Old 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #16
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Forrest Griffin granted TRT exemption

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
You forgot to add that you abused hormones for years and ****ed up your Endocrine system that's why you're on them now.

It's irrelevant why anyone has low levels, the fact is everyone regardless of age is permitted to seek medical attention for it.

As for me, I was off juice for years before my levels crashed after hitting 30. So my natural production was actually fine long after I came off but something happened in my early 30s.
Flexb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexb View Post
It's irrelevant why anyone has low levels, the fact is everyone regardless of age is permitted to seek medical attention for it.

As for me, I was off juice for years before my levels crashed after hitting 30. So my natural production was actually fine long after I came off but something happened in my early 30s.
Stopped reading there.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #18
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
Cool story bro...

At 26 years old?

Are you telling me that a dude that big who has been wrestling for years at the top level has low testosterone naturally?

He has abused his body for years and now he is paying the price... or not I should say. No he gets to have a level of 6:1 in NSAC bouts against my 1:1 because he has "low" testosterone?!

This is the poor young lad that has low levels;
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Lynchburg
Yours could naturally be close to that anyway but just because one fighter is 6:1 compared to a 1:1 doesn't really mean shit in the fight. In any given fight between normal males one could be 5:1 and the other 1:1. Testosterone doesn't make you a better fighter nor does an extra 10lbs of muscle. Duffee is slow as shit and sucks, so use him a great example of how little testosterone helps in making good fighters.
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #19
Flexb
GQ Smooth
ESB Addict

Quote:
Stopped reading there.
Because you're a complete fool. Keep following these wild goose chases and witch hunts the media is luring you into.

OMG, Jon jones is on TRT now!!!! Call CNN!
Flexb is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Because you're a complete fool. Keep following these wild goose chases and witch hunts the media is luring you into.

OMG, Jon jones is on TRT now!!!! Call CNN!
Adding the emoticons doesn't help your case mate. Matter of fact it mates you look like a tit. There's no wild goose chase here. Its quite clear Griffin is on TRT. That's a fact. Not supposition so keep up homie.
Secondly it's pretty clear you're partial to hormones yourself hence your dogged insistence that TRT is ok. The fact its only generally prescribed for people who have SERIOUS Endocrine related issues and not HEALTHY athletes has clearly gone over your head.

Quote:
It's irrelevant why anyone has low levels.

These are the kind of statements from a guy who doesn't have a clue. Irrelvent? That doesn't even warrant a response. And yes 'something' just happened to you hence why you're on them. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...Like i said you're a juice head. You abused gear. ****ed up your Endocrine system and here you are 10 years later. Just be man enough to admit it. Instead of supporting professional athletes to 'legally' abuse hormones.
And why are you blabbering about Jon Jones? The thread title says Griffin. Come on son keep up....
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Oh dear. Yet another guy on TRT loses
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is getting silly.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #23
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post
Cool story bro...

At 26 years old?

Are you telling me that a dude that big who has been wrestling for years at the top level has low testosterone naturally?

He has abused his body for years and now he is paying the price... or not I should say. No he gets to have a level of 6:1 in NSAC bouts against my 1:1 because he has "low" testosterone?!

This is the poor young lad that has low levels;

Lynchburg
It's not like it helps his chin
J_Roth is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
CrimsonBeast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

There is people's health on the line in the cage. this shit isn't right
CrimsonBeast is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #25
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Yours could naturally be close to that anyway but just because one fighter is 6:1 compared to a 1:1 doesn't really mean shit in the fight. In any given fight between normal males one could be 5:1 and the other 1:1. Testosterone doesn't make you a better fighter nor does an extra 10lbs of muscle. Duffee is slow as shit and sucks, so use him a great example of how little testosterone helps in making good fighters.
It's not about Duffee not being well rounded as a fighter because TBH, the guys is 26 and has bags of skill and power but little punch resistance. It's about him using treatments at such a young age.

He is the same age as me!!! I wouldn't even think of asking for a lifelong treatment at my age.

At the end of the day, the guy has a green light so more the power to him for playing the system.

I train with guys that are much fitter than me each day but when asked for 30 situps they do 25 to finish first... I'll do 35 and make them wait.

Why? Because I do it for myself and no one else. I train to be the best I can be and have fun. Guys that win but use "boosters" later on in life may think to themselves was it me or the special sauce?

I'd rather be 100% myself and finish the best place possible than ride the system and maybe loses respect of friends, family and fans.

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
300press
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Scurlaruntings! You know that everybody in the Ufc is using Ped's, when I say everyone I mean EVERYONE! Top to bottom in the organization, they all use. You only hear about it when they go over there doses. Anyone can walk into a Dr's office and get a script for this.

It is the norm now, and Dana White and company don't give a shit because they are all taking them too. HGH, Test, Winstrol, they take it all.
300press is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300press View Post
Scurlaruntings! You know that everybody in the Ufc is using Ped's, when I say everyone I mean EVERYONE! Top to bottom in the organization, they all use. You only hear about it when they go over there doses. Anyone can walk into a Dr's office and get a script for this.

It is the norm now, and Dana White and company don't give a shit because they are all taking them too. HGH, Test, Winstrol, they take it all.
Preaching to the choir b.
What pisses me off is that some fans sympathise with guys in TRT. And even though using hormones is clearly illegal its fine when a doctor says so. Even though you have tons of these guys on TRT exemptions. Neither Randy or Henderson would have had such long careers if they were not in TRT. It's a complete farce. And made even more insulting when that prick Dana and Lorenzo come put publicly and say they're going to address the issue. Just STFU already.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #28
300press
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Preaching to the choir b.
What pisses me off is that some fans sympathise with guys in TRT. And even though using hormones is clearly illegal its fine when a doctor says so. Even though you have tons of these guys on TRT exemptions. Neither Randy or Henderson would have had such long careers if they were not in TRT. It's a complete farce. And made even more insulting when that prick Dana and Lorenzo come put publicly and say they're going to address the issue. Just STFU already.
It is insulting to the guys that know what's up. The thing is now, TRT is just a excuse to hope on gear. So all these guys have low test to begin with? Either they juiced before and their levels have crashed our they just want the edge. Ban it, or let it be totally open test free enviroment. Let them take whatever they want Pride Fc/Rings style, because it is turning into a joke. You shouldn't even be testing because clearly everyone is on TRT now!!!!
300press is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300press View Post
It is insulting to the guys that know what's up. The thing is now, TRT is just a excuse to hope on gear. So all these guys have low test to begin with? Either they juiced before and their levels have crashed our they just want the edge. Ban it, or let it be totally open test free enviroment. Let them take whatever they want Pride Fc/Rings style, because it is turning into a joke. You shouldn't even be testing because clearly everyone is on TRT now!!!!
It completely invalidates the tests which are clearly just a tick box. Plus the tests themself are a joke of which anyone with a bit of knowledge on gear can pass. They should simply do what PRIDE did and not bother at all. But we can't do those kind of things in the West as we like to get all moral about it all. Puhlease....
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
Kittikasem
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

The UFC is a flat joke. Dana and Lorenzo's are liars. Point blank. They're not going to do anything about this. When fighters get caught they just apply for an exemption and its legal again. F'in disgraceful. Dam shame the judges didn't see this fight in Ortiz's favour.

In advance of his UFC 148 rubber match with Tito Ortiz, Forrest Griffin obtained a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy.

The exemption was first reported by Pro MMA Radio host Larry Pepe, and MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) subsequently confirmed the decision with Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer were unsuccessful.

Ortiz told he would consult with his representatives before issuing a statement to the media.

Griffin bested Ortiz by unanimous decision in the co-main event bout, which took place this past Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and aired live on pay-per-view. The bout served as Ortiz's retirement bout after the two split a pair of previous fights at UFC 59 and UFC 106.

Kizer confirmed Griffin's testosterone levels were checked post-fight and were within allowable limits.

A rep for Griffin was unreachable for comment.

Griffin is the sixth reported fighter to obtain a therapeutic use exemption in Nevada following Chael Sonnen, who also received one in advance of his title fight against Anderson Silva in the headliner of UFC 148. Following UFC 146 in May, Kizer revealed that Frank Mir, who was unsuccessful in a bid for heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos' belt, was the fourth fighter.

Previous fighters to get a TRT exemption in the state include Shane Roller, Todd Duffee and Dan Henderson.

Griffin was not present at an NSAC meeting on May 21 in which Sonnen was unanimously approved for an exemption. Sonnen was ordered to undergo additional blood testing following a review of medical paperwork justifying his use of TRT.
Poor Forrest. He was a shot, shit fighter. Now he's going to be a shot, shit fighter who juices. The UFC need to sort this shit out, it's getting beyond a joke.
Kittikasem is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum