abzmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1225
Default Re: Khans sparring session on Behind the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wubbleyou View Post
Some Russian dude. Subadev?
Ah ok,ta, what weight category is he in ?
abzmanc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #62
critix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

While a lot of people are upset with Khan trying to be macho in fights, in his recent interview he insists he will not getting into a war.

He says he'll make it a lot easier for himself by listening to his trainer by boxing and not get into a brawl. Isn't this what everyone is hoping for (those supporting Khan)?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOaLpUFo4Ss[/ame]

Not much else we can ask for.
critix is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #63
raheen
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Why is no one mentioning the face of the guy he was sparring? He looked well beat up. I also did not think Khan looked great in that sparring session, but then I saw Garcia sparring last night. He looked even worse. Besides we all know sparring does not mean shit.
raheen is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #64
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Mandana's quotes from the Kotelnik sparring video are truly wince worthy. Whats even worse though is you bunch making the EXACT same mistakes, and you say Khan can't make adjustments LOL

Next minute......... Shut out victory for Khan with Kotelnik (quickly chalked up as an overrated, average belt holder post fight) barely landing a glove all night long
Firstly spell it right, secondly i got it wrong and what's the actually problem. Feeling someone will win a fight. I didn't rate Kotelnik that highly before hand just felt it would be to much for Khan physically and mentally. He proved me wrong, Kotelnik was a solid world champion but no great shakes but impressive first win on world level.

Khan fought a negative fight but diciplined fight that night, i never expected him to be that diciplined but to his credit he was and deserved the title. Plus i felt at that point his chin was still poor. Not any more but Kotelnik never pressed the fight properly until it was to late IMO.

Poor form coming from you, i could trawl through the utter drivel you've written and spam the boards but doesn't interest me.

Oh and i once felt Cotto would be to big and strong for Pac, 2 years later Pac beats him. You can use that one as well . I'm no expert clearly, nor do i claim to be one. It's a forum.

Last edited by SkillspayBills; 07-12-2012 at 01:06 PM.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #65
Redondo5
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4380

Quote:
Originally Posted by critix View Post
While a lot of people are upset with Khan trying to be macho in fights, in his recent interview he insists he will not getting into a war.

He says he'll make it a lot easier for himself by listening to his trainer by boxing and not get into a brawl. Isn't this what everyone is hoping for (those supporting Khan)?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Not much else we can ask for.
smithy is great. i liked his interviews with mccallum, tyson, hopkins and mayweather.
Redondo5 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #66
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Smitty is top class, He's one of those guys you'd love to meet when going to a big fight in U.S and talking shop with him. Bet he has stories for days on current and past fighters.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #67
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I guess those that were concerned by those sparring clips, had every reason to be!
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #68
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well as I said earlier they should never have put out that sparring footage. It just reinforced everything that is bad about Amir Khan. Team Garcia would have been licking their lips after that. Cos
you knew sooner or later that version of khan was going to emerge so as soon as he gets reckless he is bound to just walk into something and get tagged. Did the same thing in the fight jumped in unguarded and in to hooking range. Why was that clip ever put out_ and why can't Khan box to instruction?
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #69
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

It's damning footage really - Khan taking a beating in sparring, making the exact mistakes that would see him KOd on fight night without his trainer anywhere in sight, just his S&C trainer and some assistant with no authority to try and steer him in the right direction.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #70
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Well as I said earlier they should never have put out that sparring footage. It just reinforced everything that is bad about Amir Khan. Team Garcia would have been licking their lips after that. Cos
you knew sooner or later that version of khan was going to emerge so as soon as he gets reckless he is bound to just walk into something and get tagged. Did the same thing in the fight jumped in unguarded and in to hooking range. Why was that clip ever put out_ and why can't Khan box to instruction?
I agree. But really, Garcia's lot would have known about those flaws and would have been working to exploit them, before that footage even aired. I mean, even us idiots on these messageboards knew how open Khan is to left hooks and when jumping in carelessly. Him being as upright and stiff as a lampost with no head movement, has never been a secret.

The most disappointing thing to take from the footage, for me, was that Khan seemed reluctant or unable to address the mistakes he makes.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #71
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
It's damning footage really - Khan taking a beating in sparring, making the exact mistakes that would see him KOd on fight night without his trainer anywhere in sight, just his S&C trainer and some assistant with no authority to try and steer him in the right direction.
Looks bad. Makes it shocking that, for the level he's supposed to be at, he and his team seemed to have learned nothing from the Peterson and Maidana fights.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #72
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

was watching the fight with a few casuals and one dude who knows **** all about boxing, when sky showed the clip of that sparring session that guy turns to me and says well that guy is defo getting knocked out he is shit, i said nah man its only sparring, an hour and half later i was eating my words
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #73
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
was watching the fight with a few casuals and one dude who knows **** all about boxing, when sky showed the clip of that sparring session that guy turns to me and says well that guy is defo getting knocked out he is shit, i said nah man its only sparring, an hour and half later i was eating my words
Yup. I understand why most were saying "it's just sparring", but when he's clearly repeating the same mistakes that have put him in so much trouble in the past, more than likely these mistakes we're gonna' creep in on the night. I think it was Skillz earlier on in this thread that laughed and said if the gloves were smaller and no headgear was on, he'd be put on his ass with those left-hooks. And lo and behold....

Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #74
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yup. I understand why most were saying "it's just sparring", but when he's clearly repeating the same mistakes that have put him in so much trouble in the past, more than likely these mistakes we're gonna' creep in on the night. I think it was Skillz earlier on in this thread that laughed and said if the gloves were smaller and no headgear was on, he'd be put on his ass with those left-hooks. And lo and behold....

i think khan got caught up in his own hype thinking he has a granite chin, the amount of times i have heard him say how he proved the doubters wrong that the people saying he had no chin, "well you know i think i proved i can take a shot now from the maidana and peterson fights", little did he know that chin is made of glass
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #75
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
i think khan got caught up in his own hype thinking he has a granite chin, the amount of times i have heard him say how he proved the doubters wrong that the people saying he had no chin, "well you know i think i proved i can take a shot now from the maidana and peterson fights", little did he know that chin is made of glass
Yeah, there's being confident in your abilities, but then there's being deluded, too. His downfall has been contributed by his refusal to acknowledge and accept his flaws.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum