Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard. You think Lombard can win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
Wandy?

That would be a good scrap... maybe even Leben when he's back?

Lynchburg
I don't know about Leben, if Lombard fights like he normally does then he'll probably gas trying to take Lebens head off. Wandy at this stage is a perfect match-up for him, plus he is a big 'name'.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #32
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard. You think Lombard can win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
I don't know about Leben, if Lombard fights like he normally does then he'll probably gas trying to take Lebens head off. Wandy at this stage is a perfect match-up for him, plus he is a big 'name'.
It's a sad day when people continually put forward an ATG like Wanderlei as the ideal opponent for every limited slugger that needs a win. **** giving Lombard an 'easy' fight against a shot legend, if he's going to progress in the UFC he should be given the same tough assignments as every other 'star' coming into the organization gets. I'm not saying throw him in there with the most difficult fighter available, but let's not cherrypick someone made for him at their expense. If he insists on staying at mw, let's see how he copes with a live dog also coming off a loss, such as Leben or Munoz.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #33
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard. You think Lombard can win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
It's a sad day when people continually put forward an ATG like Wanderlei as the ideal opponent for every limited slugger that needs a win. **** giving Lombard an 'easy' fight against a shot legend, if he's going to progress in the UFC he should be given the same tough assignments as every other 'star' coming into the organization gets. I'm not saying throw him in there with the most difficult fighter available, but let's not cherrypick someone made for him at their expense. If he insists on staying at mw, let's see how he copes with a live dog also coming off a loss, such as Leben or Munoz.
It's sad but that's where he is at right now, I would actually like to see Lombard vs Munoz.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard. You think Lombard can win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
It's sad but that's where he is at right now, I would actually like to see Lombard vs Munoz.
Me too actually, there's real bad blood there.
Kittikasem is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard. You think Lombard can win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittikasem View Post
Me too actually, there's real bad blood there.
I don't think that Munoz would be able to take him down, and he has been shown to have a shaky chin. I think Lombard would flatten him.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013