Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Devon Alexander...

What are your thoughts on this guy? He really impressed me for being only 20 years old and pretty much dominating Demarcus Corley. Don't get me wrong Demarcus is past his best and is pretty much a gatekeeper in the division but he's still a solid fighter. And I also believe not too long ago he gave Junior Witter a pretty good fight. But I think Alexander has the tools to be a great fighter as long as he stays dedicated to the sport. He's only gonna get better and that's scarey!
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
andyc

Default Re: Devon Alexander...

I totally agree! I thought he showed muturity beyond his years in the ring. To think that his only 20years old, he has plenty of time to develop and could have a promising futute if he continues to improve.
andyc is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochp
He was 20, damn I guess he did impress me. If 25 I would have thought he was overrated
Yeah he's only 20 years old thats what really impressed me. Because i remember CHavez junior fighting guys off the street or guys off a farm at his age lol. And to tell you the truth i dont believe Chavez has even fought anyone on the level of Corley to this day! Yet Bob Arum has the nerve to put his fights on Pay Per View
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
standing 8countboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought Alexander was impressive, but I have to say, Corley is even below gatekeeper at this point. Corley, a very cool guy, is working as a fitness instructor in Fredericksburg, VA, my parents hometown. Yeah, I guess he stays in shape. But he takes fights on short notice, and then returns to his job. I'm guessing that was his last fight.

Last edited by ironchamp; 01-02-2007 at 12:00 PM.
standing 8countboxing is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
albeziel
Multi Viral C13
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 314

Screams a lot, but he did his job.
albeziel is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Devon is a cool cat and a disciplined, effective and classy slickster. He is not Great yet but I would say he is halfway into the road to greatness, he will be one day. Kevin Cunningham is an extraordinary insightful trainer and he conducted the 20 year older well like he did with Cory before. They have the tools, the style and the ring smarts - 12 rounds to none against Chop Chop is not for the average guy... Yeah, he needs to relax a little bit, be less vocal about it and let that punch come by itself but as long as he keeps on unloading accurate, consistent, stinging right jabs and sharp left crosses, a hook or an uppercut to finish up and keep it such a fast pace, spirited fight, no one get touch this guy - no Ricardo, no Paulie, no Demetrius - I just don't think he can get it on with Ricky and Junior at this moment but he'll be much better than those guys one day, maybe even better than Zab at 140 and in the day... That's my take on Devon, I'm incredibly impressed.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
dwilson

vCash:

Good amature pedigree as well. He looks hot and is the future of the division. A couple more fights under his belt and he will be in a position to win a belt and keep it.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum