Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534
Default With so many fighters failing drug tests, does PAC look more guilty now?

First off, I've always blamed Manny for the Mayweather fight falling through. As soon as he refused a drug test I was done with him.

The majority of boxing analyst (especially in England) blamed Floyd for making "unrealistic" demands.

Fast forward a few years, and with so many boxers falling tests and so many others demanding testing. How does this make Manny look now.?

He still hasn't taken any additional testing whilst most fighters in & around him have.

To those people who always thought he was innocent. What about now?
macho_grande is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
kobashi
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: With so many fighters failing drug tests, does PAC look more guilty now?

What I find funny is the same people who were blasting Floyd for asking for drug testing outside of Nevada are now saying boxing needs to get tough on drugs!!

Floyd was doing the right thing and now the haters should admit he was right.
kobashi is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: With so many fighters failing drug tests, does PAC look more guilty now?

It probably makes him appear less guilty/retarded.

If you volunteer for additional testing, you ought to make damn sure that everything you are taking is perfectly legal.

At the end of the day, Pacquiao has passed every drug testing regime that he's been placed under - of course that doesn't necessarily make him innocent, given that substance providers are always one step ahead, much like kids that chip Playstations or X-Box's.

I'm not sure Floyd wanted drug testing for the benefit of the sport, it was purely for his own benefit.... by accusing Pac of being a cheat he paid him the biggest backhanded compliment he possibly could.

He'd have looked better simply coming out and saying ''I think I'll lose at the minute, so I'll pass for now''.

I'm as pro-testing as anyone, but it shouldn't come in because Floyd wants it. I want best vs best ALL the time, Floyd clearly hasn't fancied that for quite some time.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
glue glove
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If your clean, take the test.

Pac refused. I don't want to condemn anyone, but it looks dodgy.

Mayweather would've schooled Pacqiuao anytime, styles make fights.
glue glove is online now  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
charliesharkey
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by glue glove View Post
If your clean, take the test.

Pac refused. I don't want to condemn anyone, but it looks dodgy.

Mayweather would've schooled Pacqiuao anytime, styles make fights.
this
charliesharkey is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Manny Pac has blatantly been on PEDS.

Why wouldn't he agree with Olympic Drug testing..?

In a very short amount of time his performances have dropped in intensity, his power seems to have gone missing. One minute he is making Oscar De La Hoya quit on his stool, decking and wobbling Shane Mosley, near enough killing Ricky Hatton, and inflicting crimes upon Antonio Margarito.

And then all of the sudden, he's ****! and he looks completely shit.

He has struggled in his last two fights, JMM beat him. He struggled to impose himself on Trimonthly Bradley, and i don't even think it was a big of robbery. Manny Pac was missing most of his shots, and for large portions of the fight look like a complete retard.

Tim Bradley implemented abit of clever movement/positioning, and clearly Manny Pacquio did not have the speed to just vaporise this skills element.

Manny Pacquio just looks physically weaker these days, and its not as if he is old. He is in his early 30's, he is not a Alcoholic, the guy does not blow up in weight in between fights.

The skills and technique have never been on Floyd Mayweather's level, or any other elite boxer. If you evaluate Manny Pacquio as a fighter, technically on pure skill, ring iq etc he is not on the level of Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Andre Ward, Chad Dawson, Wladimir Kiltschko, David Haye....

Any elite fighter, with elite boxing skills. He is not on their level, he struggle's with these type of fighters.

And without his bionically enhance body with the aid of PEDS.

He's a dead man up against Floyd Mayweather.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Pac is a cheat, no ****ing doubt. There isn't a credible argument to suggest he hasn't been cheating. He had his chance to prove the doubters wrong, he blatantly had something to hide.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

He got pretty badly banged up against Margarito though.... took plenty to the body.

When you consider that Pac is a smallish welterweight and Cheato is basically a middle.... and we're in the days of 24hr hydration too.

Marquez would always give him fits, especially as he's become less wild and more technically correct. It was Pac's unpredictability that gave him a chance against such a good technical fighter.

Lose the reference to Haye in your post, it was pretty good until you tried to claim he's a top technical fighter. Lunging in with wild right hooks ain't technical, and you know it
Old 07-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
It probably makes him appear less guilty/retarded.

If you volunteer for additional testing, you ought to make damn sure that everything you are taking is perfectly legal.

At the end of the day, Pacquiao has passed every drug testing regime that he's been placed under - of course that doesn't necessarily make him innocent, given that substance providers are always one step ahead, much like kids that chip Playstations or X-Box's.

I'm not sure Floyd wanted drug testing for the benefit of the sport, it was purely for his own benefit.... by accusing Pac of being a cheat he paid him the biggest backhanded compliment he possibly could.

He'd have looked better simply coming out and saying ''I think I'll lose at the minute, so I'll pass for now''.

I'm as pro-testing as anyone, but it shouldn't come in because Floyd wants it. I want best vs best ALL the time, Floyd clearly hasn't fancied that for quite some time.
You have just stated that you are all for pro testing, but you don't want it because Floyd Mayweather wants it..? Are you having a ****ing laugh.

Drug testing in boxing is shit.

It has one of the worst testing regimes in the whole of professional sports, what testing regimes has Manny Pacquio passed..?

A urine sample after his fights..? I can remember Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach stated that they don't like taking blood tests, because Manny Pacquiao blamed a drug test before the Eric Morales defeat, made him weak..! Just imagine if Roger Federer refused to be properly drug tested, urine, blood etc...because he claimed that these tests made him weaker.

Floyd Mayweather as a professional athlete has a right, to change the sport for the better, in other sports it is always predominately the athletes will bring the change. Tennis, Athletics, Cycling, Football all these sports have strict drug testing procedures in place. Boxing is a professional sport, and the same rules also must apply in this sport.

He has blatantly been on PEDS, he has blatantly been hiding something. At one stage Manny Pacquiao's performances from a physical point of view where very alarming, and that is why more than one person! more than one fighter, accused and suspected Manny Pacquiao of using PEDS.

These professional fighters, know what is unusual. And while back, Manny Pacquiao was very unusual, the speed and the power.

Then in a short amount of time..? He has been reduced to just a small welterweight, with decent hand speed, shit accuracy, decent power, but with a limited technical range, and he is a abit of a retard.

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao is a boring easy fight for Mayweather these days.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

What I mean is that it should come in because fighters are ****ing cheating and getting away with it, and putting themselves and their opponents at risk of serious damage, whilst also conning the paying public who want to see a fair contest.

It shouldn't come in JUST because Floyd says so. Until Floyd started whining about it I don't recall many boxing fans having any knowledge at all over the issue, other than probably wanting it because other sports have it.

Now it seems that Floyd is some kind of beacon of integrity, when in reality he just didn't fancy facing the Manny Pacquiao that made Miguel Cotto look like a journeyman.

Let's be ****ing honest here.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #11
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pacquiao is innocent. Pacquiao is p4p the greatest fighter in the world. That is all.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141

Hes not on PEDS its obvious to anyone
Special is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
Abertawe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
What I mean is that it should come in because fighters are ****ing cheating and getting away with it, and putting themselves and their opponents at risk of serious damage, whilst also conning the paying public who want to see a fair contest.

It shouldn't come in JUST because Floyd says so. Until Floyd started whining about it I don't recall many boxing fans having any knowledge at all over the issue, other than probably wanting it because other sports have it.

Now it seems that Floyd is some kind of beacon of integrity, when in reality he just didn't fancy facing the Manny Pacquiao that made Miguel Cotto look like a journeyman.

Let's be ****ing honest here.
That is probably true, Pac was possessed in his fights, literally walking through the strongest guys in the sport. But the question is what enabled him to do that?

Floyd knows these guys inside out, and quite rightly was thinking how the **** has he managed to destroy these guys, it's a fair assumption Pac is on something.
He had the chance to prove it was down to talent and just hard work, he turned it down. He's a ****ing cheat.
Abertawe is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

Didn't Roach say... "we would have liked testing against Margarito but as we refused it ourselves, we can't ask him to do it"

****ing retards that lot.

You have to ask yourself, why was Manny desperate for a cut off 3 years ago, but doesn't need one now?? I mean seriously, it's dodgy as ****
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Unless you know something the rest of us don't I'd say the answer to the thread question is no.

I'm telling you it's the sticky rice!
boranbkk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum