and Magee fights were brilliant and he showed impressive discipline against Tackie. It was frustrating for a few years waiting for him to finally step up but when he did he seriously ****ing went for it against Tzsyu. After that i really went off him.
Boxalot is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxalot View Post
It did, it was cringeworthy at times. The "man of the people" shit got overplayed to a frightening degree.

I remember when he was coming up on SKY and this young kid was really exciting. He had good upper body movement, excellent footwork, he was aggressive as **** and really went to the body hard. It was complete search and destroy! The Thaxton and Magee fights were brilliant and he showed impressive discipline against Tackie. It was frustrating for a few years waiting for him to finally step up but when he did he seriously ****ing went for it against Tzsyu. After that i really went off him.
Agree, his upper body movement was brilliant. A real jack in the box live wire. He had a decent jab when he wanted to use it to.

As you say, he got really wrapped up in the "people's champion" tag.... It was slightly sad to see him start talking about himself in 3rd person all the time, hanging with all the celebs, and genuinely being a ****.

He seems to have sorted himself out now though.

Good luck to him
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Ricky Hatton had a prime Floyd Mayweather stumbling all over the show, and for large portions of the fight Floyd Mayweather's movement and footwork was not affecting Ricky Hatton as much as people thought.

Because Hatton could move forward faster, than Mayweather could move backwards or side to side. Ricky Hatton had immense speed, when he cutting off the ring, and he was extremely agile on his feet.

I still stand by my word! Ricky Hatton was Floyd Mayweather's toughest fight at 140/147.

It was a complete myth that Mayweather easily out boxed Hatton, a complete and utter myth.

There was 1 or 2 rounds in it, come the stoppage.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Ricky Hatton had a prime Floyd Mayweather stumbling all over the show, and for large portions of the fight Floyd Mayweather's movement and footwork was not affecting Ricky Hatton as much as people thought.

Because Hatton could move forward faster, than Mayweather could move backwards or side to side. Ricky Hatton had immense speed, when he cutting off the ring, and he was extremely agile on his feet.

I still stand by my word! Ricky Hatton was Floyd Mayweather's toughest fight at 140/147.

It was a complete myth that Mayweather easily out boxed Hatton, a complete and utter myth.

BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He wasted so many good years with that WBU crap!
glue glove is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

Quote:

Hatton defiantly gave Mayweather a tough fight (similarities with the Cotto fight perhaps)

Hatton was competitive throughout, but Floyd was winning clearly. From about round 5 onwards he started to pull away.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Did you watch the fight..? It was far from easy for Mayweather, he was uncomfortable for the majority of the fight. Watch the HBO coverage, Manny Stewart was leaning towards Ricky Hatton early on in the fight, and was constantly stating that Floyd Mayweather was uncomfortable.

Harold Lederman, had the fight scored at..

86-84.....after 9 rounds for Floyd Mayweather! and that was with the point being deducted from Ricky Hatton's scorecard! By that cunt Cortez.

Funny that is'nt it mate.

Cunt......
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macho_grande View Post
Hatton defiantly gave Mayweather a tough fight (similarities with the Cotto fight perhaps)

Hatton was competitive throughout, but Floyd was winning clearly. From about round 5 onwards he started to pull away.
Its a myth that he started to pull away...

Ricky Hatton was in the fight until the stoppage.

Mayweather could of slicked Cotto's ass, but he deliberatly fought Cotto head on.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #14
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Did you watch the fight..? It was far from easy for Mayweather, he was uncomfortable for the majority of the fight. Watch the HBO coverage, Manny Stewart was leaning towards Ricky Hatton early on in the fight, and was constantly stating that Floyd Mayweather was uncomfortable.

Harold Lederman, had the fight scored at..

86-84.....after 9 rounds for Floyd Mayweather! and that was with the point being deducted from Ricky Hatton's scorecard! By that cunt Cortez.

Funny that is'nt it mate.

Cunt......
So because Harold Lederman (genuine mong) says Mayweather is two rounds up that means it's a fact.

Retard.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #15
Tdog
Journeyman

Totally agree Ricky was by far mayweathers toughest test Ricky put it on him and was there to win not like cot to mosley and co.
Tdog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum