Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #61
biglemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1945
Default Re: Klitschko v Thompson II among the lowest TV ratings in Germany in recent Klit his

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
Beware of insulting Iceman's man-crush or else he'll crush you with random cosplay pics.
iceman aint gon do shit he know what time it is.
biglemon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #62
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Re: Klitschko v Thompson II among the lowest TV ratings in Germany in recent Klit his

Quote:
Merely 8.89 mil people bothered to watch that borefest. Wlad v Haye did almost twice as much (15.5 mil).

Haye granted Wlad a payday. Fact.
Can't blame them, Reasonless, Bogus rematch, No reason for it.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #63
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

When the people who love Hassellhoff no longer want to watch you, that is bad. Absolutely 0 entertainment value in a Wlad fight. After his performance against Haye, he should have no audience.

Vitali, is a different story. He comes to fight.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #64
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

haye can sell out msg ma---rbating
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #65
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Tough View Post
Surely lots of guys tuned in too see Haye?
No. They want to see the loudmouth against Wladimir, thatīs a difference.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #66
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
When the people who love Hassellhoff no longer want to watch you, that is bad. Absolutely 0 entertainment value in a Wlad fight. After his performance against Haye, he should have no audience.

Vitali, is a different story. He comes to fight.
The title is misleading.

This was a rematch, so that in of itself is going to lower the ratings (considering how Wlad dispatched of Thompson previously).

Secondly, over 40% of the TVs in Germany that were on, were tuned to the fight.

Third, scaling for population, this is the same audience as if it drew 34 million people watching it live in the US.
Which is almost 10 million more than game 7 of the world series drew.

Point is...that's still a huge number for Germany.
BoxingDomain is online now  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #67
Vagabund_vD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 347

Did you even care to read the ****ing posted ratings? The Klitschkos on their worst day (ratings wise) still do 1.5 times the numbers of Abraham and Huck. I'm not that entertained by Wladimirs bouts and even less by the RTL broadcast, but to say that he got bad ratings is DELUSIONAL.

Here's the important data for all delusional fans again:
Quote:
Wladimir-Thompson II (RTL, 07.07.12): 8,28 Mio / 41,5% MA
Abraham-Taylor (17.10.09): 6,02 Mio / 36,4% MA
Abraham-Marquez (ARD, 08.11.0: 5,97 Mio / 26,6% MA
Sturm-Sylvester (ZDF, 01.11.0: 5,91 Mio / 22,6% MA
Vagabund_vD is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #68
Vagabund_vD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post
Point is...that's still a huge number for Germany.
At least one guy got it right.

</EndThread>
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #69
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabund_vD View Post
Did you even care to read the ****ing posted ratings? The Klitschkos on their worst day (ratings wise) still do 1.5 times the numbers of Abraham and Huck. I'm not that entertained by Wladimirs bouts and even less by the RTL broadcast, but to say that he got bad ratings is DELUSIONAL.
Eh how about you quit putting words in my mouth.

Now tell what statement is "delusional"

- Wlad lost almost 50% (!!!!!) in TV ratings compared to the Haye fight
- RTL does 7 mil on a regular basis with less prestigous (to put it mildly) shows
- 8.99 is not good number by Klitschko and RTL standards
- 50% tuned in to see Haye in July 2011

There's no point to comparing Klit stats to Huck's, Abraham's and so forth. RTL is privately owned company and the largest broadcaster (in Europe) at that - they have a HUGE budget to promote Klit fights.
Secondly, it's not about being a horrible TV rating, which it clearly isn't, it's about an apparent decrease (a drastic one to say the least) in numbers that leads to the conclusion that either the spectators are finally starting to get bored shitless by the Klitschkos or that they want so see engaging personalities in the ring like Haye, Briggs or Chisora.

Again, I challenge you to disprove anything I said. Your casual German Klit fan has no ****ing clue about boxing and couldn't care less who Wlad or Vitali fight. Thompson being an unworthy contender as the reason for a 50% drop in TV ratings is simply rubbish considering the bum contests the Klitschko's had over the years while sustaining excellent TV ratings.

By the way, Boxing Domain is rumoured to be affiliated with K2 Promotions. You won't ever see a dismissive post about the Klits from him, so I recommend checking your sources.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #70
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

No one expected this bogus rematch to do any good. Fact is, Wladimir was forced to fight him or lose his title.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #71
Vagabund_vD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I wasn't addressing you personally with my remark about reading the ratings but actually the freeloaders invading the thread, stating that Wlad is boring and Haye is god ...

As I've said: Haye did a great job PROMOTING the bout to the German public, but he didn't show anything in the fight to suggest that he was actually somebody who could have beaten Wladimir.

The public isn't that stupid: if it gets fed "dangerous opponent" after "very dangerous opponent", they stop believing the fight hype at one point. The German public has pretty much figured out that there is no serious contender that can beat Wlad at that point.

In this light, the ratings of last week's bout are actually quite good. Thompson II did 1 million viewers less than Thompson I. That means that 8 out of 9 viewers who watched the initial bout, tuned in 4 years later to watch Wlad KO the guy who he had already dismantled one time in dominating fashion.

Let's see how many people tune in to see the next Klitschko bout, assuming Wlad/Vitaly don't fight another guy who they've already beaten in the past. I'm pretty sure that Vitaly vs. Charr will do around 9 million, which wouldn't be bad for subpar opposition.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #72
Golden Boy 360
Boxing's Biggest Cash Cow
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Didin't even know the fight was that day until i saw the results.
Golden Boy 360 is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #73
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

I'm glad his ratings are down. People of tired of Wlad and his tomato cans. ANd also his style a man his size scared to get hit. Its all down hill for Wlad now and also he can't hide behind his brother anymore. Vitali was taking the risky fights to protect Wlads weak chin.
derrick is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #74
grouche
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Hey look a Klitchko thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fellow brittards, let's get it on with the hatin'
grouche is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #75
grouche
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 423

Brittard, can you at least make an attempt to comprehend a mere fact that thompson2 ratings were on par with thompson1?

Quote:
Eh how about you quit putting words in my mouth.

Now tell what statement is "delusional"

- Wlad lost almost 50% (!!!!!) in TV ratings compared to the Haye fight
- RTL does 7 mil on a regular basis with less prestigous (to put it mildly) shows
- 8.99 is not good number by Klitschko and RTL standards
- 50% tuned in to see Haye in July 2011

There's no point to comparing Klit stats to Huck's, Abraham's and so forth. RTL is privately owned company and the largest broadcaster (in Europe) at that - they have a HUGE budget to promote Klit fights.
Secondly, it's not about being a horrible TV rating, which it clearly isn't, it's about an apparent decrease (a drastic one to say the least) in numbers that leads to the conclusion that either the spectators are finally starting to get bored shitless by the Klitschkos or that they want so see engaging personalities in the ring like Haye, Briggs or Chisora.

Again, I challenge you to disprove anything I said. Your casual German Klit fan has no ****ing clue about boxing and couldn't care less who Wlad or Vitali fight. Thompson being an unworthy contender as the reason for a 50% drop in TV ratings is simply rubbish considering the bum contests the Klitschko's had over the years while sustaining excellent TV ratings.

By the way, Boxing Domain is rumoured to be affiliated with K2 Promotions. You won't ever see a dismissive post about the Klits from him, so I recommend checking your sources.
grouche is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum