boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #31
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Klitschko v Thompson II among the lowest TV ratings in Germany in recent Klit his

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Merely 8.89 mil people bothered to watch that borefest. Wlad v Haye did almost twice as much (15.5 mil).

Haye granted Wlad a payday. Fact.
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #32
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Klitschko v Thompson II among the lowest TV ratings in Germany in recent Klit his

Quote:
How am I the troll? I provided unarguable facts whereas your post has no substance at all except releasing the butthurt Haye has caused in an imbecile like you.
and i just posted nothing but facts stating almost 16 million people saw your ***** win "1" round and yet you brag about this fraud like he accomplished something. now he is fighting a guy with 3 losses in his last 4 fights....amazing Haye and his re****ed fans.....youre a class 1 idiot
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #33
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Let it all out
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
So funny that a fully grown adult like iceman is so bothered by a boxer trash talking his hero that he still talks about it on a daily basis a year later

Let it go man.
i hate his mental midget pro wrestling mentality fans.

and when have you seen me naked?
iceman71 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Merely 8.89 mil people bothered to watch that borefest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabund_vD View Post
Don't be a hater Faerun. While I agree that this was yet another boring Wlad performance, the viewer ratings weren't that bad.
Did you guys actually watch the fight???

This was the most aggressive I have seen Wlad in a long, long time, and it made for quite interesting viewing, which really surprised me, as this really did seem like it was going to be an unbelievably boring fight, based on their first fight.
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #36
Vagabund_vD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 347

Yes, I watched the fight KERRIGAN I might have done something more worthwhile with my time, but hindsight is 20:20.

The main problems with RTL are:
- 60% of the entire broadcast are commercials; they don't show what happens between the rounds, so you can't hear the advice of the corners and even worse: there were 2-3 fights that were stopped between rounds and you couldn't see it live as they were showing commercials
- The broadcast is streamlined to just show the main event; they would have enough time to show a decent undercard, but they rather decide to show boring material about the preparations of the Klitschko camp and how dangerous their opponent is (trying to hype a competitive fight)

I don't get the Haye fanboys in this thread either. Klitschko vs. Haye had great TV ratings because it was hyped as the Mayweather vs. Pac HW version in Germany. The casual fans didn't know who Haye was and it's delusional to think Haye has a broad fanbase in Germany.

Concerning PPV: Sky Germany (formerly known as Premiere) shows the bout as a PPV for 20€ indeed. This said: PPV is very uncommon and even more unpopular in Germany. Being on PPV doesn't mean that the Chisora vs Haye bout will generate lots of money, it's quite the contrary. The casual fans won't watch the fight and especially won't pay for PPV. There might be some hardcore boxing fans that'll order the fight, but I'm pretty sure that 98% of the hardcore fans from Germany will rather watch it live via (illegal) streaming for FREE.
Vagabund_vD is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #37
KERRIGAN
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Quote:
Yes, I watched the fight KERRIGAN I might have done something more worthwhile with my time, but hindsight is 20:20.
And you thought it was a boring fight?
KERRIGAN is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
Vagabund_vD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Yep, totally. It's not that I can't appreciate a decent HW bout. Huck vs. Povetkin was quite exciting for me. I guess I'm mainly looking for a competitive bout when it comes to boxing. I don't blame Wlad or Vitaly for their poor opposition. It's just that their fights (especially Wlad's ones) really bore me. I guess it's a mix of:
- Wlad's style of boxing (he used to be far more exciting before he adopted his safety first approach)
- Lack of quality opposition that could actually bother the Klitschkos
- Lots of commercials on RTL
- No exciting undercard shown

I'm equally bored watching Sturm fight on SAT1, as their broadcasts suffer from the same bull**** issues.

ARD actually does it right with their Sauerland cards. They show competitive bouts, no commercials, good undercards, decent commentating. Furthermore you get the impression it's actually about the sport, watching these ARD broadcasts. Watching RTL and SAT1, you get the impression it's all about the show and the primetime stars ...
Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
theboss
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
No, it doesn't unless it's in a different time zone. TV ratings when the fight took place in Switzerland or other countries in that time zone had similarly good results.

The Klits are simply losing fans with their boring-ass performances. Vitali v Chisora was successful because of Dereck.
Coming from a guy with NARd sa his avatar .
theboss is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #40
bodyheadic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

9 million viewers is a lot.
bodyheadic is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyheadic View Post
9 million viewers is a lot.
It's not too spectacular by RTL standards. Again, the drop in spectators is relevant not the absolute number.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #42
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I don't get the Haye fanboys in this thread either. Klitschko vs. Haye had great TV ratings because it was hyped as the Mayweather vs. Pac HW version in Germany.
Don't mix up cause and effect. Hyped up by whom? Haye. Not Wlad, not RTL, not Germany - it was only up to Haye to make the fight as big as it was.

You disagree?
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #43
ashl3y72
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 196

Quote:
It's not too spectacular by RTL standards. Again, the drop in spectators is relevant not the absolute number.
as opposed to the Wlad/Haye fight? Were people expecting it to do numbers similar to that fight
ashl3y72 is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #44
Ulver
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

That wasn't a "boring" fight, what a crock. If that fight was boring, some of you guys must be bored by about 90% of the boxing matches you see.

The "boring" tag is just automatic with Wlad-haters now, the reality doesn't matter.
Ulver is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #45
Vagabund_vD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Don't mix up cause and effect. Hyped up by whom? Haye. Not Wlad, not RTL, not Germany - it was only up to Haye to make the fight as big as it was.

You disagree?
Nope, I don't disagree at all in this case

Haye did a superb job at promoting the fight and I'll give him full credit in this field. But I'm primarily a fan of the sport of boxing, not of the show that's developing around it. I'm all for prefight hype, to make things more interesting but at the end of the day you have to deliver.

Haye trash-talked his way to his biggest payday yet and when he fell short and disappointed, he blamed his toe. Delboy was outgunned in his fight against Vitaly as well, but at least he ****ing tried to win by going forward and bringing the fight to Vitaly.

Haye simply didn't deliver on the grand stage. He has been a far better salesman (some might say conman) than a boxer in his bout with Wladimir. I don't understand the whole fascination about ratings and paychecks anyway.

I don't care that nearly nobody in Germany watched Cotto vs. Margarito I in the middle of the night because that was a very exciting fight. I don't care how many viewers watch Wladimir box because at the end of the day, the ratings will have no influence whatsoever on how exciting the bout will be for ME. I don't care about PPV numbers, I don't care about purse splits, I don't care how many groupies or cars somebody has.

I just care about watching exciting boxing. And in this field neither Wladimir nor Haye did deliver lately (from my POV). Hopefully Delboy vs. Haye will be an exciting fight again.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum